Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    So Malkin and Neal are top 5 in goals and Crosby leads the league in points.

Jesus Pitt's offense is going to be great according to you
    Yes and naturally the team will save money on flights for out of town games because they will all ride unicorns along a big rainbow to get to the rink.

vCash
    1, Why? I don't really get why he's a guy who can't take pressure.
    2, Sure if he's healthy thats possible except if:
    3, Crosby can't win the Hart if Ovechkin scoes 40 in 48 games.That would be one of the greatest goal scoring seasons of all time (especialyl considering the era's context) He would undoubtedly win the Hart Trophy barring Crosby scores at 2 points per game.
    8, This doesn't make any real sense. Its pretty much the opposite of what Fleury does.
    9, You do realize had 76 points the year before?
    10, Tavares is a household name unless your not a hockey household.
    1. He has always played in a small-market area. How do you know that the screaming of 15000+ fans a night (don't know the exact number) that will call for his head if he doesn't perform wouldn't bug him?
    8. It's called a bold prediction. It's meant to be a little different. It's entirely possible that he has high stats and lower games, because Vokoun is there
    9. Wow, 76 points. I see him as becoming more like Toews, doesn't score a ton, but is solid at both ends of the ice and becomes a fantastic leader
    10. I meant that as in he would be a top-5 scorer this year.

And on Ovechkin, that would be like 68 goals in a season. He has scored 65 before. It isn't too far-fetched. Also, if he gets 40 goals and 10 assists, while Crosby gets 30 goals and 35 assists (just numbers, not saying that is what will happen), Sid would win the Hart.

I didn't know people actually took these things seriously. It's a fun prediction, don't get all bent out of shape over them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    -St. Louis/New York Rangers finals with the Blues winning in 7.

-The Leafs sit in 30th place with 7 games left in the season and go on a 7-0 run pushing them out of the running for a top 5 pick.

-Malkin runs over everybody en route to his 2nd Hart and Art Ross in as many seasons.

You forget the part where he leads his team to their 2nd first round playoff exit in as many years.

vCash
    So Malkin and Neal are top 5 in goals and Crosby leads the league in points.

Jesus Pitt's offense is going to be great according to you
    You mean the #1 ranked offense last year won't be able to score with 2 40 goal scorers from last year and the best offensive player in the game? What was he thinking

They did 2/3 of that last year, without Crosby for most of it. That's probably the safest thing to bet on, the Pens O being deadly.

vCash
    Detroit and Nashville miss the playoffs.
    Dallas wins the West behind a healthy Lehtonen
    Luongo does not get traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    You mean the #1 ranked offense last year won't be able to score with 2 40 goal scorers from last year and the best offensive player in the game? What was he thinking

They did 2/3 of that last year, without Crosby for most of it. That's probably the safest thing to bet on, the Pens O being deadly.
    So its reasonable to believe that Giroux who finished 3rd in points in the NHL and in the Pittsburgh playoff series matched Crosby and Malkin combined for goals and was 2 points shy of matching them for points was a fluke and will regress, but unreasonable to believe that James Neal is not a perennial top 5 goal scorer?

Take off the homer goggles my friend. Pittsburghs offence will be good but not that good

vCash
    Pittsburgh's offense is the best in the league.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    1. He has always played in a small-market area. How do you know that the screaming of 15000+ fans a night (don't know the exact number) that will call for his head if he doesn't perform wouldn't bug him?
    This is a common refrain but I can't really think of any examples. It didnt happen to Brad Richards (he just got older) or Marian Gaborik.

8. It's called a bold prediction. It's meant to be a little different. It's entirely possible that he has high stats and lower games, because Vokoun is there
    Vokoun is a decent point about lower starts (though he should still rack up the wins its the Pens), but I generally don't think its bold just to say certain predictions because there bold or out there. Bold predictions should have good reasoning behind it. Vokoun is decent reasoning but I still don't really see why Fleury just suddenly transforms.

9. Wow, 76 points. I see him as becoming more like Toews, doesn't score a ton, but is solid at both ends of the ice and becomes a fantastic leader
    You do realize 76 points is Toews career high (though he was closer to 82 point pace last year), while thats Giroux. Giroux beat that by 20 points last year while being slightly unlucky in terms of shooting percentage. He's only 23, why is he suddenly never going to get there.

You can sell me on it, just make some points about it. There's precedent with Eric Staal hitting 100+ points and never getting close again (though he shot 16% that season).

10. I meant that as in he would be a top-5 scorer this year.
    Fair

And on Ovechkin, that would be like 68 goals in a season. He has scored 65 before. It isn't too far-fetched. Also, if he gets 40 goals and 10 assists, while Crosby gets 30 goals and 35 assists (just numbers, not saying that is what will happen), Sid would win the Hart.
    68 goals in a season would be beyond anything Ovechkin's done and he's seemingly in a slowdown and rumoured to be again out of shape (I'm still a big fan). That season was historic when he scored 65 goals, it was the equivalent of scoring 72 (Adjusted gaols) and scoring 68 would have put him at about 77 adjusted goals (the 2nd best total of all time), and considering how offense has diminished in recent years it would be just about the greatest goal scoring year of all time. i doubt its happening.
    I didn't know people actually took these things seriously. It's a fun prediction, don't get all bent out of shape over them
    Its a forum, we're supposed to discuss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post

Well with Crosby back it takes offensive situations away from Malkin and Neal.

I don't think what your predicting has ever happened in the NHL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Detroit and Nashville miss the playoffs.
    Dallas wins the West behind a healthy Lehtonen
    Luongo does not get traded
    #2 is really bold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Seguin scores 30+ becomes the next superstar

Bruins win the cup

Rask will be in contention for the Vezina

Hamilton will win calder trophy

I wonder who my favorite team is ?
    The leafs? oh wait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    The leafs? oh wait
    you do have Kessel though

Proud to be PSD's Little Ball of Hate

BRAD MARCHAND

2013-2014 Season Statistics:
    Games Played: 69
    Goals: 22
    Assists: 21
    +/-: +27

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    So its reasonable to believe that Giroux who finished 3rd in points in the NHL and in the Pittsburgh playoff series matched Crosby and Malkin combined for goals and was 2 points shy of matching them for points was a fluke and will regress, but unreasonable to believe that James Neal is not a perennial top 5 goal scorer?

Take off the homer goggles my friend. Pittsburghs offence will be good but not that good
    If by regress, you mean he will become a great leader and a terrific 2-way player, then yes, he will regress. I see him as becoming another Toews (not stellar point totals, but one of the best players in the game)

I don't understand on why people are saying the Pens O isn't the best, they were the best last year without Crosby for most of it. I'm not saying that their D or goalies are the best, I'm saying their O is the best, which really isn't debatable.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 01-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    I'm going to try to do one for every team:

Ana. This is not Selanne's last year.
    Bos. Tuukka is top 5 in GAA.
    Buf. Buffalo finishes in 12th.
    Cgy. Iginla is traded to the East.
    Car. Hurricanes win the SE division.
    Chi. They make a trade for a true #1 goalie.
    Col. Avalanche make the playoffs.
    Cbj. Blue Jackets are not dead last.
    Dal. Stars win the Pacific division.
    Det. Miss the playoffs.
    Edm. Make the Playoffs.
    Fla. Make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.
    La. Quick is outside of the top 10 in GAA.
    Min. Win the NW division.
    Mtl. Fight for the 8th playoff spot but finish 9th.
    Nsh. Pekka is top 5 in GAA.
    Nj. Kovalchuk nominated for Hart.
    Nyi. DiPietro gets the #1 job from Nabokov.
    Nyr. Gaborik gets traded.
    Ott. Karlsson is not even talked about for the Norris.
    Phi. Girioux's numbers drop without Jagr.
    Phx. Smith is top 5 GAA.
    Pit. Crosby gets hurt. Penguins struggle to stay in playoff contention.
    Sj. Blows up the roster the trade deadline.
    Stl. Wins the west.
    Tb. Lindback proves to be a #1 in Tampa.
    Tor. Gets #1 pick in the draft lottery.
    Van. Signs Gomez. Everyone laughs.
    Wsh. Holtby stumbles. Wsh struggles to get a playoff spot.
    Wpg. Kane asks to be traded.

Are they all bold? I don't know, but that was fun.

vCash
    You do realize 76 points is Toews career high (though he was closer to 82 point pace last year), while thats Giroux. Giroux beat that by 20 points last year while being slightly unlucky in terms of shooting percentage. He's only 23, why is he suddenly never going to get there.

You can sell me on it, just make some points about it. There's precedent with Eric Staal hitting 100+ points and never getting close again (though he shot 16% that season).
    Giroux already is a very good 2-way player, there's no denying that. However, with how bad the D situation is in Philly, there's a possibility that he leaves some offense on the table to help out in his own end. There's also the possibility of Philly running a more conservative system to help out their D. So now, you have a good 2-way player that can't really do much on the offensive side because of the situation/system, so why wouldn't he get better at the defensive side? I already think he will be a great leader, so that's that. Now, you have a center that is very good offensively, but is even better defensively. That's Toews.

Some examples are Staal (30 goals in his rookie season, became more defensive, and hasn't hit it since), Bergeron (had 73 and 70 points in his first 2 seasons, he started playing more defensively, never hit it again, and now has a Selke) and Backes (broke out in 2011, scored less last year but was a finalist for the Selke).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast