Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Kobe is pretty much as good as just about anybody from his era one-on-one. But let us be honest. The best? I would say currently Durant and LBJ are at least as good as prime Kobe and T-Mac was likely up there to. Jordan was clearly the best. But then again, we are talking perimeter players here. You take a guy like Hakeem, Shaq, these guys could not be stopped one-on-one. So if you are going to include post players, then I would say Shaq and Hakeem are two guys who would almost always get around single coverage. If you are just talking guys on the wing, I don't see Kobe as BETTER than LBJ or Durant.

Kobe's got such an ego.
    So Hakeem and Shaq would be able to bring the ball up the court and post them selves up without it getting stolen before they even reached the free throw line?
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Drob is better than both (Referring to Magic and Bird), they just played on way better teams in there primes. Let Drob in his prime play with Worthy and Kareem. Or Dennis Johnson, Kevin Mchale, and Chief all in there prime.

David one two rings with less talent when he was old and decrepit.

Those guys have more Rings, David has more stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    So Hakeem and Shaq would be able to bring the ball up the court and post them selves up without it getting stolen before they even reached the free throw line?
    Shaq had amazing handles.
    Go look up video of him running the fast break by himself back in Orlando.

He had no problem putting the ball on the floor and keeping control over it while not letting others strip him.

Hakeem had similar handles I believe.

Not saying it would make sense for them to do that but they have done it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.
    Not seeing why he couldn't just back you down as soon as he got the ball. Its pretty easy to keep 1 guy away from the ball when your as massive as Shaq is. Its not like he has to crossover to create space or something

vCash
    LBJ would WAX kobe

vCash
    x2.......Probably 8 out of ten! Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster all the way around!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...e-player-ever/

Who could get you? "Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble, hed be tough. I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady. I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasnt even close."
    Do ya agree?
    where did he say he is the best ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    No one gives a ****
    This pretty much sums it up. **** Kobme

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    where did he say he is the best ever?

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...-lebron-django

You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.
    In the original article that SLAM is quoting from. Which is hyper-linked in the SLAM article. Try reading before rolling your eyes.

Now on topic.....

Kobe is a GREAT 1 vs 1 player. Is he the best ever? Who knows. I think MJ would beat him. But on any given day or week, the top players of all time can take each other. In a 7 game series, I think MJ wins, and it would probably not go the full 7 games. But that's just my opinion. It is quite possible Kobe could take him in a series too. That doesn't make Kobe better than Jordan. And it doesn't mean that Kobe is a better 1 vs 1 player than Jordan. It simply means that great players are great players for a reason. They all have competitive drive, and are insanely talented.

I do think there are other guys in the history of the game that could take Kobe. It isn't a crazy thought. Think about it. If Kobe played a 7 game series of 1 vs 1 against Bird for example. Bird could be hot for 4 straight game, take the ball first, and not miss 11 shots straight. With Bird, he could do that for 4 games in a row. He was that good of a shooter. Even with someone in his face. But then they play another series, and Kobe gets the ball first, he is going right by Bird almost every time. So this definitive "Kobe is the best, he would destroy this guy or that guy" really is all speculation. And not really all that realistic either.

vCash
    Can anyone seriously say to me, that you have never just backed someone down all the way to the paint in a 1 on 1 game? It gets tiring but Im not in the shape I used to be, I never worried about getting stripped because you only have to keep track of 1 pair of hands. How hard can that be for a professional center? LMFAO Shaq would kill everyone 1 on 1.

Perimeter players would murder him too, but you dont think eventually one of those jumpers falls flat? Ill take my chance with a Shaq dunk attempt over any shot in NBA history.

Who won the last 1 on 1 competition? Wasnt it Kareem or some bigman?
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-18-2013 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    I'll go w/ Bernard King and then Kobe.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567