Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What would happen?

If one of the players that runned succesfull franchises to multiple rings, ( Russell, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq,Duncan, Kobe.)

Was busted for having consistently used dope during their careers? ( yeah im thinking this because of Lance).

Should the rings be removed from their TEAMa?
    How much of a hit would their legacys get?

Would they be deleted from the story books and their awards and accolades be forfeited?

What do you think?

vCash
    WtF bOzer?!!?!

vCash
    No, they get a 10 day suspension.

vCash
    I think athletes should be allowed to dope. (within the bounds of safety and reason)

vCash
    doping wouldn't be the advantage in the nba that it is in a sport like cycling. sure doping would help but there are plenty of jacked basketball players who are no good. the skill level involved in basketball is much higher than in cycling, and the importance of strength in conditioning is just about everything in cycling. i wouldn't be surprised if it came out that Dwight Howard doped, but it just doesn't seem to make sense for basketball like it does for cycling.

vCash
    kobe?... and rose might have token a wonder drug.

lol
    Last edited by Dade County; 01-18-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    if u mean weed who gives a ****. if u me steroids than it completely takes away from it because it really does put you on a different level

vCash
    I don't care if athletes use PEDs as long as they aren't using ones that are against the law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    doping wouldn't be the advantage in the nba that it is in a sport like cycling. sure doping would help but there are plenty of jacked basketball players who are no good. the skill level involved in basketball is much higher than in cycling, and the importance of strength in conditioning is just about everything in cycling. i wouldn't be surprised if it came out that Dwight Howard doped, but it just doesn't seem to make sense for basketball like it does for cycling.
    you are very mistaken if you think it wouldn't serve a huge purpose in a sport like basketball. It would help a player for SEVERAL reasons and would aid a basketball player much more than a baseball player.

vCash
    Yea I think it helps baseball players more but thats the optimist inside of me
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Anybody read that interview on hoopshype about "Why NBA Players Don't Use PEDs"?. It's a terrible article.

You have to wonder about PED's in basketball. I'm sure we all believe they're used, but it kinda slides out of our minds.

vCash
    You do have to wonder though. These guys are freakishly athletic, plus a lot of them just don't get hurt. I don't want to give out names, but there are some players out there who's heads have exploded in size since coming into the league.

Like, Barry Bonds type of size increase. Anyways, I found this online. It pertains to doping in the NBA and an international anti-doping official's opinions: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ting-has-gaps/

They’ve got gaps in their program, between what they do and what we suggest would be better,” David Howman said…
    “They do not feel they have such an issue as the other major leagues and therefore haven’t addressed it in quite the same way,” Howman said. “I just think you’ve got to be very careful when you start saying performance-enhancing drugs are not beneficial in any sport, because you’re going to be proven wrong. And you’ll be proven wrong when you’re not expecting it.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    You do have to wonder though. These guys are freakishly athletic, plus a lot of them just don't get hurt. I don't want to give out names, but there are some players out there who's heads have exploded in size since coming into the league.

Like, Barry Bonds type of size increase. Anyways, I found this online. It pertains to doping in the NBA and an international anti-doping official's opinions: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ting-has-gaps/
    What do you mean in size? Steroids don't make anyone grow taller. Actually shorter for that matter. Some are built big though. I just think he would be easy to see who uses them. Sports such as Football and Baseball can be different with the impacts of Steroids, their careers are stronger for longer cause of the fact its a different push of the body. But the thing is in basketball the stress on tendons as it is is enormous. More than any other sport and the PEDs just make those tendons even weaker. I think you would see a smaller career in basketball with them. Im sure they are used though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I think athletes should be allowed to dope. (within the bounds of safety and reason)
    you cant be serious?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I don't see PEDs being much use to NBA players. A lot of the things Lance did was geared toward long endurance, like the blood. Also, the NBA is very good about testing. They show up whenever they want without warning. I remember reading an article about it once where Mourning said he was in Africa with a couple other players in the off-season doing some charity work (putting up a school or something) and the NBA sent a rep out there to test one of the guys he was with.

I think considering the nature of the NBA (and I may be wrong here because I don't know a lot about PEDs), doesn't allow much room for improvement with PEDs. Like, take a guy like Kobe or D-Rose, or Wade. Are their games going to be improved if they use PEDs? I don't think so. Gaining muscle mass won't help them they way it would help a short distance runner like Ben Johnson. And guys who use PEDs are generally injury prone as well.

I could see some post players benefiting. If they are stronger and bigger they could muscle their way in the post better.

That said, I'm confident that the NBA regulates this very well and that there is very little use of PEDs in the NBA. I mean, they NBA has suspended so many players for infractions on various drugs (I think, and I may be remembering wrong here, that Webber and Robert Parish both got suspended for testing positive for pot at one point during their careers). The NBA is not like MLB. In the MLB the union had a strangle hold over the owners and it was the union that put such strong restrictions on testing (players were given two week advance notice and such), and owners were at a disadvantage, and the home-run races were good for ratings and revenue, so they just let is slide. I mean, in baseball people watch it to see home runs. In the NBA you watch to see guys who dunk and block and shoot the lights out. Those are are skill based things (you need to create for yourself to get to the basket, you need to be able to shoot, you need to be able to time your blocks and steals). So much of the NBA is about skill.

that said, if a player did get caught using after his career was over and he had won several titles, I'd assume the team accomplishments would be left as they were, but individual achievements would be revoked. Then the question is: who gets them in place of that?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast