Talbot-Couturier-Voracek
    Read-Laughton-Simmonds
    Fedotenko-Wellwood-Rinaldo

Grossmann-Coburn
    Schenn-Timonen
    Meszaros-Foster

Bryz
    Leighton
    Like the D pairings...not feeling the offensive lines. Really wanna see Voracek on the top line and have Schenn back with Briere and Simmonds on the second. Maybe that changes when Briere gets back...

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    just got back from wells fargo ... they had schenn, couturier, and read playing together in the pp drills ... looked good together ... b.schenn looks fast on his skates

all fired up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    just got back from wells fargo ... they had schenn, couturier, and read playing together in the pp drills ... looked good together ... b.schenn looks fast on his skates

all fired up
    How'd the D look? Kemo losing a step? Schenn look good? How's Laughten look?

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoPo18 View Post
    How'd the D look? Kemo losing a step? Schenn look good? How's Laughten look?
    the practice wasn't too D oriented, but luke schenn is a big boy and played well, mostly with Kimo all night. Kimo looked fine and healthy/well rested ...

laughton wasn't noticeable, which is a good thing ... during the break away drill, hartnell slid a puck infront of him pretty sneakily, and it was funny if you noticed it ... laughton is better then wellwood and a bit bigger ... talbot played with couturier and voracek as the 2nd line ... looks like that will match up against malkin

b.schenn looked fast and big

vCash
    Hey all, being up here doesn't give me the luxury of checking out training camp :P How has Luke Schenn looked? I hope he figures it out, JVR may get the opportunity to turn it loose on the first line this season!

vCash
    Schenn looked better then what most toronto fans were saying about him, it is just a practice though.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    Hey all, being up here doesn't give me the luxury of checking out training camp :P How has Luke Schenn looked? I hope he figures it out, JVR may get the opportunity to turn it loose on the first line this season!
    They tried JVR on the first line here a couple times over the past two seasons and he couldn't stick there. I hope for his sake that he's able to put it all together, but between inconsistency and injuries, I don't know if I see it happening.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Schenn looked better then what most toronto fans were saying about him, it is just a practice though.
    I'm hoping Schenn gets it right...last thing I need up here is JVR putting up thirty. will never hear the end of it from the Maple Leaf faithful (blue kool-aid Peter Zezel kept me from drinking at a young age :P).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    I've honestly taken to ignoring what most fans think of a player.

Ask most fans coming into last year what they thought of Hartnell? He was a 3rd line player. Matt Carle? Turnover machine. Brayden Coburn? Turnover machine.

Other team's fans do the same thing. Luke Schenn isn't Chris Pronger by age 22 so he's a big lumber goof who's terrible, when in fact, he's a more than capable 2nd pairing defensemen currently with upside for a number 1 shut down type of guy. Just like Hartnell always had the ability to be a 30 goal PF, Matt Carle a fantastic puck moving defensemen and Brayden Coburn a stout #2 type d-man.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    They tried JVR on the first line here a couple times over the past two seasons and he couldn't stick there. I hope for his sake that he's able to put it all together, but between inconsistency and injuries, I don't know if I see it happening.
    Flyers like to use the good ole "Power Forward - Sniper - Playmaker" setup on their top 2 lines, which is basic hockey (Hartnell, Briere, and Leino is the easiest example of this). They wanted JVR to fill in that power forward role, and he just cant do it. He can do the whole power forward thing when hes skating with the puck, but he's hopeless at doing the dirty work in the boards. The Flyers drafted him to be the next John LeClair, and it didnt work out. They put him on their top line with Giroux and Jagr, but he couldnt be their muscle guy.

If the Leafs pair him up with the right players so he can utilize his sniping skills instead, I think JVR will be great. But he needs someone on his line to do the dirty work along the boards/behind the net for him (which is the case for lots of high end talent in this league, theres nothing wrong with it)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-18-2013 at 10:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Flyers like to use the good ole "Power Forward - Sniper - Playmaker" setup on their top 2 lines, which is basic hockey (Hartnell, Briere, and Leino is the easiest example of this). They wanted JVR to fill in that power forward role, and he just cant do it. He can do the whole power forward thing when hes skating with the puck, but he's hopeless at doing the dirty work in the boards. The Flyers drafted him to be the next John LeClair, and it didnt work out. They put him on their top line with Giroux and Jagr, but he couldnt be their muscle guy.

If the Leafs pair him up with the right players so he can utilize his sniping skills instead, I think JVR will be great. But he needs someone on his line to do the dirty work along the boards/behind the net for him (which is the case for lots of high end talent in this league, theres nothing wrong with it)
    He reminds me like a more tough/psychical Jeff Carter. Good goal scorer and puck skills but shy's away from contact.

lol bryz