Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    “[The Nationals] are in a slightly different position from ours. I’ve been in that position before. They’re filling a niche. They’re not reconstructing, they’re not having to add major pieces. They’re fine tuning. We need to be in a position where we are fine tuning. We will get there. But we are not in the fine tuning business right now.”
    — Sandy Alderson, speaking to Mike Francesa of WFAN on Thursday January 16, 2013

This says it all for me. We must be patient......but for how much longer? It's going on year 26 since we won the big one.

Anyway, I bid everyone a pleasant evening and good night's sleep.

I'm going to watch some of our minor leaguers practice in my sig a bit and them I'm going

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk.......

vCash
    1. It's incomplete because you won't do anything, it'll stay incomplete while ever everyone is too expensive or wants either more than 1 year, or heaven forbid a MLB contract.

2. Ok. Nothing new here.

3. Talk up that trash Sandy.

4. It's about money, stop lying.

5. Yap yap yap.

6. ok

7. ok

8. Yap yap yap

9. You've done nothing to help the BP at all.

10. Stop talking, do something.

11. We'll never get to fine tuning at this rate. The progress being made is far too slow.

12. ok

13. okj

14. ok

15. Get excited? **** me. I can't wait to win 70 games again, while you yap about the deadline for 3-4 months, and then do nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Depressing. I can't sum it up better than that. 3rd year and this is where we are. "Uneasy" at bullpen. "What outfield?", "I can't promise anything", terrible pitch to get Mets fan "excited", etc.

Well Mr. Alderson, I "can't promise" I'll be buying a single ticket this season.

I thought Mike was too easy on him, to be honest. If he still refuses to sign an MLB free agent, then we'll see how the interview goes before spring training.

He's just so full of ****. I can't believe people actually believe what he says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Well a second rounder in the new CBA is better than it was in the past since the supplemental round is significantly reduced. I don't expect the Mets to go crazy with FA signings next year though, because there are nice players in 2015 too. Chase Headley comes to mind.

On to 2015 already?

vCash
    So basically Sandy, when the season ended six months ago the Mets had two gaping chasms on the team, the OF and the BP, and it's now January 18th and you have not lifted a finger to fix either.

A damning indictment.

vCash
    I have to say it sums up what's been going nicely. I am not expecting true transparency, but his comments about Washington's moves is exactly what I have been trying to say for a long time. The Mets are in rebuilding mode (he actually uses the word reconstruction) and are not ready to be filling needs like that yet. I also enjoyed one of the last things he stated, as far as making the fans happy. He did everything but say, he's not making moves for the sake of making the fans happy...he's trying to rebuild the team. lol.

As long as we as fans do not have psychotic visions of grandeur...this year should be interesting.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-18-2013 at 05:41 AM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    “[The Nationals] are in a slightly different position from ours. I’ve been in that position before. They’re filling a niche. They’re not reconstructing, they’re not having to add major pieces. They’re fine tuning. We need to be in a position where we are fine tuning. We will get there. But we are not in the fine tuning business right now.”
    — Sandy Alderson, speaking to Mike Francesa of WFAN on Thursday January 16, 2013

This says it all for me. We must be patient......but for how much longer? It's going on year 26 since we won the big one.

Anyway, I bid everyone a pleasant evening and good night's sleep.

I'm going to watch some of our minor leaguers practice in my sig a bit and them I'm going

This is where we as fans get it wrong. Yes losing sucks, and it has been awhile since the Mets raised a WS trophy. But the moment this team started rebuilding (the trade of Beltran)...is the moment we needed the patience. If the FO was still piecemealing the roster together with veterans and names...you'd have a point. But for the first time since their birth, this is a new direction. One that requires a number of seasons to build through. So while it has been hard to wait since 1986. This attempt at building a contender only began since 2010.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So basically Sandy, when the season ended six months ago the Mets had two gaping chasms on the team, the OF and the BP, and it's now January 18th and you have not lifted a finger to fix either.

A damning indictment.

Of course he's full of crap. But you know...for someone who claims that SA "yap's" too much...you sure hang on every word. lol.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I wonder what the current Mets' OFers think after hearing the boss say that there is a need at every OF position.
    They don't feel complacent.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    This is where we as fans get it wrong. Yes losing sucks, and it has been awhile since the Mets raised a WS trophy. But the moment this team started rebuilding (the trade of Beltran)...is the moment we needed the patience.
    Sounds like you get it right.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    He's just so full of ****. I can't believe people actually believe what he says.
    Refute his points. How are they not honest?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Sandy kept reiterating that there's 3 weeks before ST to make moves so something tells me he'll make a few moves for major league players.
    You are assuming too much.

The cynic in me says he is blowing smoke up our collective arses because he's likely been fielding questions like these since he walked into NY.

The fan in me says he likely has a plan on who he wants, but that cynic comes back with he doesn't have the leverage nor the means to get them right right now.

We already know he was looking at Upton and Wilson. So right there...we see he does look at MLB players. But we also know that any deal for Upton starts with Wheeler. (That was his first acquisition...highly unlikely he unloads him at all). So without Wheeler, there is no means of acquiring Upton (yet). As for Wilson, the injury is a concern long term (money/length of contract)...just like it was a concern to the Giants as well. It's clear teams want him. But what is cloudy is his long term health combined with his refusal to accept a minor league deal.

As for his comment about making moves in the next 3 weeks or so. That cynic in me stands up once more. Don't expect name players here. He's likely referring to 1 SP, some bullpen names, and maybe another like Cowgill. Nothing big, nothing earth-shattering. Don't expect. If you believe what he's saying go re-read the Washington comments.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Of course he's full of crap. But you know...for someone who claims that SA "yap's" too much...you sure hang on every word. lol.
    I don't hang on his every word, but I can see thru his nonsense, and far more importantly I can see that for all his talk he has not improved the team 1 iota.

Six months, two absolutely gaping chasms on the team, not a scrap of help for either.

vCash
    The outfield is not a strength at this point…there’s a need for an upgrade at every one of those positions.

And yet, he's done nothing except whine about prices. He says there's money to spend, currently Mets payroll stands at $59M, so where's the money?

What is he expecting, that 5-6 players will all call him up and say 'Hi Sandy, i'll come and play for you and all I want is a very cheap 1 year deal'

3 years in and currently a payroll drop from a high point of $142M down to today's figure of $59M, and he still can't make moves? he's either totally out of touch with what baseball players cost, or he's flat-out lying about spending.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 01-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast