Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

prove me wrong mcfadden

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders...arren-mcfadden

ALAMEDA -- Running back Darren McFadden is a big part of the Raiders plans moving forward in 2013, general manager Reggie McKenzie said Thursday.
    McKenzie, meeting with beat writers for the first time since Nov. 30, brushed aside the notion that McFadden could be moved entering the final season of his contract following a disappointing year.
    "I'm confident Darren's going to play his last season, regardless of what's out there," McKenzie said. "We have no decision to do anything with Darren."
    McFadden gained 707 yards on 216 carries, averaging 3.3 yards per attempt, as the Raiders dropped to 28th in rushing after gaining more yards on the ground than any team in the NFL in 2010 and 2011.
    The Raiders

Oakland Raiders' Darren McFadden (20) runs against the Kansas City Chiefs in the third quarter at the O.co Coliseum in Oakland, Calif., on Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012. (Nhat V. Meyer/Staff)
    switched to a zone blocking system under recently-fired offensive coordinator Greg Knapp after playing more gap and power power schemes under Hue Jackson.
    While McKenzie said execution was more of an issue than scheme, he also said, "It's obvious Darren is much better on certain types of plays. That goes without saying. That's how you've got to do it."
    McKenzie said coach Dennis Allen was closing in on hiring a new offensive coordinator, although he declined to give a time line. The Raiders have talked with former Rams head coach Mike Martz and McKenzie confirmed speaking with Norv Turner and Marc Trestman, both of whom now have other jobs.
    Former Jacksonville quarterbacks coach Greg Olson has been a reported candidate.

Raiders also will hire a special teams coordinator, a linebackers coach and an offensive line coach.
    The staff leaves for the Senior Bowl Saturday, where they'll coach the North team, with practices starting Monday.

Looks like mcfadden wont be moved. He's in a contract year so thats probably why as well. Well I hope mcfadden stays healthy and makes me take crow in my mouth, ears, nose, ***, and urethra. I hope it does happen, but the raiders and hope haven't been nice to each other for a long *** time.

vCash
    No news really but I'm glad to hear some reassurance...I really think DMC will make up for last year and play with a chip on his shoulder(hopefully we bring in a new athletics trainer and nutritionist for him, whatever it takes to keep this kid healthy lol). I'm givin' him one more season to prove that he's SIG worthy for me...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    For me times up. We need to sell while the stock still has value. I would love a 2nd round pick.

But if he stays, I will support and hope e can finally put together a solid all-around healthy year.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    well if someone offers a 2nd im sure reggie will take it, but it wont happen. raiders wont cut him either, so looks like hes back. we need a very good back up, because i can't see 16 games.

vCash
    This is ok news I guess......as long as they play to DMAC's strenghs then he should put up solid #'s for next year, and if he stays healthy(Which I HIGHLY DOUBT!) he'll be in the top 5 in rushing next year.

vCash
    This isn't that complicated for me. If they can't run the ball, look for a repeat of last season.
    There are some positives: He's in his contract year...if that's not motivation, what is?
    Reggie and Dennis did it the wrong way the first time around....maybe they learned from their mistake.
    The three of their jobs depend on this working...stay tuned!
    Last edited by dbacknick; 01-17-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Cash him in for a second and a fourth RM. Put down the McFadden and slowly back away, there is nothing more to see here.

vCash
    While I'm sure that RM will always listen to offers, DMC's value must be at an all time low. He averaged less than 3.5 yards per carry. He's staying, unless some one like Jerry Jones decides he needs another Arkansas alumni on the cowpokes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    While I'm sure that RM will always listen to offers, DMC's value must be at an all time low. He averaged less than 3.5 yards per carry. He's staying, unless some one like Jerry Jones decides he needs another Arkansas alumni on the cowpokes...
    He averaged 3.3 ypc. It was the lowest average ever for a Raiders running back with at least 150 carries.

Frankly, that sounds like lip service to me.

-Stork

vCash
    Better title: Good luck at your next job McFadden

He's had plenty of time, more than enough actually, to show his value. It hasn't worked out.

too bad, so sad, time to go.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    I understand all of that, but if the best someone offers is a 5th rounder, why would you take it? Just to get rid of him? I agree that he's underperformed based on expectations, but his attitude and work ethic has been good. As far as anyone knows, he's not a lockerroom cancer, he appears to be a good teammate. I think we use the next year to get his replacement ready to play. BTW, his replacement isn't on the roster yet. That guy gets drafted in April.

vCash
    Thank God. Mcfadden Comeback player of the year 2013. you heard it here first.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Sounds likes PBS is coming back, meaning that DMC will be able to produce in a system in which he thrives.

vCash
    McFadden is not an every down back, like Kaufman he needs to be running in tandem with a thumper. Most teams run a variation of Zone and Power blocking schemes, utilize plays that best utilize McFadden, and plan on 12 carries per game and 10 games per season. He can still hit a few home runs but the Raiders need to look elsewhere for a back that take the bulk of the workload.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Thank God. Mcfadden Comeback player of the year 2013. you heard it here first.
    Lol...wtf is he coming back from???

Proving you're a full time RB after 5 bust years?

It would be nice if he did.... Either way, see ya by 2014!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast