Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jays closer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    6years/$30 million with a closers high 90's heat and wipeout slider says to me its Santos' job to lose in the Spring.
    With the reduced workload last spring and his going down with shoulder problems almost right away last season makes me believe he was never quite right then.
    Too many people wrote/write him off for his handful of appearances last season.

If it turns out Janssen is the better choice and contributes better to this teams success then I am good with that too.
    Huh?

vCash
    Unless I recall incorrectly he didn't pitch much at all last the spring. Solely off memory but I don't think I am wrong. Have no recollection of any mention of arm troubles, but I don't think he pitched much... In games at least.

**edit**. A quick google search, I found this in and MLB.com article from last April:

"Santos was limited to just five games in the Grapefruit League season this spring, as the club wanted to spend extra time working on his changeup and where he held his hands in the delivery."

Maybe that's all it was, but BJ Ryan had TJ surgery a few years ago resulting from a sore back in spring, lol
    Last edited by Shifty1 69; 01-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    Santos could be hit or miss. It's a shoulder injury. As bad as it gets for a pitcher

vCash
    its between a guy who had a near lights out year vs a guy coming off surgery and missing a year of action, come on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    Unless I recall incorrectly he didn't pitch much at all last the spring. Solely off memory but I don't think I am wrong. Have no recollection of any mention of arm troubles, but I don't think he pitched much... In games at least.

**edit**. A quick google search, I found this in and MLB.com article from last April:

"Santos was limited to just five games in the Grapefruit League season this spring, as the club wanted to spend extra time working on his changeup and where he held his hands in the delivery."

Maybe that's all it was, but BJ Ryan had TJ surgery a few years ago resulting from a sore back in spring, lol
    I'm not saying you're wrong about the time he got in ST. I'm just curious as to how a lighter workload would cause him to get hurt?

vCash
    delabar and santos to set up....jannsen will close......at times santos and delabar will also close a few games

vCash
    If Jansen starts pitching bad I hope they move him out of the closers spot fast instead of the whole CoCo thing they did last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    its between a guy who had a near lights out year vs a guy coming off surgery and missing a year of action, come on
    You all remember that Janssen had shoulder surgery in November, right? Obviously not nearly as serious as TJ or anything, but there are still a ton of questions up and down this bullpen. Darren Oliver honestly feels like the only safe bet right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong about the time he got in ST. I'm just curious as to how a lighter workload would cause him to get hurt?
    Less time for the shoulder to get limbered up before in-season action

vCash
    Janssen's job to lose. Santos will be slowly brought along and might take over at the mid point if Janssen falters. Regardless the bullpen has a chance to be one of our best in years with our starters vastly improved. Our bullpen will not be taxed so much if our starters perform like whats expected of them. I just hope JJ and Morrow stay healthy and Romero bounces back. If that happens we have a chance to really put together a great season.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

vCash
    i'm sure AA is more concerned about winning the world series than winning the santos trade
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    i'm sure AA is more concerned about winning the world series than winning the santos trade
    Especially considering all we gave up was Nestor Molina who hasn't exactly been setting the minors on fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Was just saying that it was possible something wasnt right with him and his shoulder throughout ST and into the beginning of the season. Didnt seem right the first few appearances and was then promptly shut down for the season. Not saying I thought the lighter workload hurt him, moreso he had a lighter workload because maybe he wasnt feeling right? All speculation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    delabar and santos to set up....jannsen will close......at times santos and delabar will also close a few games
    Oliver will strongly be in the 8th inning mix.
    I remember last spring the Jays saying they did not want to show Santos against certain teams which is why the low work load. In hindsight he was experiencing shoulder troubles
    The Jays are strong at the back end and Jannsen will be our closer again. NO worries!!

vCash
    i want santos to start just so they can play this song with his name swapped in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmE5yejBsfc
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast