Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to tank?

vCash
    If we ever did decide to just bust this circus up we could land some pretty decent futures you'd have to assume. Especially with Kessel, Phaneuf, JVR and others on the team. Could net decent returns in the way of prospects/picks/good young player ect.

vCash
    What would we trade Kessel for though?? Where is the offense going to come from because our defense is still utter garbage.

Also what's the point of trading a franchise like defensemen for JVR only to end up trading him in the end?? He's still 23, I would keep him in the core to his big body and skills will be really useful for us.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I have been saying they should deal Kessel for months. A long time. He's not a good leader, he's crappy defensively and he's streaky as hell.

People get on my *** when I say they should deal him. To be honest I think they should... and I would be pleased with it. I think one reason for not trading him is it obviously makes the Leafs look bad because of the trade that brought him here, evidentally proving they lost the trade.

But yeah I'd be all for it. They would sure as hell get a lot for him. Deal him back to Boston for Seguin and Malcolm Subban, and then trade Phaneuf or buy him out and go after P.K.

Hahaha man am I an amazing GM or what. Problem solved.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    JVR won't be going anywhere. Believe or not Kessel would go before him. Phaneuf who knows, I doubt it because he's captain.

MaCarthur will be gone, Komisarek hopefully.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I have been saying they should deal Kessel for months. A long time. He's not a good leader, he's crappy defensively and he's streaky as hell.

People get on my *** when I say they should deal him. To be honest I think they should... and I would be pleased with it. I think one reason for not trading him is it obviously makes the Leafs look bad because of the trade that brought him here, evidentally proving they lost the trade.

But yeah I'd be all for it. They would sure as hell get a lot for him. Deal him back to Boston for Seguin and Malcolm Subban, and then trade Phaneuf or buy him out and go after P.K.

Hahaha man am I an amazing GM or what. Problem solved.
    Weren't you the same guy who was all over me for suggesting to buy out Phaneuf last year if a trade couldn't be made

vCash
    ^ That was most likely me, it's not a very wise idea to be buying out young dmen who are capable of putting up 40 pts and play 25 mins a game not matter how overpaid you think they are, but hey what do i know right? your the one and only guy in the world who thought Burke should be fired.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    ^ That was most likely me, it's not a very wise idea to be buying out young dmen who are capable of putting up 40 pts and play 25 mins a game not matter how overpaid you think they are, but hey what do i know right? your the one and only guy in the world who thought Burke should be fired.
    Figured it was either him or you...this team needs to be completely gutted...the only players I wouldn't move are Reilly and JVR...anyone else better have their bags packed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    What would we trade Kessel for though?? Where is the offense going to come from because our defense is still utter garbage.

Also what's the point of trading a franchise like defensemen for JVR only to end up trading him in the end?? He's still 23, I would keep him in the core to his big body and skills will be really useful for us.
    I didn't say trade them I was merely pointing out which of our players could net the greatest return is all. Also if you think Luke Schenn was a franchise like defensemen or ever will be I feel bad. Franchise players can skate and out think the common house pet.

vCash
    Well Nonis better decide soon. I wouldn't trade Kessel unless i get the feeling he won't re-sign, if he does get traded this deadline is the time to do it as he'll still have a year and a half on his deal.

The best trade for Kessel would be a contending team in need of a top line sniper, St. Louis, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh. St. Louis i would ask for Allen (Goalie), Phoenix i would ask for Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Dman), and Pitt would have to give us Maata (Dman). Kessel could get us more but those are the main pieces i would ask for along with a first rounder THIS YEAR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I didn't say trade them I was merely pointing out which of our players could net the greatest return is all. Also if you think Luke Schenn was a franchise like defensemen or ever will be I feel bad. Franchise players can skate and out think the common house pet.
    I don't think Luke will be a franchise dman but i do think he will be a VERY good shutdown guy someday.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Weren't you the same guy who was all over me for suggesting to buy out Phaneuf last year if a trade couldn't be made
    No. I was just defending him saying he's not as bad as you make him out to be and that we didn't give him that contract... which we didn't. Calgary did.

Either way my point was to justify gutting the team and going with youth.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Lolol yeah our opinion doesn't matter Lavy knows everything.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    You can't buy out Phaneuf. You can get something tangible back in a trade for him if it's decided he's to be moved. Won't ever come to a buyout.

vCash
    Well Nonis better decide soon. I wouldn't trade Kessel unless i get the feeling he won't re-sign, if he does get traded this deadline is the time to do it as he'll still have a year and a half on his deal.

The best trade for Kessel would be a contending team in need of a top line sniper, St. Louis, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh. St. Louis i would ask for Allen (Goalie), Phoenix i would ask for Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Dman), and Pitt would have to give us Maata (Dman). Kessel could get us more but those are the main pieces i would ask for along with a first rounder THIS YEAR.
    Problem with that is if Kessel goes to a team like St. Louis or Pittsburgh, they are even more stacked and thus more likely to make it into the playoffs and closer to a cup resulting in a very low pick. So yes while it's great to get a pick tossed in, it would turn into a low one nonetheless.

But if you deal Kessel it has to be at the deadline this year I would say. Actually nevermind, he's not a UFA until next year but still. I'd rather sooner then later IF that's the route they take... and demand a good piece like a young goalie, or a quality prospect.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    You can't buy out Phaneuf. You can get something tangible back in a trade for him if it's decided he's to be moved. Won't ever come to a buyout.
    Tell that to Lavy and his right hand man Terminator or whatevr his name is. I went back and fourth in one thread as they were saying we overpaid for Phaneuf (even though we didn't give him 6.5 mill) and that he's the most logical guy to be bought out.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast