Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    So we ended the first half of the season 24-17 while playing the worst schedule in the NBA and people wanna fire Karl. Lack of perspective?

vCash
    George Karl has no fire left in him, if you watch the games, he doesn't really express much interest out there. Terrible rotations, 0 liability on the team unless he doesn't like you. I think its time for a change to be made.

vCash
    Lot's of blatant speculation.

vCash
    People are looking at our schedule and record and thinking we are doing fine for what we've been given, but what we need to look at is how this team is performing with the amount of talent they have

we still haven't had one game this season, win or lose, where we have played even close to 100%, even teams like the bobcats have had that, we have the talent required to compete with the top teams in the west but we just arent, i dont care whatsover if we win 50 games this season, if we arent a top 3 team we underperformed, plain and simple, and thats a result of coaching

"good enough" doesnt work if you want to contend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    People are looking at our schedule and record and thinking we are doing fine for what we've been given, but what we need to look at is how this team is performing with the amount of talent they have

we still haven't had one game this season, win or lose, where we have played even close to 100%, even teams like the bobcats have had that, we have the talent required to compete with the top teams in the west but we just arent, i dont care whatsover if we win 50 games this season, if we arent a top 3 team we underperformed, plain and simple, and thats a result of coaching

"good enough" doesnt work if you want to contend
    There is just so much wrong in that post. First of all, there isn't a single all-star on this team let alone a superstar. Tell me in which way does this team have more talent than OKC, LAC, SAS and MEM?

Heck teams that are below us have more talent than we do. eg. DAL, LAL

And I like how you put it all on coaching with no arguments made at all. Let's just take away all responsibility from this team that you cal "3rd place caliber". People need to stop thinking that this just some great team. Half of the NBA is shocked that Denver even has this record considering this schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    There is just so much wrong in that post. First of all, there isn't a single all-star on this team let alone a superstar. Tell me in which way does this team have more talent than OKC, LAC, SAS and MEM?

Heck teams that are below us have more talent than we do. eg. DAL, LAL

And I like how you put it all on coaching with no arguments made at all. Let's just take away all responsibility from this team that you cal "3rd place caliber". People need to stop thinking that this just some great team. Half of the NBA is shocked that Denver even has this record considering this schedule.
    under-performance and lack of national credibility does not reduce the TALENT on this team, im talking about potential and talent here, not performance, big difference, the players on this team are clearly inconsistent and being used improperly but the talent is undeniable, at their best Lawson and Gallo are top 5 players at their positions, Mcgee has the potential to be a top 5 center in this league, or at least top 10, Faried is a fantastic 4th/5th option on a contending team, miller is one of the top backup pgs in the league at his best, Iggy is a top 3 defender and top 5 pointforward when on his game, Kosta doesnt get credit cause hes not fancy but is actually incredibly athletic and one of the youngest players on this squad, only going to improve, chandler could be a 6th man of the year candidate healthy, throw in Jhams beautiful shot, Fourniers early impressment, and Stones lockdown defense and how is this team not as talented as the teams you mentioned?

OKC is the ONLY team in the western conference more talented than us, we are just constant underperformers with no leadership, no consistency, no drive, no coach

this team is a 6-8 seed team right now, but i have no doubt we have the potential to be contenders, we will never get there, but still, and if you want me to go into the specifics of karls coaching habits, i can EASILY go on for hours about what makes him terrible, but this is a sports forum and people hate long posts <-----irony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    under-performance and lack of national credibility does not reduce the TALENT on this team, im talking about potential and talent here, not performance, big difference, the players on this team are clearly inconsistent and being used improperly but the talent is undeniable, at their best Lawson and Gallo are top 5 players at their positions, Mcgee has the potential to be a top 5 center in this league, or at least top 10, Faried is a fantastic 4th/5th option on a contending team, miller is one of the top backup pgs in the league at his best, Iggy is a top 3 defender and top 5 pointforward when on his game, Kosta doesnt get credit cause hes not fancy but is actually incredibly athletic and one of the youngest players on this squad, only going to improve, chandler could be a 6th man of the year candidate healthy, throw in Jhams beautiful shot, Fourniers early impressment, and Stones lockdown defense and how is this team not as talented as the teams you mentioned?

OKC is the ONLY team in the western conference more talented than us, we are just constant underperformers with no leadership, no consistency, no drive, no coach

this team is a 6-8 seed team right now, but i have no doubt we have the potential to be contenders, we will never get there, but still, and if you want me to go into the specifics of karls coaching habits, i can EASILY go on for hours about what makes him terrible, but this is a sports forum and people hate long posts <-----irony
    I agree with this post. Good points

Karl apologists are getting old
    *Coach BShaw supporter*

vCash
    Wow that is some serious overestimation of talent. McGee top 5? Lawson top 5? People really have some skewed expectations here.

People are just going off on potential. Until Gallo and Lawson can start performing at 20 ppg and actually play decent defense, they are not top talent.

I love Faried, but he's a hustle guy. You can't run plays for him. He gets abused in the post on D. He can't step out and defend stretch 4's.

McGee is as inconsistent as they come. He just wants to be on a highlight reel. Whether its Sportscenter or shaqtin a fool.

Where are the consistent performers?

vCash
    Wow that is some serious overestimation of talent. McGee top 5? Lawson top 5? People really have some skewed expectations here.

People are just going off on potential. Until Gallo and Lawson can start performing at 20 ppg and actually play decent defense, they are not top talent.

I love Faried, but he's a hustle guy. You can't run plays for him. He gets abused in the post on D. He can't step out and defend stretch 4's.

McGee is as inconsistent as they come. He just wants to be on a highlight reel. Whether its Sportscenter or shaqtin a fool.

And you are seriously overestimating the talent of this coaching staff...
    *Coach BShaw supporter*

vCash
    For the record, I, and others, wanted Karl gone before this game so lets not try to say that because of this game he should be fired.

This game is just another example of how he and his team just don't learn from their mistakes. We're falling under the same pattern that we have been doing for years.

vCash
    Karl has all the pieces to mold HIS team. There are no excuses for him. No superstar drama..none of that. He *****es so much about stressing defense...yet his squad is still terrible at it. You have a young team that you can leave a stamp on with your identity...are the Nuggets really learning? Are we getting better at the fundamentals and defensively?

vCash

Im with you in basing our talent. Not with you in our coach. Im in the middle. Lawson isn't anywhere close to guys like Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Irving, Deron Williams or even Tony Parker. I don't see him cracking the top 5 cause they are soo good. Gallo has potential to be top 5 in the SF position. Actually he is on the fringe because the position is weak after Melo, James, and Durant. McGee has potential to be a defensive anchor.

Our coach just doesn't get anything out of the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulja389 View Post
    He put this loss on gallo and iggy and of course george karl
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulja389 View Post
    I retract my last statement. gallo didnt play to well vut he wasnt the reason we lost the game

Gallo deserves some blame for this loss but its not because he shot a poor percentage in my eyes. Its because either he or the team strategy is reducing him to be just an outside shooter. Gallo needs to get in that post against smaller guys and demand the ball from these point guards at times. The team should be practicing that. The jump shots are not always going to fall and while Gallo's slashing is good he also needs to mix in some post ups. When he posts up good things happen. He either makes the shot, gets fouled or makes a good pass. Also by staying outide so often his rebounding is down. On poor shooting nights I want to see Gallo rebound at least 7 balls and create at least 3 assists for others. Some of this is on Gallo. Some of this is on GK and the team strategy. I do not think the playground ball strategy is a way to win playoff games. This team is playing a doughnut strategy. Shots come from 25 feet outside or 25 inches inside. Get in the post. Create some double teams. Get some opposing big men in foul trouble. Too much one on one. Not enough well orchestrated preplanned team offense.

vCash
    The coach's voice then got stronger and he said: "The value of every possession with anger and intense commitment is the only way we're going to be a very good basketball team. If (the players) think that's not true, they are crazy."
    DP

These type of statements always get me confused. Who the hell do we blame? The players for not listening to their coach (cause this is what seems like is happening) or the coach not being able to get them to listen?

vCash
    Denver Nuggets ‏@denvernuggets
    #Nuggets coach G. Karl: "We’re not happy with how we played the last couple games, but we’re not far from making another step forward."
    What kind of step is he referring to?

G. Karl on #Nuggets defense: "The pick & roll defense, the rotation defense, the transition defense, none of it was good enough."
    Is it ever good enough? What's his definition of "good" defense?

#Nuggets coach George Karl: "The majority of our (recent) games have a similar personality & it slapped us and embarrassed us tonight."
    Oh good..so he noticed the complete crap that we have been playing at home recently...good thing he prepared for it....wait..

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast