Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73

Thread: punk bands

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, did they really think religious people would actually stick around for their hardcore liberal songs? I mean, I am conservative, and struggled with a few of their songs because of it. Factor in being religious, which I am not, and no, they didn't miss an audience. They are over-thinking it.
    Over-thinking it, and back-pedalling with age. It happens all the time. Music is one of
    the few artistic genres where people demand the artist be always exactly who they
    were 10,20,20+ years ago. If it's a painter, no one wants the artist to keep painting
    the same stuff and having the same beliefs. That would be a sort of artistic death
    and is considered a liability and lack of artistic virility. But when a musician grows
    up and has different ideas and opinions due to that growth, then they are
    "sell outs" and everyone wants to completely discount the early work as
    being "fake" and "posing".
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    1500
    Dropkick Murphys
    Ducky Boys
    The Clash
    Cocksparrer
    ACAB
    Skrewdriver
    Smut Peddlers
    US Bombs
    Social Distortion
    Anti-Heros
    Rancid
    Operation Ivy

    So many others that I cannot think of right now...!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,293
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    I could probably get into Leftover Crack. Really dig this song

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=GZKJw...%3DGZKJwdJRbCo
    Man I remember all the rumors of Leftover Crack coming over the border to do a show in Toronto. There was at least one every year while I was in high school. I remember when I was 16 it got cancelled 2 days before the show and I was heartbroken. He could never get over the border with all the drug charges. Anyways these are the punk/ska bands I listen to:

    Leftover Crack
    Choking Victim
    Morning Glory
    The Heatskores
    The Flatliners
    INDK
    Bad Religion
    Goldfinger
    The Casualties
    Voodoo Glowskulls
    Keepin 6
    Big D and The Kids Table
    Rancid
    NOFX
    Planet Smashers
    Mad Caddies
    Reel Big Fish
    Streetlight Manifesto
    One Cool Guy
    BOTAR
    Catch 22 (Keasby Nights and before)

    and many many more

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Man I remember all the rumors of Leftover Crack coming over the border to do a show in Toronto. There was at least one every year while I was in high school. I remember when I was 16 it got cancelled 2 days before the show and I was heartbroken. He could never get over the border with all the drug charges. Anyways these are the punk/ska bands I listen to:

    Leftover Crack
    Choking Victim
    Morning Glory
    The Heatskores
    The Flatliners
    INDK
    Bad Religion
    Goldfinger
    The Casualties
    Voodoo Glowskulls
    Keepin 6
    Big D and The Kids Table
    Rancid
    NOFX
    Planet Smashers
    Mad Caddies
    Reel Big Fish
    Streetlight Manifesto
    One Cool Guy
    BOTAR
    Catch 22 (Keasby Nights and before)

    and many many more
    I listened to most of these bands in high school. Cool to see you listed some local Toronto bands, Heatskores and Flatliners. I've seen The Planet Smashers and Bid D and the Kids Table countless times. And BOTAR was the sh1t... gonna go listen to It's a Wonderful Life right now.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    1,610
    vCash
    1500
    we used to have a good live music scene here back in the day.gotohells playing with the nobodies,deisel boy show all great stuff that i wish were still happening here.a good punk venue would be fun.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Skrewdriver

    Few people have the cojones to put them on a list any more.
    But they were a stellar punk band. No matter what.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Skrewdriver

    Few people have the cojones to put them on a list any more.
    But they were a stellar punk band. No matter what.
    Yea lol. I seen that and laughed. Ive never listened to them, but I definitely know what they're about and if I did listen to them I likely wouldn't admit it. But I dont think Agnostic Front is to much better really. Dont think they've ever came out and said it, but ive heard they're a racist skinhead band. Amd they have that Public Assistance song.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, did they really think religious people would actually stick around for their hardcore liberal songs? I mean, I am conservative, and struggled with a few of their songs because of it. Factor in being religious, which I am not, and no, they didn't miss an audience. They are over-thinking it.
    Yea I see what you're saying. Id bet it more to do with them growing up, but you don't want to say that really, not the punk thing to do. I know the lead singer from Pennywise got **** when he quit to be with his kids more because it wasnt "punk."

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone listen to Teenage Bottle Rocket? They're coming to town and thought going to see it.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Skrewdriver

    Few people have the cojones to put them on a list any more.
    But they were a stellar punk band. No matter what.
    What are you implying, sir? Of course they are stellar, that is why I mentioned them.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSTYTROMBONE View Post
    What are you implying, sir? Of course they are stellar, that is why I mentioned them.
    If people knew they would look at you funny. I see no problem with it though. Theres nothing that says you have to agree with every one of a bands opinions. NOFX is one of those for me. I think the song Clams Have Feelings Too is funny as ****, but I dont agree with the meaning. Also im very anti religious and I feel like they do to many songs like that and over do it. But ive really been digging this song lately.

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6X0OS...%3D6X0OSdBeo3M

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,293
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ray View Post
    I listened to most of these bands in high school. Cool to see you listed some local Toronto bands, Heatskores and Flatliners. I've seen The Planet Smashers and Bid D and the Kids Table countless times. And BOTAR was the sh1t... gonna go listen to It's a Wonderful Life right now.
    I'm actually catching the Planet Smashers in February with The Creepshow opening! It'll be my first time seeing them since Sarah left the band. The Creepshow were probably my favourite band all through high school.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,553
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Skrewdriver

    Few people have the cojones to put them on a list any more.
    But they were a stellar punk band. No matter what.
    I remember when Skins were part of the punk scene. I never understood it but...
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Pretty excited right now. Im going to Corpus Christi, Texas for a week in March. Been looking for things to do while down there(my flight is free so going to even more cash to spend), while searching found that Bad Religion and Against Me! are playing the House of Blues in San Antonio my first day there. My flight gets there at 11:30 am so its definitely possible. Even better while looking further I also seen theyre both playing Pops in Sauget, Illinois on April 6th. So ill for sure go to that one too. Really doubted I'd ever se AM!, now I'll see them twice within a couple weeks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •