Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 151
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Regardless of how he plays?

    Are you REALLY a Raider fan?
    I am suggesting that my team should cut ties with a player that they have over paid while he has under performed. Not sure how that suggestion would lay to question my loyalties, or why I would have wasted the time to post replies here if I were not. Draw your own conclusions.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    Now it's know here i'm not the biggest McInjury fan and STILL hope we trade him before we loose him and any value. But RB isn't our most desperate team need and a contract year performance would be nice to see. So unless we do trade him, i don't see RM drafting a RB. we will see some "camp meat" UDFA's and hopefully scouts did their homework and we score with one.
    I didnt say the RB position was our biggest need or something we should make top of the need list, but for the purpose of this thread. The team does need another Rb tho if were going to stick with Dmac which probably will happen. The offense will be successful just like the team if we can run the ball with success, so a Rb is needed somewhere if its in the draft or FA i dont care. A strong backup is needed and i dont think we should be cheap with this one because it will be so important for the team. My hope is they bring in a good backup through FA which im not a huge fan of building a team thro but for this one position i think our best bet will be to get a guy in FA to help dmac. Of course this all is only important if we keep Dmac.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Notice Foster, Rice and Lynch all play on winning teams?

    Also, any OC who had BOTH D Mac and Foster would be insane not to utilize both since they bring completely different skill sets to the table.

    D Mac would thrive in a situation where he had guys like that to support him. I would hate to be that DC who had to design a game plan to stop that.

    You make the point without knowing it and brought up a huge problem with why D Mac has struggled.

    Think about it before responding OK?

    You are dead right as we need to stop thinking of D Mac as a back he is not and maximize what he is.

    The loss of Bush was huge but not as big as the scheme change was.
    First off this part isnt really directed at you but everyone needs to chill out with the issults and ****. Damn some guys on here act like theyve never dealt with someone with a different view. We dont have to be *******s to every person who disagrees. I mean i like a heated discussion but some people on here are acting just stupid.

    Okay now the first part what does those guys playing on winning teams have to do with anything?
    I did know i made the point thats why i said it. Dmac does need some help. And you say it yourself he isnt a A back so why defend him so much? we need a A back for this team and he isnt one. I mean if we want to sign him for backup money next year sure no problem but we still need to find our durable back which is what i was saying. The guy cant do it on his own so lets stop acting like he can. Bush leaving was a huge problem and i defended the bush lose and was against letting him walk. He was vital to Dmacs success and that was proven this year. We also know dmac cant run in the ZBS. DA will fix that this year but that still leaves his injury issue. So we need to find a new back if not to take over the full time job atleast take half or more of the carries from dmac. And DMAC wouldnt be supported by guys like that. He would be the one supporting them lol. Thats what he is a support piece at this point. He isnt the main show anymore.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I am suggesting that my team should cut ties with a player that they have over paid while he has under performed. Not sure how that suggestion would lay to question my loyalties, or why I would have wasted the time to post replies here if I were not. Draw your own conclusions.
    Yeah great idea after we invested so much.

    Lame!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    First off this part isnt really directed at you but everyone needs to chill out with the issults and ****. Damn some guys on here act like theyve never dealt with someone with a different view. We dont have to be *******s to every person who disagrees. I mean i like a heated discussion but some people on here are acting just stupid.

    Okay now the first part what does those guys playing on winning teams have to do with anything?
    I did know i made the point thats why i said it. Dmac does need some help. And you say it yourself he isnt a A back so why defend him so much? we need a A back for this team and he isnt one. I mean if we want to sign him for backup money next year sure no problem but we still need to find our durable back which is what i was saying. The guy cant do it on his own so lets stop acting like he can. Bush leaving was a huge problem and i defended the bush lose and was against letting him walk. He was vital to Dmacs success and that was proven this year. We also know dmac cant run in the ZBS. DA will fix that this year but that still leaves his injury issue. So we need to find a new back if not to take over the full time job atleast take half or more of the carries from dmac. And DMAC wouldnt be supported by guys like that. He would be the one supporting them lol. Thats what he is a support piece at this point. He isnt the main show anymore.
    I never said he wasn't an A back.

    Playing on a winning team usually means a coach has a deeper playbook and is tougher to prepare for. THat only happens when you have the complete supporting cast.

    Ever notice how guys on the winning teams always go to the Pro Bowl?

    I said we need to compliment him with complimenting talent. Never did I say he "could do it on his own".

    That's irrelevant in football as he just needs to be used right. Reggie recognized the problem and corrected it.

    Who says he has to be the main show to be worth what he is?

    Back up money?

    You're just being stupid now.
    Last edited by Da Swami; 01-20-2013 at 07:54 AM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,761
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Dude quit melting down.

    You can hate all you want and I support your right to make yourself look like you really are not a fan at all.

    I think you are a fake!
    Its just amazing what other people will tell you about themselves by what they accuse others of doing/being.

    -Stork

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    2,104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Yeah great idea after we invested so much.

    Lame!
    You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I see no reason for the adulation. It would be better to trade him while he has value. His next injury, and it will come, could be his last. Paying top dollar for "flashes of brilliance" and "potential" haven't cut it.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    The only proven thing McFragile has done is that he's shown us he can hurt himself in either the PBS or ZBS....how's that for consistency?

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I see no reason for the adulation. It would be better to trade him while he has value. His next injury, and it will come, could be his last. Paying top dollar for "flashes of brilliance" and "potential" haven't cut it.
    But didn't you see how good he looks on the sidelines with streetclothes and a walking boot? He's worth 6 M for just doing that.......... SMH

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    He needs a stretcher to be his complimentary RB/FB....he uses it more than his cleats.....

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,179
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Yeah great idea after we invested so much.

    Lame!
    Maybe the time has come to finally evaluate the effectiveness of his continued employment in Oakland. All of that talent isn't worth much when you can't depend on getting it. Yes he had flashes of brilliance, and with different schemes and supporting cast. You can blame his lack of production (again with less that a full season of work) on a non fitting scheme and horrid play calling, which I would agree with, but how is any scheme or cast of players going to help his durability?

    What? We're only going to use him sparingly to save him? Hell, if I don't see him but for half or a third of the offensive downs I'm going to know something is up, too easy to prepare for as an opposing D IMO. McFadden is not dominant enough to be effective in that limited a role. His appearance on the field needs to keep the opposing D guessing, not tipping them off.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

    Unknown

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    But didn't you see how good he looks on the sidelines with streetclothes and a walking boot? He's worth 6 M for just doing that.......... SMH
    Quote: N. Cog Neato
    The only proven thing McFragile has done is that he's shown us he can hurt himself in either the PBS or ZBS....how's that for consistency?

    We get it he can't stay healthy!!!
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Yeah great idea after we invested so much.

    Lame!
    So are you suggesting that we stick with a player based on what is invested in him rather than how he has performed.

    Brilliant! Lets but JaMarcus under center, Javon Walker back out at split end and stick with McFadden at runningback. While we are at it we can see of Larry Brown still wants to play cornerback.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    I never said he wasn't an A back.

    Playing on a winning team usually means a coach has a deeper playbook and is tougher to prepare for. THat only happens when you have the complete supporting cast.

    Ever notice how guys on the winning teams always go to the Pro Bowl?

    I said we need to compliment him with complimenting talent. Never did I say he "could do it on his own".

    That's irrelevant in football as he just needs to be used right. Reggie recognized the problem and corrected it.

    Who says he has to be the main show to be worth what he is?

    Back up money?

    You're just being stupid now.
    So you think he is worth the money that we are paying him now? I mean what would you like to sign him for after his contract is up. He isnt worth the money now. He does need help which you did say so he doesnt need to be making the 6 million or whatever it is he is making. We do agree on the fact that he needs help but he also needs to be making less to bring in some help for him. We need another close to starting quality Rb to be DMac partner. Seeing as Dmac will most likely get hurt again we need someone that can handle a full load. The backup needs to be some real talent and not just some Rb off the street to fill a spot.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    vCash
    1500
    Salary cap era football is as much about economics as it is about X's and O's. New England invests heavily in its QB then reloads the other talent when they won't make cap friendly salary demands, take Seymour for example, the Patriots moved him to the Raiders for high picks, shed his cap number. They will probably re-sign him this off season and get a very good hired gun on defense with little or no financial risk. When you invest so much money in a payer such as McFadden and they under-perform the repercussions can take years to recover from. This is exactly why I am so down on McFadden.
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-20-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •