Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Kobe is pretty much as good as just about anybody from his era one-on-one. But let us be honest. The best? I would say currently Durant and LBJ are at least as good as prime Kobe and T-Mac was likely up there to. Jordan was clearly the best. But then again, we are talking perimeter players here. You take a guy like Hakeem, Shaq, these guys could not be stopped one-on-one. So if you are going to include post players, then I would say Shaq and Hakeem are two guys who would almost always get around single coverage. If you are just talking guys on the wing, I don't see Kobe as BETTER than LBJ or Durant.

Kobe's got such an ego.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnl123 View Post
    I love how you me because I said something that's actually intellectual in a ******** thread. This whole thing of Kobe being the best one on one player is silly. Kobe trying to guard Lebron would be hilarious. Lebron's got like 3 inches and 40 pounds on him. He'd drive him into the ground.
    Yes it was SO intellectual for you to post out YOUR prediction of a hypothetical 1v1 game...

anyway since when was Lebron a good 1v1 player? Drive him into the ground? 1v1 isn't full court you have to start with the ball at like the perimeter. Is Bron really gonna have the footwork from there to get around Kobe at will just because his height?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Yes it was SO intellectual for you to post out YOUR prediction of a hypothetical 1v1 game...

anyway since when was Lebron a good 1v1 player? Drive him into the ground? 1v1 isn't full court you have to start with the ball at like the perimeter. Is Bron really gonna have the footwork from there to get around Kobe at will just because his height?
    Maybe, maybe not, but one things for sure. Lebron can turn his back to Kobe and post him till he's under the basket, unless Kobe leans on him, which would allow Lebron to spin right past him... Don't kid yourself... 40 pounds and 3 inches is a huge advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    No one is baking kobe down for layups kiddo.
    Well that's your opinion. We all know how you hate Kobe
    What do you mean?
    How would Kobe prevent Barkley from backing him down for a layup?

Could Kobe prevent Shaq from backing him down?

I am being serious here.

Also Barkley had a decent handle and face up game so he could probably dribble in closer to the basket before turning his back to Kobe.
    He wouldn't necessarily have to post up from the 3pt line even though if you watched Prime or Young Barkley you know he'd be happy to do that.

Barkley used to back up guys for days before shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Kobe is pretty much as good as just about anybody from his era one-on-one. But let us be honest. The best? I would say currently Durant and LBJ are at least as good as prime Kobe and T-Mac was likely up there to. Jordan was clearly the best. But then again, we are talking perimeter players here. You take a guy like Hakeem, Shaq, these guys could not be stopped one-on-one. So if you are going to include post players, then I would say Shaq and Hakeem are two guys who would almost always get around single coverage. If you are just talking guys on the wing, I don't see Kobe as BETTER than LBJ or Durant.

Kobe's got such an ego.
    Basically sums it up.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Im waiting for a clippers fan to say Jamal Crawford, CP3, Bledsoe, or Hollins over Kobe tho..

Crawford would be really good actually 1v1

vCash
    Yea how does Shaq lose a 1 on 1 game?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Yeah that was the MJ I was thinking about, and that's the first year Kobe started smelling himself with his first 40+ streak of games as that was the year his athleticism, shot, handles, and body were all at their best balance IM

I can see it going all three games 1-1-1 split because they would kill one another in game 3 lol
    hypothetically, you and I can buy a beer, some popcorn, and watch the two maestro's go at it haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yea how does Shaq lose a 1 on 1 game?
    uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    uh, make it a true 1-1 game, ball up top? No way on earth Shaq has the handles to score on every possession, while the greatest perimeter players would blow by him like he isn't even there. You do understand the game of 1-1, right? The only center in history that even has a beef here is Hakeem, due to his handles.
    These are guys who obviously don't understand anything about 1on1 games. I don't think some have actually ever played in their lives.

No one is saying that a Prime Barkley can't score on Kobe. Sure he can back him down sometimes and score, but will he outscore Kobe?? Not in make'em take'em, not in regular 1on1 style. His defense and athleticism will not be good enough. Hell, Kobe could post Barkley up.

Offensively, he could perhaps come close to matching Kobe. Defensively, I think Kobe's defense would have a greater effect on Barkley than Barkley's defense on Kobe. 5 games? Maybe Barkley could steal one or two, but I think Kobe would win overall.

BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

"George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

-Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

vCash
    Kobe loves to boast and show off his ego. He is very overrated. I hate when people ride his dick. Sure, he is good and a HoF. Is he better than Shaq, Wilt, etc? No. He is not the 2nd best player of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

Kobe's got such an ego.
    pretty much my sentiments...

The Evil Empire Strikes Back...Take Em Home Frankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

vCash
    yeah, MJ and Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnl123 View Post
    I love how you me because I said something that's actually intellectual in a ******** thread. This whole thing of Kobe being the best one on one player is silly. Kobe trying to guard Lebron would be hilarious. Lebron's got like 3 inches and 40 pounds on him. He'd drive him into the ground.
    lebron is the better player in a team game situation with 5 on 5, but kobe is better 1 on 1 player. He goes 1 on 5 every game when the rest of the team falls a sleep so my money is on kobe

vCash
    All the usual suspects spewing the same foolish garbage as usual. Andrew32, 3RDASYSTEM, and ElHildago. The holy trinity of Kobe haters. lol
    Last edited by amos1er; 01-18-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast