Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good read, I am comfortable with our direction and Sandy at the helm.

My gut says that TDA comes up in late-April/early May given these comments, while Wheeler takes a Harvey-type path.

vCash
    Brandon Webb is my guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    "I know you're homely honey, but you're better than nothing." Try that line and see how far you get.

Of course they know it, but they don't need to hear it from the GM. He could have worded it differently.
    I don't believe the two scenarios are comparable, but again, whatever. I like Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Mike Baxter and Lucas Duda as people. They all seem like nice guys. But if they decide to start a mutiny based on these comments then they can go screw themselves. They are all 4th outfielders. I'm not even sure Duda is an outfielder for that matter. They need to just shut up and accept that or to perform better. As it stands, they are far too easy to replace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Good read, I am comfortable with our direction and Sandy at the helm.
    Why? Because he's tanking it for the 1st pick in 2014?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Why? Because he's tanking it for the 1st pick in 2014?
    We're not that bad. We might make the Top 5 at worst.

Sandy has a vision for the future, and I'm sure he would like a Top 10 protected pick for 2014.

vCash
    Yeah a top 10 protected pick obviously allows them to sign whoever they want in FA next offseason without the worry of losing it and hindering future development.

I don't care about losing a second rounder so much.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-18-2013 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Well a second rounder in the new CBA is better than it was in the past since the supplemental round is significantly reduced. I don't expect the Mets to go crazy with FA signings next year though, because there are nice players in 2015 too. Chase Headley comes to mind.

vCash
    Well a second rounder in the new CBA is better than it was in the past since the supplemental round is significantly reduced. I don't expect the Mets to go crazy with FA signings next year though, because there are nice players in 2015 too. Chase Headley comes to mind.
    True but if they have intentions on signing an Aaron Hill or a healthy Ellsbury i won't mind losing that pick..

vCash
    Won't SD extend Headley?

vCash
    I like the frankness of this interview. Sandy is blunt, to the point, and seems to know what needs to be done.

vCash
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...e-francesa-1/#

If anyone wants to listen to the whole interview...

vCash
    Won't SD extend Headley?
    Did they extend A-Gon? If Headley has another great year in Petco he's pricng himself out of their range.

vCash
    OK Sandy gets all this credit for trading away our best pieces because ownership is broke. Fine.

But we have nothing left to trade now. Santana might fetch a mediocre prospect but that's the last piece he has to deal.

So with no money, what will he do now?

I give credit to the man for getting best possible value out of Dickey. But now that he has destroyed Minaya's club, what now? He has no more tools left to improve the team.

vCash
    OK Sandy gets all this credit for trading away our best pieces because ownership is broke. Fine.

But we have nothing left to trade now. Santana might fetch a mediocre prospect but that's the last piece he has to deal.

So with no money, what will he do now?
    They either do the really unpopular thing of building through the draft over the next several years or they keep a representable payroll in 2014 and going forward.

They have 35-40 million dollars guaranteed in the whole roster in 2014, it's really hard to fathom it would stay like that and continue to stay like that years after.

vCash
    Sandy kept reiterating that there's 3 weeks before ST to make moves so something tells me he'll make a few moves for major league players.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast