Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 332
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,835
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Just because he is grateful for the opportunity does not mean he should do things he deems as unsafe. of course he is grateful! He was not even projected to go in the first round! Frankly i think the Rockets misjudged the situation and put a label on him (fear of flying) and now are surprised that gasp it's more than fear of flying that he deals with.

    The opportunity of a lifetime? That makes it seem like the Rockets did not see $$$ when they saw him. There is no question that he was a top 3 talent in the draft. They felt it was worth the risk. They did not envision the negative publicity that would arise from this.
    its all in his mind, flying isnt unsafe but a lot of people are afraid of it and yet do it. he must know if an nba plane goes down ( when's the last time btw?) its not gonna be just him that dies, everyone dies. everyone realizes that and continues to fly, but not royce.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    I would liken the risk of a panic attack causing death to that of being struck by lightning or being hit by a meteor.
    Which is why i consider your opinion to be ridiculous. Don't you understand that it does not matter what you think. After hours arguing do you not get it?

    It is about what you think or feel. It is what White feels when he gets a panic attack. If the man feels unsafe then it means his panic attacks are of the extreme kind. If you think he is being dishonest about the intensity of his panic attacks than what you are inferring is that he is lying and that in itself is nothing more than your opinion which at this point is hard to even respect.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 01-17-2013 at 11:24 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    I just scoured the web in search of death related panic attacks and every medical site states that panic attacks do not cause death.
    Thats because it doesnt happen haha , panic attack is the release of hormones, not malfunction of internal organs. I might tend to agree that someone may commit suicide because they beleive they have an issue that cant be resolved, but people are messed up for any number of reasons, but as far as legitimate health threatening thing, it isnt

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,835
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I still go back to the very simple premise that no one made him become a basketball player and sign a contract where one of his very main obligations was to travel and fly.

    He very much went out of his way before the draft to show this shouldn deter teams from drafting him and he could handle the NBA. I may not understand what a panic attack feels like but I have common sense, he didn't need to sign a contract to play in the NBA to become righteous light for those with a disability.

    He could have done that on so many other levels. This is the NBA, this is celebrity, this is millions of dollars to play a game. It's not going to change and really it shouldn't if a guy can't travel, IE he can't get to work.

    I couldn't apply for a job, get hired and then refuse to go to work because I have an anxiety disorder that makes me afraid to be on the roads, and then blame my work for my doing enough for me.
    good post. like you said he has a chance to make millions, he's so lucky he's talented enough to be even in that spot. otherwise he'd be ****'d in the real world.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Huh?

    You know absolutely nothing about my life and it is my education and tendency to make up my own mind as opposed to following what the media says like a sheep, that makes me able to comprehend the real life complexity of the situation.

    The fact that you view life in a "do not rock the boat, go with the flow" mentality shows that it is not i that has the flawed view of life. keep in mind that it was only the people that want against the grain and were not afraid to make waves in the world and refused to accept "thats just the way life is", it was only those people that made a difference in the world. I should not have to give names.

    Chastise this guy all you want for fighting for what he believes in and refusing to allow people to make him into a commodity that should work even if he feels unsafe but frankly that is just plain ignorant.

    That is the mentality of people that have no future or place in the world. People pissed off that they work as waiters at the Cheese Cake Factory at 39ys old
    There it is again. What is "Unsafe" about his job? What is so unsafe that the Rockets need to change "XY&Z"to cater to his needs, and what needs are these?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    I just scoured the web in search of death related panic attacks and every medical site states that panic attacks do not cause death.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...r-can-kill-you

    Panic attacks in an of themselves are very uncomfortable and can prevent us from doing things normally but it is not the panic attacks that can kill you.

    Also just because something is not always fatal does not change the fact that a person may feel unsafe while doing things


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,998
    vCash
    1500
    If he feels "Unsafe" as a Rocket, he'll surely feel unsafe as an employee anywhere then.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    if walmart hired some one that was handicapped and told them they were going to be greeters and then then said hey go unload this truck or your fired it would be wrong because when they probably didnt agree on doing physical labor. But RW signed a contract saying what he would do wich is play basketball
    It's not so cut and dry. Playing basketball in an of itself is not an issue. He has been doing it his whole life. You do not know why he is refusing to play and what terms he has been asking to be met in order for him to play. Terms which may or may not have been discussed prior to him signing the deal


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Huh?

    You know absolutely nothing about my life and it is my education and tendency to make up my own mind as opposed to following what the media says like a sheep, that makes me able to comprehend the real life complexity of the situation.

    The fact that you view life in a "do not rock the boat, go with the flow" mentality shows that it is not i that has the flawed view of life. keep in mind that it was only the people that want against the grain and were not afraid to make waves in the world and refused to accept "thats just the way life is", it was only those people that made a difference in the world. I should not have to give names.

    Chastise this guy all you want for fighting for what he believes in and refusing to allow people to make him into a commodity that should work even if he feels unsafe but frankly that is just plain ignorant.

    That is the mentality of people that have no future or place in the world. People pissed off that they work as waiters at the Cheese Cake Factory at 39ys old
    Just as you claim i dont know you, you do not know me will. If anything i rock the boat buddy, , but ppl with disorders continue to hide behind their medications and not addressing their issues, you my friend are the sheep. Your the guy that believes the world/your govvy cares about you as a person you are the one that just goes along with whatever your doctor tells you. Medical proffesional does not equate to making decisions i dont approve of for myself.
    Last edited by SeekTheTruth; 01-17-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: misread

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    its crazy to think this clown is refusing to play in the nba and get millions because he cant overcome panic attacks when there are people around the world that would kill to be in his position with the same disorder.
    Not all disorders are the same even the ones that are diagnosed similarly and just because certain broke *** people hate their boring mediocre lives and put high value on money does not mean he should let go of his morals and ignore his virtues. The man wants to be able to play basketball safely.

    That is all that is known. Whether his terms are unrealistic or whether the Rockets are just failing to follow through on their end of the bargain is what we do not know


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    3,907
    vCash
    992
    This guy needs to stop talking and either play NBA basketball or start an internet blog.


    It's Jan 2013 and this guy is talking in circles now.


    The Knicks are back!

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    1500
    Fact: Royce White pursued an NBA career
    Fact: An NBA career involves frequently traveling
    Fact: Royce White signed a contact to become an NBA player.

    So with these facts White pursued a career in which he knew his condition would inhibit him from doing his job. Now White is protesting because it's not fair to him? It's not fair to have known the conditions that were involved with having an NBA career? So the NBA should conform to him when he knew full well what is expected of an NBA player?

    This guy is sabotaging anyone else in the NBA or anyone pursuing an NBA career from publicly announcing they have a mental disorder.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,835
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kucka View Post
    Fact: Royce White pursued an NBA career
    Fact: An NBA career involves frequently traveling
    Fact: Royce White signed a contact to become an NBA player.

    So with these facts White pursued a career in which he knew his condition would inhibit him from doing his job. Now White is protesting because it's not fair to him? It's not fair to have known the conditions that were involved with having an NBA career? So the NBA should conform to him when he knew full well what is expected of an NBA player?

    This guy is sabotaging anyone else in the NBA or anyone pursuing an NBA career from public announcing they have a mental disorder.
    take them court lol.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Anyways this is not an issue in sports any longer, ive turned a corner i dont want to get into in regards to this conversation , mostly cuz its bed time

    Will i respect your passion, but not your opinions. There are harder questions at the heart of this that your not addressing. But i love to argue and youve made a hell of an entertaining couple hours for me, very thought provoking that some people do think the way you do. If you present some kind of solution or reason of how it could possibly work without massive implications in the future im all ears but i havent heard anything from you yet that warrants me to consider your position

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    522
    vCash
    1500
    Mr. Chill Will refuses any opinions on the subject. So I clearly stated some facts regarding this issue. No BS involved. How do you possibly counter that argument. Please show me what I am missing?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •