Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If this was Lebron the Rockets would be doing anything and everything to help the kid out to make everything safe for him because they know he would bring wins and major revenue . Seeing that he's an unproven rookie not so much . Well that's how it looks by some post about this situation .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reffahead View Post
    It's simple, play him at home and nearby cities close enough for bus rides and last but not least pay him half his salary.
    That's how I see it , until he gets better he can't play any road games unless he's able to travel by car or bus.

vCash
    Cry baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRiot36 View Post
    Believe me, I'm well aware of the severity of mental disorders. That being said, his approach is what throws me off. There is one thing to go out and make a difference in the profession for others to come after you. Perfect example is Brandon Marshall of the Bears. He has taken it upon himself to become the spokesperson for athletes with bipolar disorder since he was diagnosed last year. He is representing the effected athletes in a professional manner and is working with the system to make changes that help. White is doing the opposite. He is sitting there with his hands tied behind his back wanting everything to be perfect for him before he even makes an effort. If there is no program or protocol in place, you either meet the system half way or dont enter it at all. White can easily work with the athletes and the nba to correct the issues that are problematic with him. Instead, he expects it to be done for him like a spoiled child.
    I respect your opinion and agree to an extent but you need to realize that people diagniosed with Bipolar disorder do not get panic attacks and are not at risk of death. Go on youtube or do some research on panic attacks. They are no joke. It literally feels like you are dying. Even worse the hyperventilation can even lead to death.

If a person recognizes his own triggers and refuses to participate in something that could cause him a panic attack, it is not fair to label him and say it's his fault.

Sure there are things he could have done differently but when your own personal safety is in question there is not much choice. It's easy to sit on an online forum and puff your chest out and say "just be a man" but it's not that simple for people with his condition, i am afraid.

Also you are looking at simply from a your side of it. You are looking at it from YOUR perspective meaning you think that the money, and the fame, and playing in the NBA should be enough motivation and considered "meeting in the middle". By all accounts the Rockets HAVE NOT met in the middle with him. They went an inch and wanted him to come a mile. They went 20% of the way and want him to come the other 80%

The fact that the Rockets' own team psychologist agrees with Royce is telling enough that there is something the Rockets are doing that is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    If this was Lebron the Rockets would be doing anything and everything to help the kid out to make everything safe for him because they know he would bring wins and major revenue . Seeing that he's an unproven rookie not so much . Well that's how it looks by some post about this situation .
    Fair assessment

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Cry baby
    Grow the **** up. Just because your broke *** puts high value in money does not mean he needs to. He cares about his own life and values it a lot more than anything the NBA can give him.

People are just mad that they live mediocre lives and WISH they could have the millions he could make and feel insulted that he does not put high value on money. In essence people are mad that he is a decent person.

vCash
    I have had severe anxiety and panic attacks for years. I know exactly how he feels. I missed 2 1/2 years of High School and had to do home school because of them. They are no fun, and no one knows how they are until you have dealt with them. Props to Royce White, hope he gets better! In my thoughts and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    So am i.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at an early age and only people that understand mental disorders can understand what he goes through. When he says it's "unsafe" he does not mean what YOU consider "unsafe". He has issues that you cannot possibly comprehend because you cannot feel what he does.

Just saying to him take this medication or do that and get over it is not a solution and i agree that the Rockets are viewing him as a commodity and purely from a business standpoint.

Mental disorders are REAL people! Unless you have one you cannot possibly comprehend what he goes through. Even then you still might not because you do not know what it's like for an athlete like him. It's not just flying. Athletes go through a lot of things that are tough to deal with for a person with his condition.

Also saying things like he should not have become a basketball player is a ridiculous, insulting, and discriminatory argument. He has obvious basketball talent and is physically gifted and proper protocols would prevent this from even being an issue.

Maybe the NBA needs to stop thinking of players as properties and start thinking of them as human beings.
    So was I and i think that if u have been though something like that and overcame it you would know that the way he is handling this isnt wise.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Royce white isn't helping anyone right now even himself.

2012 allstar

vCash
    I respect your opinion and agree to an extent but you need to realize that people diagniosed with Bipolar disorder do not get panic attacks and are not at risk of death. Go on youtube or do some research on panic attacks. They are no joke. It literally feels like you are dying. Even worse the hyperventilation can even lead to death.

If a person recognizes his own triggers and refuses to participate in something that could cause him a panic attack, it is not fair to label him and say it's his fault.

Sure there are things he could have done differently but when your own personal safety is in question there is not much choice. It's easy to sit on an online forum and puff your chest out and say "just be a man" but it's not that simple for people with his condition, i am afraid.

Also you are looking at simply from a your side of it. You are looking at it from YOUR perspective meaning you think that the money, and the fame, and playing in the NBA should be enough motivation and considered "meeting in the middle". By all accounts the Rockets HAVE NOT met in the middle with him. They went an inch and wanted him to come a mile. They went 20% of the way and want him to come the other 80%

The fact that the Rockets' own team psychologist agrees with Royce is telling enough that there is something the Rockets are doing that is not right.
    Did i say anywhere that he should be a man and suck it up? No. I have a medical background and said clearly that I am well aware of the complications of a panic disorder. And if you read my previous post, you would see that I used Marshall's case as an example, not a direct connection. Im not that ignorant. Yes this is from my perspective. My perspective by no means assumes that money, fame, and the NBA should make White shut up and play. You are putting words in my mouth and are giving yourself the right to extrapolate out however much you please. I am saying White should make an honest effort to honor the LEGAL CONTRACT he signed with the team and the league that he is supposed to participate in. This means working with the medical staff of the team and the front office to make some kind of arrangement.I dont think you know what meeting halfway means. It DOES NOT MEAN PUTTING HIMSELF AT RISK BY PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. For right now means getting all the issues sorted out that will eventually make it possible for him to play. By all accounts, he isnt doing that either. The team doesnt know how to proceed because they havent dealt with the problem before. No **** they dont have protocol for it. It is White's job to work with them to solve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRiot36 View Post
    Did i say anywhere that he should be a man and suck it up? No. I have a medical background and said clearly that I am well aware of the complications of a panic disorder. And if you read my previous post, you would see that I used Marshall's case as an example, not a direct connection. Im not that ignorant. Yes this is from my perspective. My perspective by no means assumes that money, fame, and the NBA should make White shut up and play. You are putting words in my mouth and are giving yourself the right to extrapolate out however much you please. I am saying White should make an honest effort to honor the LEGAL CONTRACT he signed with the team and the league that he is supposed to participate in. This means working with the medical staff of the team and the front office to make some kind of arrangement.I dont think you know what meeting halfway means. It DOES NOT MEAN PUTTING HIMSELF AT RISK BY PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. For right now means getting all the issues sorted out that will eventually make it possible for him to play. By all accounts, he isnt doing that either. The team doesnt know how to proceed because they havent dealt with the problem before. No **** they dont have protocol for it. It is White's job to work with them to solve it.
    and when he does that i can get behind him.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Have you ever had a panic attack? Have you ever experienced the hyper ventilation and the terrible feeling of thinking you are close to death and unable to do anything about it? What if this terrible feeling could be triggered by anything from an argument to public speaking or even something as common as travelling?

Anyone that does not know what it's like to have anxiety disorder should not be judging this guy just a man cannot judge a woman who says that she will not have children because she is afraid of child birth.
    Then he should have got an office job or locked himself in his house. If he cant travel then he shouldnt have signed an NBA contract that he had no intention of honouring. It seems like he signed for the publicity so he can be a spokesman for his problems.
    THE BAY IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Cry baby
    Ironic username

GOAT.

vCash
    Does anyone actually know the specific problems that he is having with the Rockets? Like what does he want from them? Specifics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    So was I and i think that if u have been though something like that and overcame it you would know that the way he is handling this isnt wise.
    My condition is nothing like Anxiety. I can relate in that i know how it feel to have people label you and misjudge you because they do not understand your condition. However i have only had a panic attack once and that was as a child so i can only imagine what he goes through on a daily basis.

Apergers and Anxiety are two completely different things.

Yes, what he is doing IS wise because that is what he believes. Wisdom is a relative term and what you consider to be wise can be vastly different to what he sees as wise. He wants proper protocols so that he can feel safe as an NBA player with his condition. He does not want to be at risk for panic attacks as he goes through the hassles and rigorous work schedules of the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4WFg8Ms39w

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sadYeLHKU

and understand that Royce deals with both of these things so the solutions that the first video suggests are not as easy for Royce.

Please be objective and empathetic before you judge the guy.

If you were an iron worker and they did not have proper protocols in place to make you feel safe when you are a thousand feet up building a skyscraper, would you get up there for all the money in the world?

If your answer is yes, then you put a lot of value on money and cannot possibly understand where Royce is coming from. If your answer is no then maybe you can understand why he feels he needs to fight for this.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast