Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 332
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    the world isnt fair and can never be fair for everyone, its dissappointing but its reality.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigInSanJose View Post
    I'm the insensitive, ignorant, uninformed one, yet you question what happened involving my family with ZERO KNOWLEDGE on me or my family's history?

    I'll be sure to ask my dead cousins (yes that means more than one) how they feel about their issues again (because we did talk about them) I'll do that just as soon as someone can bring them back to life after they put bullets through their skulls.

    At least we as the general public have some knowledge of what is going on with White. You don't know ANYTHING about me or my family so SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

    You talk about things being insulting, yet have no problem trying to question me on the legitimacy of death's in my family? You're a worthless hypocrite.

    What is really worthless though is you spending hours defending someone you don't know and know nothing about. You criticize anyone who goes against him yet don't know what is going on aside from what he posts on Twitter. It's a good thing we know athletes don't lie to the media though.
    What i criticize is opinion stated as facts with ridiculous reasoning.

    You posted your opinion on the matter with no other reasoning behind it that your claim that you have all this family that had conditions. However the fallacy in your argument is that even if we are to believe your sob story (you have my deepest condolences if true) you are putting a label on Royce's condition as if all mental disorders are on in the same. You do not know how extreme his panic attacks are and do not know how his OCD affects his treatments. OCD patients are very difficult to treat.

    Furthermore the lack of evidence or reason in your opinion makes it seem that the only basis for anyone taking your opinion seriously is that you claim to have an assortment of family members that had conditions.

    Any dumb*** can go on the internet and claim they are millionaires or muscular 6'4" men, or whatever. So that being the only shred of support in your argument makes it seem whole ridiculous.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    1500
    I feel like Royce White put himself in this position. He obviously did not disclose his concern to NBA teams about the traveling and etc. He played it off like it wouldn't impact his NBA career and now he is backed into a corner because instead of him falling in the draft to a position where teams would be more than happy to accommodate his needs he played himself up and got drafted in a position where teams expect immediate results. If he was forthcoming about the severity of his condition than it wouldn't be a problem and we wouldn't be talking about it.

    Honestly if a team drafted him in the late second round I could see them doing everything in their power to help him get through his condition so he could benefit the team.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Your understanding is flawed because you do not know the facts.

    You only know what the media presents. The media presents only what they think which is derived from what they know. They know only what the teams, psychologists, Royce, and people connected tell them tell the media. Those people do not release much to the public because there are confidentiality issues as anyone that knows anything about the psychology field would know. The facts about what Royce is dealing with and what the team is willing and not willing to do for him is not known.

    Therefore we do not know enough to cast judgment on Royce.

    Several things make people think that he is the problem:

    1. The lack of understanding. Like i said we do not know anything more than what we read.

    2. He is outspoken. He calls out wrongful information and speaks his mind on what he believes

    3. The media always paints the player as the bad guy. Always.
    You're being ignorant, because as you said there's a lack of information, so how can you jump on his bandwagon if you don't even know what it is.. Also, he had a perfect shot, TODAY, to explain to the public what is the problem, but instead, blamed the league for not being health conscious (whether they are or not isn't my issue) and didn't give the general public an idea on what could be a solution.. Instead he sat there and POINTED his finger at the league and the Houston Rockets, and said the only way to get on the right foot is for them to admit they lack knowledge (they may or may not). Seems like he wants them to comply with his demands to make things work.. NOT ONCE have I heard him submit a solution, and HE HIMSELF AS COMPLETE ACCESS TO THE MEDIA THROUGH TWITTER, so NO.. the media doesn't always paint the player in the wrong, WHEN THE PLAYERS HAVE ACCESS TO HALF OF THE MEDIA through their twitter account, which he has been very vocal, but nothing he says provide a solution... IF I had a disorder that needed special treatments, I WOULD OF BROUGHT Those up previous to me signing a contract and becoming AN ASSET (which he is regardless of what he thinks) to the Rockets... Until he provides a solution and reaches out for an agreement with the Rockets, HE IS EQUALLY TO BLAME FOR THIS PREDICAMENT! Problems aren't solved through complaining, but solutions.. until he has one he needs to STFU, and work it out with the Rockets and not through his twitter account.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    I feel like he's doing absolutely nothing to help his cause. He refuses to say what the actual problem is besides the fact it's "unsafe"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,003
    vCash
    1500
    I think Chill Will needs his own blog about protecting RW, seeing as he's highjacked this thread with his supreme moral high ground and absolute knowledge of him and his issues. Everyone else seems to be a giant A hole for not blindly sticking up for this kid. I for one think RW needs to do himself a big favor and retire from the NBA. If his condition is so extreme, then he needs to find another line of work. I'm not hating on him, if he can't cut it out to be a NBA player, do something else...Something his condition will allow him to do with out all the stress. CW, Don't bother calling me whatever names I'm sure you'll come up with, I won't respond, promise. I think your being way overly protective, bordering on obsessive when it comes to your defense of this kid. I just think he should be grateful to the Rockets for drafting him and for the paycheck, and then check out of the spotlight if he can't handle it.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    Give me a break this is the nba and whether he likes it or not pro athletes fall under another category , they are under a microscope. Royce White needs to go home if he feels his health is at risk. My argument is valid, and if you have a mental disorder that doesnt allow you to play pro basketball then that suck but its reality. He cant put himself in a bubble whether he has control or not hes gotta work harder on it. i just watched the video and he seems pretty calm cool and collected in front of the media
    You argument is not valid and the fact that you think it is makes it comical.

    His mental disorder does not stop him from playing basketball. He did very well in college. The problem is that colleges have protocols in place because not students that go there are athletes.

    In the NBA these protocols do not exist. That is the difference.

    His condition does not prevent him from playing and his psychologist already addressed that Royce's issues are far more than what the media is milking it to be.

    He can play ball fine. The team that drafted him is not making the effort to put into place the protocols necessary for him to feel safe at work; mental issues that the Rockets knew when drafting in him and that most experts predicted would prevent him from being drafted. It was the Rockets that failed to their homework, not Royce. You can deduce this from assessing the situation logically.

    If i am a hospital administrator and i hire a talented doctor who cannot walk and the doctor refuses to work because the job does not have protocols in place for him to do his job in a safe manner or get to work safely then there is a problem and simply blaming the doctor is both unfair and discriminatory


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York Sir
    Posts
    5,345
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Grow the **** up. Just because your broke *** puts high value in money does not mean he needs to. He cares about his own life and values it a lot more than anything the NBA can give him.

    People are just mad that they live mediocre lives and WISH they could have the millions he could make and feel insulted that he does not put high value on money. In essence people are mad that he is a decent person.
    No thats not what people are mad of. What they are angry about is that he decided to sign a contract that pays him a large sum of money, all while knowing what he was expected to do when he signed said contract. He knew what the travel schedule would be like before he signed that contract and he did it anyway.

    No one forced him to sign that deal but he did it and is now being rewarded for doing nothing. I get that he has a problem that is severe and difficult to live with. Thats not my problem or I believe most peoples problem. Its that he signed a deal that benefits him greatly and is not living up to his part of the deal.

    If you know prior to signing that you wont be able to abide by the rules in place, then its easy, you dont sign the deal. So in fact it seems that he does care about money and is not a decent person.

    New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.



    As of 9/4/14

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    also thank you for quoting my post and not addressing my valid argument at all. Ignorance is bliss
    This response is pure gold.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    What i criticize is opinion stated as facts with ridiculous reasoning.

    You posted your opinion on the matter with no other reasoning behind it that your claim that you have all this family that had conditions. However the fallacy in your argument is that even if we are to believe your sob story (you have my deepest condolences if true) you are putting a label on Royce's condition as if all mental disorders are on in the same. You do not know how extreme his panic attacks are and do not know how his OCD affects his treatments. OCD patients are very difficult to treat.

    Furthermore the lack of evidence or reason in your opinion makes it seem that the only basis for anyone taking your opinion seriously is that you claim to have an assortment of family members that had conditions.

    Any dumb*** can go on the internet and claim they are millionaires or muscular 6'4" men, or whatever. So that being the only shred of support in your argument makes it seem whole ridiculous.

    Wow dude you sound like a ego maniac/douche. You sound so ignorant in presuming everyone is lying to create a more valid point, especially presuming someones lying about his claims they lost family members to mental disease.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    You're being ignorant, because as you said there's a lack of information, so how can you jump on his bandwagon if you don't even know what it is.. Also, he had a perfect shot, TODAY, to explain to the public what is the problem, but instead, blamed the league for not being health conscious (whether they are or not isn't my issue) and didn't give the general public an idea on what could be a solution.. Instead he sat there and POINTED his finger at the league and the Houston Rockets, and said the only way to get on the right foot is for them to admit they lack knowledge (they may or may not). Seems like he wants them to comply with his demands to make things work.. NOT ONCE have I heard him submit a solution, and HE HIMSELF AS COMPLETE ACCESS TO THE MEDIA THROUGH TWITTER, so NO.. the media doesn't always paint the player in the wrong, WHEN THE PLAYERS HAVE ACCESS TO HALF OF THE MEDIA through their twitter account, which he has been very vocal, but nothing he says provide a solution... IF I had a disorder that needed special treatments, I WOULD OF BROUGHT Those up previous to me signing a contract and becoming AN ASSET (which he is regardless of what he thinks) to the Rockets... Until he provides a solution and reaches out for an agreement with the Rockets, HE IS EQUALLY TO BLAME FOR THIS PREDICAMENT! Problems aren't solved through complaining, but solutions.. until he has one he needs to STFU, and work it out with the Rockets and not through his twitter account.
    This is the opinion of someone that knows how things work. Noone is claiming he doesnt have a problem but he wants the world to bend around him not the other way around.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    what could he sue them for?
    Discrimination if they refuse to meet him halfway in resolving his issues which they knew he had when they drafted him


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    I think Chill Will needs his own blog about protecting RW, seeing as he's highjacked this thread with his supreme moral high ground and absolute knowledge of him and his issues. Everyone else seems to be a giant A hole for not blindly sticking up for this kid. I for one think RW needs to do himself a big favor and retire from the NBA. If his condition is so extreme, then he needs to find another line of work. I'm not hating on him, if he can't cut it out to be a NBA player, do something else...Something his condition will allow him to do with out all the stress. CW, Don't bother calling me whatever names I'm sure you'll come up with, I won't respond, promise. I think your being way overly protective, bordering on obsessive when it comes to your defense of this kid. I just think he should be grateful to the Rockets for drafting him and for the paycheck, and then check out of the spotlight if he can't handle it.
    exactly, white expects the nba to cuddle him.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Discrimination if they refuse to meet him halfway in resolving his issues which they knew he had when they drafted him
    and what issues are those since you know he'l win in court?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    the world isnt fair and can never be fair for everyone, its dissappointing but its reality.
    This is exactly what my friend said! He works at the drive through window in McDonalds. You guys must know all about situations like this where millions of dollars are at stake.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •