Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wade Redden

vCash

Wade Redden

He was just bought out by the Rags...

His best years were with Chara and I was wonder what you guys thinking of bringing him in on a very cheap contract? Low risk - high reward....it's PCs calling card!

Bruins>Habs put it best :

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650067

from this, here are the defense men that were in camp:

Today, roster moves were made...Spooner, Bartkowski, and Johnson were sent down. So that leaves the d-core as:

Chara
    Seidenberg
    McQuaid
    Ference
    Hamilton
    Warsofsky

So does this mean the 7th spot goes to Warsofsky? Or is a move (Redden) going to be made

Obviously, guys like Krug, and Exelby are also in the minors so they could just be called up...but until then, there is a chance Redden might be brought in due to the roster moves made today, who knows, but i feel he would be the perfect 7th d-man...Trying to prove he can still play, veteran, can spell Hamilton, knows Chara, Kelly, and PC...it looks perfect, and for 1-2 million, hell yeah. he's a better option than Johnson, Krug, Warsofsky, Bartkowski, and Exelby...either way, hope we hear something soon
    Last edited by Booba1019; 01-17-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Booba Fett is back baby.

vCash
    With the mileage on him I think the rewards mediocre at this point but he's better than Johnson, Mottau, and probably even Zanon would have been. 1m, sure. I bet he'd love to share a locker room with Chara and Kelly again

vCash

Matt Bartkowski, Johnny Boychuk, Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference, Dougie Hamilton, Aaron Johnson, Adam McQuaid, Dennis Seidenberg, David Warsofsky
    Today, roster moves were made...Spooner, Bartkowski, and Johnson were sent down. So that leaves the d-core as:

Chara
    Seidenberg
    McQuaid
    Ference
    Hamilton
    Warsofsky

So does this mean the 7th spot goes to Warsofsky? Or is a move (Redden) going to be made

Obviously, guys like Krug, and Exelby are also in the minors so they could just be called up...but until then, there is a chance Redden might be brought in due to the roster moves made today, who knows, but i feel he would be the perfect 7th d-man...Trying to prove he can still play, veteran, can spell Hamilton, knows Chara, Kelly, and PC...it looks perfect, and for 1-2 million, hell yeah. he's a better option than Johnson, Krug, Warsofsky, Bartkowski, and Exelby...either way, hope we hear something soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post

Chara
    Seidenberg
    McQuaid
    Ference
    Hamilton
    Warsofsky

You made my point better than I did....mind if I quote this to the thread starter?

Booba Fett is back baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Booba1019 View Post
    You made my point better than I did....mind if I quote this to the thread starter?
    I don't mind, if that's what you were trying to say, then go for it!

vCash
    I wouldn't mind this move. He was a good puck moving defenseman in his prime.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    people are gonna laugh but i would pick up Redden. I have seen a lot of Hartford Whale games and Redden looked good. If he is only going to cost 1 mil then making a play for him is a no brainer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    people are gonna laugh but i would pick up Redden. I have seen a lot of Hartford Whale games and Redden looked good. If he is only going to cost 1 mil then making a play for him is a no brainer
    ...... i'm just kidding, no one should laugh you for agreeing the B's should look at/pickup Redden.

Its good to hear he's looked good for CT though.

vCash
    writer for the NY Post tweeted this a couple days ago:

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
    Told that Bos, Tor, Fla, Ott have expressed at least preliminary interest in Redden...

vCash
    IMO tho only thing that would prevent Redden from coming to Boston is $ or playing time. I think the Ott ship has sailed, too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    IMO tho only thing that would prevent Redden from coming to Boston is $ or playing time. I think the Ott ship has sailed, too
    Ott ship??

vCash
    As in I don't see him going back to the Sens

vCash
    Read from McKenzie that the best situation for Redden would be a low pressure environment. We can provide that hear if he wants to hop on as a 7th defensemen.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    As in I don't see him going back to the Sens
    I thought you were talking about steve Ott...i was confused as hell....

EDIT: i looked at the tweet i posted, and he said OTT was showing interest...my fault

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Read from McKenzie that the best situation for Redden would be a low pressure environment. We can provide that hear if he wants to hop on as a 7th defensemen.
    and there is no doubt he'll get a chance to play...He'll spell Dougie whenever needed, and with the condensed season we know guys will get hurt or need a rest...i think we are the perfect team for him, he knows guys on the team and we offer a great situation for him here...

EKLUND:
    Also I am hearing that Redden will almost certainly find a new home. So far I have heard the Kings, Leafs, Isles, Bolts, Sharks, Flyers, and Red Wings are all considering a shot at Redden
    Well, we know he won't be going to any of these teams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast