Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Coach Jackson: "Not Sure When Curry Will Play"

OAKLAND – Officially, Stephen Curry did not take part in Thursday’s Warriors practice. But he was at the team’s facility in sweatpants and while he was not walking with a noticeable limp, his shot was clearly off.

After practice ended and coach Mark Jackson and guard Jarrett Jack were made available to the media, Curry launched a handful of shots from three-point range. He was clearly being gentle on his sprained right ankle as he didn’t get his normal lift-off on his jump shot. The result was a lot more shots hitting iron than net.

“Still getting treatment and still day-to-day,” Jackson said. “He’ll travel but not sure when he’ll play.”

Curry was also dealing with a knee issue after colliding with the Nuggets’ Kosta Koufos Sunday in Denver, but Jackson said that’s no longer a concern.

“As far as I know, there’s no problem with the knee.”

While that’s a relief for Jackson, the sprain is especially worrisome considering Curry has had surgery on his right ankle in each of the last two offseasons. Both Jackson and Jack used the word ‘freak’ to describe Curry’s injury, which he sustained during Wednesday’s shootaround.

“What took place was a long rebound,” Jackson said. “We have a drill where we chase down rebounds and it was a freak play. Nothing you can do about that.”

With Jackson lacking the services of Curry for an indefinite period of time, Jack, who has provided the Warriors with valuable veteran leadership off the bench in his first season with Golden State, has been thrust into a starting role.

“We brought Jack in here for a reason,” Jackson said. “We’re very confident and comfortable with the ball in his hands and his ability to run this basketball team. Obviously, Steph Curry is a different animal and we need him, and certainly miss him, but Jack is more than capable.”

Jack said he’s not looking to do what Curry did for the Warriors. Instead, he will just continue to play his own style of basketball.

“I think we have two totally different types of games,” Jack said. “I just try and come in, try to set the table, run the show. Steph brings a tremendous dynamic with the way he’s able to shoot the ball and stretch the defense. I’m more of a penetrating guy that can get into the lane. I’m not so much trying to fill his shoes, just trying to play my game and hopefully put us in positions that we can be successful.”

Jack led the Warriors with 16 points in the 92-75 loss to Miami, but also turned the ball over a game-high five times. He blamed it on a lack of focus.

“I got to do a better job of taking care of the basketball,” Jack said. “It tends to start with the point guard. If I’m loose with the ball, then it’s like a domino effect. So if I want us to have a legitimate shot of winning, especially on the road, then I gotta do a better job of taking care of the ball myself, and I think everybody else will follow suit.”

Jackson defended Jack by saying that the turnover issue is team-wide, not individual.

“At the end of the day, with Steph we had been turning the ball over,” Jackson said. “So we just gotta be a little bit smarter, a little bit more careful with handling the basketball and not giving the opposing team extra possessions.”

The Warriors can’t afford to give extra possessions to their next two opponents, the Southwest Division-leading Spurs, a team they haven’t beat since 2008, or the New Orleans Hornets, who have won six of their last seven contests.

“We’re playing against a very good San Antonio Spurs team and a red-hot New Orleans Hornets team so some tough games ahead of us,” Jackson said. “Bottom line is we’ve got to find a way to bounce back from last night.”

Curry’s injury is the latest concern for the Warriors, but center Andrew Bogut continues to deal with his own ankle injury and Jackson is still not ready to provide any estimate on a potential return.

“No timeline as far as Bogut’s concerned,” Jackson said. “We’ll see when he suits up, but no timeline at all. All honesty, he’s going to continue to rehab and continue to progress towards getting on the floor. We’re playing it by ear and being very, very patient.”
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/j...eturn-warriors

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    were screwed.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    With Jack saying hes a penetrator, which is way different than Steph's style of shooting..I'm not sure WestCoastSportz thread about Jack being a chucker is entirely true...

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Wens Bogut coming back?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    idkkkkkkkk

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    We're not screwed, we just need to at least play .500 basketball this month.

vCash
    team glass ankles prevails..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    So: "Curry out indefinitely" - AKA 2-3 months if we are going with the same prognosis as the already problematic ankle of Andrew Bogut. His 10-day timeline has already ballooned into 2, going on 3, months by now with his "indefinite timeline". GREAT, WE'RE ****ED! this year! Might as well start breaking out the milking/tanking threads and praying to the NBA Gods for us to retain our pick (top 6 protected) and screw Utah over once more, LOL!!!
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-17-2013 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    No

Edit: to mackshock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWJunkie View Post
    So: "Curry out indefinitely" - AKA 2-3 months if we are going with the same prognosis as the already problematic ankle of Andrew Bogut. His 10-day timeline has already ballooned into 2, going on 3, months by now with his "indefinite timeline". GREAT, WE'RE ****ED! this year! Might as well start breaking out the milking/tanking threads and start praying to the NBA Gods that we retain our pick (top 6 protected) and screw Utah over once more, LOL!!!
    lol are you serious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    lol are you serious?
    If what we are seeing with the "indefinite" timeline holds true to Curry like it has already with Bogut, then yes I'm dead serious. They keep saying "it's just a sprain", a "freak accident", yet it looks like he won't play against the Spurs (in all honesty, the Warriors should just forfeit that game w/o Curry anyway. Otherwise, it will just be another embarrassing decrapitation of our team. They might as well save themselves from the ridicule to keep a small shred of their confidence). Because once their confidence is gone or waning, it will get real ugly. I'm going to Pray hard and hope Curry makes a rapid recovery and that Bogut gets back ASAP! Without those guys we are basically "up the creek" without a paddle.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    i didnt mean we were screwed literally..but i dont know how many games we can win without our star point guard..but hey, weve overachieved by winning without bogut...i dont know if lacob got Ezeli as an insurance policy for Bogut..which is looking real smart right now...and looks like he got an insurance policy on Curry too..and thats Jack..so kudos to Lacob on those draft/acquisitions..though I still think hes hiding things.

I trust Jenkins as backup point guard..but I'd rather see jarrett jack do double duty first.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    jack is not a good replacement for curry as a starter. did anyone see the game last night? theres a reason new orleans was bad enough to win the lotto with jack as their starting floor general
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    with curry out, i dont see bogut being motivated to come back, he might just wait till next yr and tank another one. last nights game like tanking considering they beat that same team in miami a month ago and that team couldnt even beat utah.... who the warriors are better than.... when the warriors WANT TO WIN
    A role model if I ever knew one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast