Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Andre Miller had 1 assist in his 25 minutes. He shot 8-10 though which is good. But for every Miller make he lets someone else score at the other end.
    The PGs on this team do not play like real point guards looking to quarterback an team offensive strategy in my opinion. You can throw the assist numbers out the window. They look for their own shots first and pass as a last resort often. The assist numbers will be there because they are a jump shooting team not because the PG are actually looking to set their teammates up the majority of the time. They can dribble and they have the ball in their hands a lot but I have seen 4 assist a game PG's that look to set up their teammates much more often. Al Iverson averaged over 6 assists a game because he had the ball in his hands so often. That is what I see from this teams PGs. I do not blame the players. It has to be the strategy if it keeps repeating itself so often. The strange thing is GK has drawn up well executed passing plays out of time outs. Why not do it more often?
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    The pg's in this team play like shooting guards, while they should be the most unselfish guys. I really believe that Denver needs a third pg to distribute the ball better. If Stone is not the one, then get one from a trade. Bledsoe for example would be a good addition for Denver.

I must also say I'm a little disappointed on McGee in that he hasnt found a consistent way to score. He struggles when he should be dominating. I see him moving way too much in the offensive end, and geting easily tired. As far i as i can remember i havent seen him pump-faking not even ONCE during the season. He gets the ball on the low post, he starting to postup, but he gets pushed by his opponent, and he ends up in the free throw line, making a fade-away 360 hook-shot... I mean, something has to change in his play.

Another thing that i would like to see is more players being added in the current rotation. Fournier and Hamilton could be used more. You cant rely on 8-9 players only throughout the season.
    Last edited by moonchild32; 01-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild32 View Post
    The pg's in this team play like shooting guards, while they should be the most unselfish guys. I really believe that Denver needs a third pg to distribute the ball better. If Stone is not the one, then get one from a trade. Bledsoe for example would be a good addition for Denver.

I must also say I'm a little disappointed on McGee in that he hasnt found a consistent way to score. He struggles when he should be dominating. I see him moving way too much in the offensive end, and geting easily tired. As far i as i can remember i havent seen him pump-faking not even ONCE during the season. He gets the ball on the low post, he starting to postup, but he gets pushed by his opponent, and he ends up in the free throw line, making a fade-away 360 hook-shot... I mean, something has to change in his play.

Another thing that i would like to see is more players being added in the current rotation. Fournier and Hamilton could be used more. You cant rely on 8-9 players only throughout the season.
    Patrick Ewing who averaged over 20ppg for his career stated that bigs are a dependent position. They have to depend on the smalls getting them the ball where they can score. What I think happens sometimes is some of the bigger guys touch the ball so infrequently in this offense that they sometimes end up taking some ill advised shots because they do not know when they will get the ball back. When was the last time that the Nuggets fed the post. The post man kicked the ball back, reset and then got the ball ball back again?

GK is a good coach but I do disagree with the playground style of strategy. Its run run run, jumpshot or layup. There is very little in between game. That is fine for the regular season but come playoffs when the defense tightens you need a more balanced team oriented offense in my opinion.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    I guess the wiz really are legit...they took the clippers, on a second night of a back to back, to the very end.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213