Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Mike James gets about 50% of the blame for the ending to that game. Other 50% goes to Rick Carlisle for not having Collison who had just 1 turnover in the game over James
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Mike James gets about 50% of the blame for the ending to that game. Other 50% goes to Rick Carlisle for not having Collison who had just 1 turnover in the game over James
    You can't blame Rick, he bought into the hype of MJ. Mike James gets 100% of the blame. The other MJ would of wante 100% of the blame.. We gotta hold people accountable!

On a serious note tho, Collison should of played in OT, I hate how Rick just gives Veteran players like Mike James minutes they've never earned just because they're vets.. Collison has been playing good. He's earned his minutes.

vCash
    Here's my beef...Collison played 30 of 53 minutes. Which, he clearly deserved more. James played over 22 minutes! Like, the guy couldn't guard me in a pick up game...let alone NBA players. On top of that...why was Marion only barely on Durant. Instead, most of the night we saw Durant abusing Carter and friends. I'm not saying Marion holds Durant to 20. But ****, I'd much rather take my chances with Marion on Durant than the other people I saw trying to guard him most of the night.

On the positive side...loved the fight. The crowd was really feeling it tonight. We were standing for like the last 30 actual minutes of the game (so like 12 minutes or so of game time). Dirk and Brand were awful for three quarters, if Dirk's shot had been going, we might have blown them out (that's a positive because Dirk isn't likely to no show for 3/4ths of a game again). And OJ Mayo...man, he came up huge with that 3. Also, props to Vince. This was his night. When he got that pass for the open three and drove for the dunk...it was so beautiful.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Also, I try my best not to bring refs in to it...but it's hard to ignore that awful clear path call (Collison was CLEARLY in front of Durant). And I disagreed with the flagrant on Brand too...Ibaka landed awkward, but I didn't see anything over the top in the foul, it's the dangers of being a high flying athlete. Not to mention, there were at least two foul calls for Durant tonight that they replayed where Durant literally went untouched and got a foul. Where Dirk had a couple that looked like they should have had free throws coming. I try to be calm with refs and realize they'll make mistakes...but the first two I mentioned they reviewed! The worst part of the NBA is their officiating and in close games, it's just so frustrating.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyTyrael View Post
    i'm stayind tuned for you. stay healthy. good flight.
    I almost threw up! Lol

Man, I can't believe we lost... I went straight to nba.com after iI got home to watch the highliht because I was thinking we won... ****!

I am not one of many who complain about Carlisle a lot because I really didin't buy into Roddy's hype but he needs to learn to trust younger guys... Why the hell are we bringing in players like James and Fisher anyway!

vCash
    wow missed this game as well. Really sucks Mavs lost, and in OT as usual..

so i've missed the game vs Washington and Sacramento.. I know we lost tonight but so far were 2-3 when I don't watch and Carter averaging 25 ppg..

Also I watched the highlights, Brand should have passed it back on the inbound right away.. don't know why he hesitated that led to a tough final shot in ot

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    just saw MJ's last shot.. yikes haha. Oh well he really has been pretty decent.

doesn't matter if it's Carter or anyone but if it's 10-17 that means whoever didn't get enough shots. Should be getting 20 shots that game for best chance to win if someones on..Take advantage of whosever on their scoring that night. That's the point of having them..

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...

vCash
    Marion's D on Durant is not as tight as it used to be. Marion used to be all in his grill but its ok on to the next one
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    because he's getting older. Losing mobility quickness imo. Looks 5-10 pounds bigger from couple years ago

vCash
    On top of Marion's declining athleticism...Durant has notably gotten stronger. Watching him last night, I saw him out muscling guys that in the past would have won with ease.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    thats true. Durant does seem a bit stronger and better at dribbling as well.

not fair really. Im a sucker for flash, which is the only reason I don't deem Durant the best scorer I've seen

Always loved watching AI, Tmac, Carter, Jordan, Kobe go to work offensively in my time. But Durant might be better because of his ridiculous length and shooting

vCash
    Yea and he's learn how to use his length even better
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    Honestly, Durant's stroke is the smoothest I've ever seen. It's so fluid and perfect. But he is definitely closer to Dirk/Duncan than he is to Lebron in terms of his showboating. He's slightly more flashy than those two, but definitely not a walking highlight reel.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    ya it's crazy how it's always the same. It's like a video game how his fade is always the same his shot is always the same. Havn't seen many scorers be able to maintain his level of focus on making his shot the same everytime.

vCash
    Now that I am somewhat removed from such a tough loss... I want to be optimistic about that game.

Durant was served on a platter 21 of his 52 points. If the NBA what to give him an MVP honor from the charity stripe... that is their prerogative.

Makes me sick how many times he went to the line... Totally messes up any type of flow in a Bball game!!!!

For as inconsistent as Dirk is still playing... we hung in there, and played to the best of our ability the other night. We could have easily been steamrolled, since they have the best record in the league, but we showed up and battled the whole game.

I look forward to a win tonight in Orlando!!! Hope some of my family there is going!!!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!

MAVSMAN!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast