Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

John Gibbons up close

On sportsnet right now for those interested.

vCash
    Don't have sportsnet ahhhhhhhhh

vCash
    I watched it.

I wasn't in Canada or following baseball at the time when Gibbons last managed the Jays.

He is a very likeable character.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Always liked Gibbons. That is why i was so happy when we hired him again. As Tmath said, he is a very likable individual, and the mini documentary portrayed that well

vCash
    It was very well done. I'd like to see it become a bi-weekly show on sportsnet
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Just watched it and it was very nice to watch.

vCash
    Not a fan of his but like him better than Farrell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    It was very well done. I'd like to see it become a bi-weekly show on sportsnet
    Brunt said today on prime time sports that he's heading to the Dominican next week to do another one of these. He didn't say who he was doing it with, I'm assuming Bautista, but considering how many Dominicans are on the team, who knows.

vCash
    Jays really trying to sell Gibby to the fans. I am indifferent about the manager. Would have loved Francona but Farell jumped ship a couple weeks too late. Player relation is key to a manager. If Gibby can do that and avoid the lily/hillebbrand situation than he will be fine. An AL team isn't hard to manage in game. Almost anyone with baseball knowledge can do it. Connecting wih the players and getting the best out of them is what will make or break him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Jays really trying to sell Gibby to the fans. I am indifferent about the manager. Would have loved Francona but Farell jumped ship a couple weeks too late. Player relation is key to a manager. If Gibby can do that and avoid the lily/hillebbrand situation than he will be fine. An AL team isn't hard to manage in game. Almost anyone with baseball knowledge can do it. Connecting wih the players and getting the best out of them is what will make or break him.
    Gibbons and Lilly were and still are pretty good friends. Ted was clearly in the wrong there, showing up the boss in front of everyone was stupid, especially when he was getting shelled. Hillenbrand was a straight up moron and he knew it. In fact, here's Shea talking about Gibbons being re-hired-
    “That’s awesome,” he said. “He’s a great guy …I think he handled the situation that we had very professionally and I didn’t handle it professionally at all … All I know is that during my time with him he was a really good manager and I think he did a really good job with what he had … I think John’s going to be a great addition to that ball club and he’s a great guy.”
    It's pretty hard to blame Gibbons for either event when both players created the situation.

vCash