Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    MELO/PIERCE/NIQUE/DREXLER/AI(5in taller)/V.CARTER and others would beat him or give him run for his money easily

BEAN dont even got his 'own' game to begin with....
    Well, seeing as he said he smoked Tmac I dont know about those guys being a different story. Melo can't D up and isnt mobile enough for Kobe. Same with Pierce, he's not even a 1v1 guy all that much anyway. Nique and Drexler are a no way, Drexler would be way too slow for Kobe. Ai and Carter in prime could score in anyway anywhere but it'd be the same thing as Tmac. They weren't as 1v1 as Kobe is, they all used picks, attacking off pass/dribble as well as 1v1.

Kobe's like strictly 1v1 all the time
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 01-17-2013 at 10:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Did you ever watch Prime Barkley?
    How would Kobe stop him. Barkley would take his sweet time backing him down for easy layups or dunks.

Kobe would have to work his *** off to try and poke the ball away.

Barkley was crazy athletic and had long arms. If he wanted to play good m2m defense he could.
    Usually towards the end of the games he'd be the won asking to guard Bird and Jordan.

I might be wrong but in a 1v1 game I am taking Prime Barkley over Kobe.
    Barkley is my favorite player of all time. I grew up wearing his Sixers jersey, his Suns jersey and his Rockets jersey. And I still think a prime Kobe would be able to beat him, but it'd be a good matchup. In the end I think Kobe's athleticism and speed would be too much for Sir Charles.

Backing someone down from the 3-point line is not easy at all. All legitimate one-on-one matchups have 'take-backs', so on a miss you gotta take it behind the 3-point line. If it was Shaq, he'd be able to back Kobe down but all it takes is a missed shot or two, or a steal and he would have no way of guarding Kobe at all. Kobe would run the table. Barkley would not be able to just back him down easily, especially not prime Barkley.

If you understand one-on-one (I played it all my life and still do) you'd know this.
    Miami Heat: 2011 NBA Finals Losers

U SAD???

vCash
    I agree with Kobe on Durant tho. He's a slithery lengthy bastard, I can't stand playing those guys in real life they drive me nuts. Next thing you know you're nearly under the basket and their arms are stretching out of your reach like MJ in space jam.

When did everyone start getting 7 ft wing spans.. I'd rather guard Kobe 1v1 because Durant could just find a way to get close to the hoop and hook it in or if he got me set up in his dribble he'd just sky his arms for a long layup.

Kobe defending you 1v1 althought is a different story he'd be hard to get around.

whoever is saying Lebron needs to just stop. The guy is not at all a good 1v1 player yet. Unless they allowed him to get the ball from full court sprint then mabybe he could compete with Kobe 1v1. Otherwise he's not a scorer like that yet..

vCash
    Yeah that part was pure bull.
    Just Kobe trying to make himself look better due to his massive ego.

Kobe averaged the same FGAttempts from 01-02 that he did in his 08-10 playoff runs and his effiency in 02 was putrid.
    Also when Shaq was out those years Kobe put up worse numbers.

Shaq not only improved Kobe's numbers but got him rings. How is that sacrificing?
    Sacrifice my a33. Kobe never sacrificed anything on the court from an individual perspective.

And winning MVP's really? The early 00's were ruled by Prime Shaq, Duncan and eventually KG.
    No way Kobe is winning any MVP's during that times regardless of what team he was on.
    You and hidalgo make great friends

vCash
    Did you ever watch Prime Barkley?
    How would Kobe stop him. Barkley would take his sweet time backing him down for easy layups or dunks.

Kobe would have to work his *** off to try and poke the ball away.

Barkley was crazy athletic and had long arms. If he wanted to play good m2m defense he could.
    Usually towards the end of the games he'd be the won asking to guard Bird and Jordan.

I might be wrong but in a 1v1 game I am taking Prime Barkley over Kobe.
    No one is baking kobe down for layups kiddo.
    Well that's your opinion. We all know how you hate Kobe

vCash
    Ha nice ego Kobe but I'll bet in reality Lebron would beat you 6-7 times out of ten.

vCash
    "We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore."

HAHA that is SO Tmac.

why are him and VC so weak minded sometimes. They're either crazy confident or super scared. bipolar genes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnl123 View Post
    Ha nice ego Kobe but I'll bet in reality Lebron would beat you 6-7 times out of ten.
    6-7 come on wat u smokin kobe is best 1 on 1 its not even close durant close second

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    MELO/PIERCE/NIQUE/DREXLER/AI(5in taller)/V.CARTER and others would beat him or give him run for his money easily

BEAN dont even got his 'own' game to begin with....its not that impressive to copycat/master the socalled greatest of alltime, and act like its your ****, might as well go watch old BULLS clips from 96-98 cause he sure wasnt that 'come fly with me' type circa 84' and wasnt nowhere near as strong as JORDAN nor had his cat quickness,but i cant knock him for fooling the masses who portray he's the 'closest' to JORDAN, I say no hes a closetclone JORDAN

vCash
    Lol at this Lakers Heat game. Steal dunk steal dunk steal dunk steal dunk.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Lol.. did he make a ban bet?
    Well, if the'r were refs around Jordan would win, 'cause nobody, but nobody got the calls Jordan got. Yeah, game was more physical in the day, but you really couln't go near Jordan and not be called for a foul when the game counted, and Jordan could get away with more than none, too. Kobe has a pretty complete game and Jordan became a better shooter as time went on (and the refs grew ever more deferential). Durant would be tough, but I think a prime Kobe would probably edge him 1-1.

Would be something to call up if we ever come by a time machine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersiznumber1 View Post
    6-7 come on wat u smokin kobe is best 1 on 1 its not even close durant close second
    I love how you me because I said something that's actually intellectual in a retarded thread. This whole thing of Kobe being the best one on one player is silly. Kobe trying to guard Lebron would be hilarious. Lebron's got like 3 inches and 40 pounds on him. He'd drive him into the ground.

vCash
    Kobe is right he's the best 1on1 player ever

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    lol
    Double lol the guys got jokes

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnl123 View Post
    Smh

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast