Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: punk bands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Not sure how many listen to punk on here, but wanting to see who others listen too. Any type of punk, pop, skate, hardcore etc.

Heres most the bands I listen to.
    NOFX
    Against Me!
    Minor Threat
    Rise Against
    No Use for a Name
    Subhumans
    Dead Kennedys
    Sex Pistols
    Ramones
    Lawerance Arms
    Slapstick
    Agnostic Front
    Germs
    The Adicts
    The Clash
    The Descendents
    Propagandhi
    Adolescents
    Black Flag
    Bad Brains
    Bad Religion
    Circle Jerks
    Flogging Molly
    Hatebreed
    Defiance, Ohio
    Thrice
    Lagwagon
    Negative Approach
    Rancid
    Operation Ivy(better than Rancid imo)
    Reagan Youth
    Social Distortion
    The Pimps
    The Offspring
    Green Day
    Pennywise
    listen to all the bolded. Bad Religion is my favorite punk band ever honestly.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Yellowcard

Youngblood hawke.

vCash
    I could probably get into Leftover Crack. Really dig this song

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GZKJw...%3DGZKJwdJRbCo
    Leftover crack and Choking Victim are the same band. Download No Gods, No Managers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    listen to all the bolded. Bad Religion is my favorite punk band ever honestly.
    Yea Bad Religion is awesome. Its funny though, I read an article or may have been on Wikipedia, but they regret their logo and name. They said they made it when they were teenagers and only did it to piss their parents off. I knew a dude who was a huge fan of theirs and tried getting their logo for a tattoo and his tattoo guy wouldnt do it.

Surprised you like the older bands but not Dead Kennedys. I personally think theyre the better of the classic punk bands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Leftover crack and Choking Victim are the same band. Download No Gods, No Managers.
    Sweet ill check that out. Sucks I got limited room on my phone. Can only have a couple albums of each. On top of it I listen to all types of other music. Sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Dlont know which I quoted, but didnt want to quote them all. But I liked the queers one and the one not named husker du lol(didnt check that one out yet tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSTYTROMBONE View Post
    They're the same band! But either way, they F*CKING ROCK!
    Yea I knew that lol. Wish operation ivy had more material though. But between the two Rancid prolly has 3 of my top 5 songs. Travis Bickle(easily my favorite), Davis Courtney and Red Hot Moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Two greatest band names I've ever seen.

On the topic, Against Me! is so ****ing good.
    I'm In.

vCash
    if you like folk and punk, I really recommend Defiance, Ohio. Awesome band. You used to be able to get their albums for free from their site too.

Sorry for all the post too. Phone wont let me multi quote, if a mod feels the need to merge them to one thats cool. Not trying to post pad or anything.

vCash
    My list is pretty old school...just like me:

NOFX
    Gimme Gimmes
    Rancid
    Op Ivy
    Guttermouth
    Bad Religion
    Against Me!
    Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly
    H2O
    Bigwig
    Lars and the Bastards
    Pennywise
    Suicide Machines
    Gob
    Less Than Jake
    Propagandhi

...of course there are a million more. These are the basics on my playlists.

vCash
    Yea Bad Religion is awesome. Its funny though, I read an article or may have been on Wikipedia, but they regret their logo and name. They said they made it when they were teenagers and only did it to piss their parents off. I knew a dude who was a huge fan of theirs and tried getting their logo for a tattoo and his tattoo guy wouldnt do it.

Surprised you like the older bands but not Dead Kennedys. I personally think theyre the better of the classic punk bands.
    no problem with the Dead Kennedy's, or Rancid. Hell, a few others up there, I just bolded my favorites.

Wonder why Bad Religion hated the name so much? But yeah, they are my favorite.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I did love 39 smooth, Kerplunk, and Dookie was alright, but then Green Day sucked after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Two greatest band names I've ever seen.

On the topic, Against Me! is so ****ing good.
    Againsg Me! Is awesome Tom Gable, or should I say Laura Jane Grace, is a genius. To bad they sold out(im someone who hates that term too), but when a band has a song like Reinventing Axl Rose then go the route they did, its hard not calling them that. Also sucks Warren Oakes left the band. IMO Reinventing is one of the best albums ever in any genre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no problem with the Dead Kennedy's, or Rancid. Hell, a few others up there, I just bolded my favorites.

Wonder why Bad Religion hated the name so much? But yeah, they are my favorite.
    In the live documentary Along the Way, frontman Greg Graffin claimed to regret choosing that as their symbol because it may have put off a lot of religious people who he feels could benefit from listening to Bad Religion. When bassist Jay Bentley was asked about it in the same documentary, he claimed it was a symbol meant to "piss off our parents" and that it was "something easy to put on t-shirts and for kids to spray paint on walls"; when people ask him what it means, he says, "whatever you think it means". Guitarist Greg Hetson claims in the documentary that it stands for anti-establishment.

Thats from wiki. Guess it was only the logo not the name too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    My list is pretty old school...just like me:

NOFX
    Gimme Gimmes
    Rancid
    Op Ivy
    Guttermouth
    Bad Religion
    Against Me!
    Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly
    H2O
    Bigwig
    Lars and the Bastards
    Pennywise
    Suicide Machines
    Gob
    Less Than Jake
    Propagandhi

...of course there are a million more. These are the basics on my playlists.
    Forgot to put Gimme Gimmes. Their cover of Earl had to Die is awesome.

I seen Less Than Jake in concert, didnt care for them much. Have you heard of Slapstick? Theyre some Chicago legends and only had couple albums. But LTJ is part of their "family tree". They've spawned some other popular punk bands like Alkaline Trio, Lawerance Arms and The Falcon. Slapstick is another band that unfortunately didnt stick around long enough.

http://bradenbost.files.wordpress.co...9/slapstic.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast