vCash
    I'm in his corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I'm in his corner.
    Yup, me too. Absolutely.

vCash
    So am i.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at an early age and only people that understand mental disorders can understand what he goes through. When he says it's "unsafe" he does not mean what YOU consider "unsafe". He has issues that you cannot possibly comprehend because you cannot feel what he does.

Just saying to him take this medication or do that and get over it is not a solution and i agree that the Rockets are viewing him as a commodity and purely from a business standpoint.

Mental disorders are REAL people! Unless you have one you cannot possibly comprehend what he goes through. Even then you still might not because you do not know what it's like for an athlete like him. It's not just flying. Athletes go through a lot of things that are tough to deal with for a person with his condition.

Also saying things like he should not have become a basketball player is a ridiculous, insulting, and discriminatory argument. He has obvious basketball talent and is physically gifted and proper protocols would prevent this from even being an issue.

Maybe the NBA needs to stop thinking of players as properties and start thinking of them as human beings.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 01-17-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I would have to know way more when he says that it is "unsafe" to form a proper opinion, but he really just sounds like he is whining

vCash
    I can't watch it on my iPhone, any key talking points?

vCash
    I still think hes milking it. I mean, what are the Rockets supposed to do? Its a panic disorder. He's not schizophrenic. They're doing whatever they can to keep the player they're paying millions of dollars to and White is making no effort whatsoever to honor the contract he signed. Hes equally at fault here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I would have to know way more when he says that it is "unsafe" to form a proper opinion, but he really just sounds like he is whining
    Have you ever had a panic attack? Have you ever experienced the hyper ventilation and the terrible feeling of thinking you are close to death and unable to do anything about it? What if this terrible feeling could be triggered by anything from an argument to public speaking or even something as common as travelling?

Anyone that does not know what it's like to have anxiety disorder should not be judging this guy just a man cannot judge a woman who says that she will not have children because she is afraid of child birth.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 01-17-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I can't watch it on my iPhone, any key talking points?
    Bunch of entitled bull about how the Rockets are only treating him as a piece of meat and a commodity. Complete refusal to accept how the world of professional sports works, refusal to accept that pro athletes are paid to produce physically and not for their uniqueness as human beings.

Saying he's not reporting to D-League because it is an unsafe environment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRiot36 View Post
    I still think hes milking it. I mean, what are the Rockets supposed to do? Its a panic disorder. He's not schizophrenic. They're doing whatever they can to keep the player they're paying millions of dollars to and White is making no effort whatsoever to honor the contract he signed. Hes equally at fault here.
    Jobs across america have protocols in place for physically handicapped people. Some of the top companies in the world make sure that physical limitations are not a barrier in finding the moist talented employees.

Mental disabilities are just as big as physical ones. Just because you cannot relate because you do not have one does not make the situation any different.

People with mental disabilities should be able to pursue their dreams just as much as a person with a physical disability.

Royce is right. What the NBA and frankly most companies in the world lack is understanding and proper protocols. By not fighting and just going with what the Rockets are asking of him like a sheep, he would not only be doing a disservice to himself but to anyone that has a mental disability and hopes to one day over come it and have a productive life.

This is not a personal vendetta against the Rockets. It's against the NBA and all of professional sports in general as well as all the employers across the U.S. that do not acknowledge mental disorders and do not have proper protocols in place to help people.

Empathy could go a long way.

EDIT: Even the assigned psychologist that the Rockets assigned to Royce agrees with him and has been reported many times. That should tell you something.

Also citing West and Artest is unproductive and frankly stupid. They have completely different mental disabilities than Royce.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 01-17-2013 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Bunch of entitled bull about how the Rockets are only treating him as a piece of meat and a commodity. Complete refusal to accept how the world of professional sports works, refusal to accept that pro athletes are paid to produce physically and not for their uniqueness as human beings.

Saying he's not reporting to D-League because it is an unsafe environment?
    This is how sheep think, Go with the flow and do not make waves just because "it's how the world of professional sports works"

Just like a physical limitation should not impede a doctor from helping people, a mental disability should not impede Royce from taking his talents and physical abilities as far as he can. He has the talent and physical ability to be a basketball player and if simple protocols and acknowledgement were in place this would not even be an issue.

FYI he is not just dealing with anxiety. He has been diagnosed with multiple mental disorders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    So am i.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at an early age and only people that understand mental disorders can understand what he goes through. When he says it's "unsafe" he does not mean what YOU consider "unsafe". He has issues that you cannot possibly comprehend because you cannot feel what he does.

Just saying to him take this medication or do that and get over it is not a solution and i agree that the Rockets are viewing him as a commodity and purely from a business standpoint.

Mental disorders are REAL people! Unless you have one you cannot possibly comprehend what he goes through. Even then you still might not because you do not know what it's like for an athlete like him. It's not just flying. Athletes go through a lot of things that are tough to deal with for a person with his condition.

Also saying things like he should not have become a basketball player is a ridiculous, insulting, and discriminatory argument. He has obvious basketball talent and is physically gifted and proper protocols would prevent this from even being an issue.

Maybe the NBA needs to stop thinking of players as properties and start thinking of them as human beings.
    Great post

vCash
    They need to trade him to a team that does not care about the money and is willing to spend to ensure the players are comfortable. Dallas, Portland, Miami, Brooklyn, Knicks, Lakers seem like good destinations. Ideally he should be playing on a team on the east coast where the travel schedule is more forgiving.

I think one of the Atlantic division teams would be good because they have the easiest travel schedule in the league with their inter divisional road games being so close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Jobs across america have protocols in place for physically handicapped people. Some of the top companies in the world make sure that physical limitations are not a barrier in finding the moist talented employees.

Mental disabilities are just as big as physical ones. Just because you cannot relate because you do not have one does not make the situation any different.

People with mental disabilities should be able to pursue their dreams just as much as a person with a physical disability.

Royce is right. What the NBA and frankly most companies in the world lack is understanding and proper protocols. By not fighting and just going with what the Rockets are asking of him like a sheep, he would not only be doing a disservice to himself but to anyone that has a mental disability and hopes to one day over come it and have a productive life.

This is not a personal vendetta against the Rockets. It's against the NBA and all of professional sports in general as well as all the employers across the U.S. that do not acknowledge mental disorders and do not have proper protocols in place to help people.

Empathy could go a long way.

EDIT: Even the assigned psychologist that the Rockets assigned to Royce agrees with him and has been reported many times. That should tell you something.
    Believe me, I'm well aware of the severity of mental disorders. That being said, his approach is what throws me off. There is one thing to go out and make a difference in the profession for others to come after you. Perfect example is Brandon Marshall of the Bears. He has taken it upon himself to become the spokesperson for athletes with bipolar disorder since he was diagnosed last year. He is representing the effected athletes in a professional manner and is working with the system to make changes that help. White is doing the opposite. He is sitting there with his hands tied behind his back wanting everything to be perfect for him before he even makes an effort. If there is no program or protocol in place, you either meet the system half way or dont enter it at all. No one told him to sign a multi-million dollar contract in a league with no protocols for his specific mental illness. He should have some desire to honor the commitment that he made. White can easily work with his and the nba to correct and find solutions for the issues that are problematic with him. Instead, he expects it to be done for him like a spoiled child and make all his money in the meantime.
    Last edited by RenegadeRiot36; 01-17-2013 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    It's simple, play him at home and nearby cities close enough for bus rides and last but not least pay him half his salary.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast