Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jays closer

vCash

Jays closer

Who do you want to close games for the Blue Jays and who do you think will close? Santos or Janssen ?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    It's Janssen right now, unless he falters in ST, or during the season
    If he falters, it would be Santos, unless he falters in ST, or during the season
    If he falters, it would be....

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Janssen. He's done nothing to lose the job and who knows how Santos' arm actually responds. Feeling good and pitching well don't always go hand-in-hand.

vCash
    Anthopoulos' comments a couple of weeks ago suggested that they will be competing for the job and that neither currently has it. It sounded as though he wanted Santos to get a shot at being the closer.

vCash
    It should be Janssen. Dude has been lights out the past 2 seasons...

vCash
    Janssen's job to lose imo.

vCash
    The jays traded to get Santos. Seems like they would want to get something for their trade? Possible one could get traded? A couple of teams still looking for closers. The Tigers being one . They appear to be going into ST with a rookie as their closer. But until ST starts and both show the are healthy they are pretty much worthless.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    It should be Janssen but I have a hunch it won't be. Also keep in mind it's John Gibbons here so when Janssen has one bad game it will be Santos, then Lincoln, Delabar, Vernon Wells, Cecil etc

vCash
    It should be whoever sets the bullpen up for the Blue Jays to win the most games, not who 'earned it' last year. Don't really care who feels slighted. If he's healthy, I'll take Santos there and Janssen in the 7th/8th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It should be Janssen but I have a hunch it won't be. Also keep in mind it's John Gibbons here so when Janssen has one bad game it will be Santos, then Lincoln, Delabar, Vernon Wells, Cecil etc
    Vernon Wells....LMAO.... Miss him much do ya?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan55 View Post
    He just has a strong hatred of John Gibbons. He's been complaining since Anthopoulos hired him back.

vCash
    With Soriano signing in Wash. would do you guys think the odds would be of them trading Storen??? I'm not to sure of their system and what it could use or on the big club for that fact. thoughts

vCash
    6years/$30 million with a closers high 90's heat and wipeout slider says to me its Santos' job to lose in the Spring.
    With the reduced workload last spring and his going down with shoulder problems almost right away last season makes me believe he was never quite right then.
    Too many people wrote/write him off for his handful of appearances last season.

If it turns out Janssen is the better choice and contributes better to this teams success then I am good with that too.

vCash
    Also still complaining since Reeder left. Hey RJ3, you still bitter that Gibby was platooning your boy?? (rightfully so I must say).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan55 View Post
    No?

I was making a joke referring to how Gibby had him leading off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast