Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 332
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    The fact that you claim to have family that committed suicide or whatever BS you are talking about does not make you right. In fact even if you are telling the truth about your "family" it does not seem that you understand much of what you are talking about.

    Maybe you should ask "your family" about these panic attacks and tell them to tell you how they feel.

    I will say it again. Saying that a person should not choose a specific profession he/she is talented and able at just because the employer does not have proper protocols in place for his/her condition is discriminatory, and insulting. If Royce where to take this to court i have no doubt that the NBA or the Rockets or whoever would come out looking pretty bad, not Royce for chasing his dreams.

    Moreover Royce is not directly involved with his contract negotiations just like any other player. Agents handle all this so if there is any fault it is more with the agent and team. There is an obvious lapse in communication here and the more likely explanation is that the Rockets did not do their homework on him and his conditions and just put a label on it like "fear of flying" and took the risk on him.

    You make it seem like Royce was the only signature required. The Rockets signed the contract just like the agent. Maybe the agent and the Rockets should not have labeled him and said to themselves "he can just take buses if he is afraid to fly" and think of only $$$. He had doctors and a medical history. Not just fear of flying.

    If the Rockets had your line of thinking and though he should not be a basketball player then maybe they would not have drafted him. Obviously SOMEONE thinks he was worth it.

    It is easier to tell a player not to become a basketball player than it is to put the proper protocols in place so that players with his conditions will be well attended to. I forgot thou... this is professional sports... Players are properties in this work environment and not worth the trouble. If this was Lebron that had this issue the Cavs would have jumped through hoops to get him all the help he needs and meet all his demands.

    You have analyzed nothing. You do not have any of the facts. You are ignorant of the situation and claiming to be some superior voice in the situation because you claim to have "family" with some random mental disorders you probably got from the internet. Your post is worthless.

    I do not claim to know anymore than you do. I am merely defending a player whose situation we do not know enough about to judge him. The media will always paint the player as the villain. Always. Keeping an objective mind without the presence of facts is key here.

    Until we see the demands he made of the Rockets that are not being disclosed by either side, we cannot judge him.
    lol he's not winning in court over anything.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,607
    vCash
    1500
    for a man with an anxiety disorder he sure seems comfortable in front of the camera. something is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    You do not know if it was the demotion itself that started this. You do not know what he goes through. I saw my friend with his condition scream at a waitress because she touched his fork with her bare hands. People with OCD are all about routines.

    You do not know that it was the demotion that set him off or something that happened within the organization that we do not know. You are labeling him as a player and therefore judging him with your preconceived notions of what a player would do when presented with a dleague demotion.

    Fact is that we do not know if it was the demotion itself that set this all off
    your friend is an ******* lol, i got some ocd and i would never do something dumb like that. if you can realize what your weakness is, you can work at it.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    1500
    I can't be in Royce White's corner as he is to vague, if you have a problem with something, complaining and not showing up isn't the answer, providing a solution is, and as of right now he hasn't done that from my understanding.

    Also it appears his problems appear when things get rough, demotion to the D-League, hell week.. Why wasn't he trying to find a solution before training camp?? he had weeks to find a solution.. but he didn't speak up..
    Last edited by Sactown; 01-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    who hasnt at some point in their life? i read somewhere between 15 to 20% of americans have it, which should mean royce isnt the only one in the nba with it and certainly not the first or last.
    The fact that you are putting a label on it just shows what a lack of understanding people have and proved Royce right in his seeking for protocols and understanding.

    Not all panic attacks are on in the same jack. Watch the video i posted and do yourself a favor. Some people may have an increase in heart rate. Some may sweat. Some hyperventilate. Some have heart attacks.

    The symptoms vary.

    If a player is asking for safe work environments then it is fair to assume his panic attacks are more on the extreme side. Either that or he is seeking attention which seems highly unlikely seeing as he is set to become an NBA player and be on television all the time.

    Something is making him feel unsafe and until the Rockets address this i agree that he should not play. Maybe some here would find it entertaining to read about a player having a heart attack backstage or dying of hyperventilation and have a good laugh about it but the reality is that these issues are very real.

    Just because we have a bunch of super men on this forum that would never admit to a fear and claim to be tough guys that can "suck it up" does not mean he needs to be this way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    Royce needs to report to the d league and play basketball, or dont. ask for your contract to be voided and find a career that better suits your condition. I understand some people have certain problems /disabilities that can be physical or mental, but everything cant stop for this one guy. Mental disorders are tough because its like opening pandoras box, physical disabilities are pretty cut n dry in that they are very visable and evident for the most part. If the rockets and NBA allows this players are going to start to abuse this kind of thing to benefit themselves or get a fairer shake. I dont wanna go to the d league so ill claim i have a disorder in order to keep myself in the big time or limelight if you will. Its a distraction to the team and sport. If im a head coach am i gonna give a guy minutes in an nba game that he doesnt belong in because of a mental disorder. I havent read too deep into this and maybe i only scratched the surface and there is more here, but my opinion is hes gotta play basketball. if a player with one arm somehow got drafted to an nba team and then they couldnt cut or demote him based on his disability i think that would look pretty ridiculous.
    1. You do not know the facts.

    2. If you wish to engage in a discussion, READ the thread. DO not just come in here. Post your opinion and leave it at that. The discussions are more productive that way because posters have already addressed your ridiculous suggestion


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    He's not mentally tough enough to play in the nba, its that easy. He does not belong. This is the highest level of sports and an entertainment business and many people dont make it for many reasons. This is the reason royce white will not make it. No amount of political correctness, lawsuits or anything else is going to change this.
    stfu and go do your homework on mental disorders.

    Find me an NBA player that had Royce's disorder and were "tough enough"

    If the NBA goes by your logic then Royce has grounds for a lawsuit. That would be discrimination. He has the skills and the talents for the job, the Rockets offered him a contract, and now they are unwilling to work with him on his issues which they KNEW when they drafted him.

    I actually hope Royce takes it to court so that the NBA will be exposed for how they treat their players.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    for a man with an anxiety disorder he sure seems comfortable in front of the camera. something is off.
    Yet another ignorant comment courtesy of PSD

    You do not know what his triggers are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    lol he's not winning in court over anything.
    Such a thoughtful response


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    The fact that you claim to have family that committed suicide or whatever BS you are talking about does not make you right. In fact even if you are telling the truth about your "family" it does not seem that you understand much of what you are talking about.

    Maybe you should ask "your family" about these panic attacks and tell them to tell you how they feel.

    I will say it again. Saying that a person should not choose a specific profession he/she is talented and able at just because the employer does not have proper protocols in place for his/her condition is discriminatory, and insulting. If Royce where to take this to court i have no doubt that the NBA or the Rockets or whoever would come out looking pretty bad, not Royce for chasing his dreams.

    Moreover Royce is not directly involved with his contract negotiations just like any other player. Agents handle all this so if there is any fault it is more with the agent and team. There is an obvious lapse in communication here and the more likely explanation is that the Rockets did not do their homework on him and his conditions and just put a label on it like "fear of flying" and took the risk on him.

    You make it seem like Royce was the only signature required. The Rockets signed the contract just like the agent. Maybe the agent and the Rockets should not have labeled him and said to themselves "he can just take buses if he is afraid to fly" and think of only $$$. He had doctors and a medical history. Not just fear of flying.

    If the Rockets had your line of thinking and though he should not be a basketball player then maybe they would not have drafted him. Obviously SOMEONE thinks he was worth it.

    It is easier to tell a player not to become a basketball player than it is to put the proper protocols in place so that players with his conditions will be well attended to. I forgot thou... this is professional sports... Players are properties in this work environment and not worth the trouble. If this was Lebron that had this issue the Cavs would have jumped through hoops to get him all the help he needs and meet all his demands.

    You have analyzed nothing. You do not have any of the facts. You are ignorant of the situation and claiming to be some superior voice in the situation because you claim to have "family" with some random mental disorders you probably got from the internet. Your post is worthless.

    I do not claim to know anymore than you do. I am merely defending a player whose situation we do not know enough about to judge him. The media will always paint the player as the villain. Always. Keeping an objective mind without the presence of facts is key here.

    Until we see the demands he made of the Rockets that are not being disclosed by either side, we cannot judge him.
    I'm the insensitive, ignorant, uninformed one, yet you question what happened involving my family with ZERO KNOWLEDGE on me or my family's history?

    I'll be sure to ask my dead cousins (yes that means more than one) how they feel about their issues again (because we did talk about them) I'll do that just as soon as someone can bring them back to life after they put bullets through their skulls.

    At least we as the general public have some knowledge of what is going on with White. You don't know ANYTHING about me or my family so SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

    You talk about things being insulting, yet have no problem trying to question me on the legitimacy of death's in my family? You're a worthless hypocrite.

    What is really worthless though is you spending hours defending someone you don't know and know nothing about. You criticize anyone who goes against him yet don't know what is going on aside from what he posts on Twitter. It's a good thing we know athletes don't lie to the media though.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    stfu and go do your homework on mental disorders.

    Find me an NBA player that had Royce's disorder and were "tough enough"

    If the NBA goes by your logic then Royce has grounds for a lawsuit. That would be discrimination. He has the skills and the talents for the job, the Rockets offered him a contract, and now they are unwilling to work with him on his issues which they KNEW when they drafted him.

    I actually hope Royce takes it to court so that the NBA will be exposed for how they treat their players.
    Give me a break this is the nba and whether he likes it or not pro athletes fall under another category , they are under a microscope. Royce White needs to go home if he feels his health is at risk. My argument is valid, and if you have a mental disorder that doesnt allow you to play pro basketball then that suck but its reality. He cant put himself in a bubble whether he has control or not hes gotta work harder on it. i just watched the video and he seems pretty calm cool and collected in front of the media

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I can't be in Royce White's corner as he is to vague, if you have a problem with something, complaining and not showing up isn't the answer, providing a solution is, and as of right now he hasn't done that from my understanding.

    Also it appears his problems appear when things get rough, demotion to the D-League, hell week.. Why wasn't he trying to find a solution before training camp?? he had weeks to find a solution.. but he didn't speak up..
    Your understanding is flawed because you do not know the facts.

    You only know what the media presents. The media presents only what they think which is derived from what they know. They know only what the teams, psychologists, Royce, and people connected tell them tell the media. Those people do not release much to the public because there are confidentiality issues as anyone that knows anything about the psychology field would know. The facts about what Royce is dealing with and what the team is willing and not willing to do for him is not known.

    Therefore we do not know enough to cast judgment on Royce.

    Several things make people think that he is the problem:

    1. The lack of understanding. Like i said we do not know anything more than what we read.

    2. He is outspoken. He calls out wrongful information and speaks his mind on what he believes

    3. The media always paints the player as the bad guy. Always.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    417
    vCash
    1500
    also thank you for quoting my post and not addressing my valid argument at all. Ignorance is bliss

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,890
    vCash
    1500
    It's more then just the flying. He has OCD which makes it hard for him to adapt to change.. I think the Rockets are at fault and should at least try and meet him half way

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Such a thoughtful response
    what could he sue them for?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •