Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to tank?

vCash
    Shhhhh the Leafs are winning the Stanley Cup this year

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    How much money they do nothing out of the gate and with 10 games to go they blow their top 5 pick. Boyd Devereaux all over again.
    Starting to look like I should have bet you on this one...it's how it works with the Leafs...they play well when there is no pressure/expectations on them.

vCash
    Bob Mac made a good point. Weeks 1-3 don't mean much. Anyone can really win as teams are just getting back at it. By week 4 everyone should be up to snuff and teams will separate themselves.

vCash
    Fair enough but in an early season, every early win about twice as much.

Leafs are at 67.3% liklihood at the playoffs right now.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern.html

Obviously, its early but even considering how early it is, we are now 6.25% into the season.

Just got to keep it up for another 93 per cent

vCash
    I would like to see us make the playoffs but I don't know if it'll help the team. Playoff experience is so key but chances are we would only see 4-7 games of playoff action IF we made them.

I think I would rather see us tank it for this shortened season, draft high, and come back swinging after an off season of dumping dead contracts and signing a big time goalie.

Realistically, we have a shot at McKinnon, Jones, Drouin, Monahan, and whoever else is in the top 5 or 6.

vCash
    As much as I want us to win, the fact of the matter is that we still don't have a starting goalie. Until we replace Scrivens or Reimer, playoffs aren't happening. So we might as well keep losing and at least get something out of it. Although knowing us, I'm sure we'll start winning right towards the end and come in 11th again. This sounds so cynical but Leafs culture has made me this way.

vCash
    I root for the team to win until the playoffs becomes too unrealistic (under 10% or uner 5% liklhood) and then I'll start turning over to the tank brigade

vCash
    Im on board if we are out come march 20th.., no training camp with preseason games = a rusty 10 games...look around the league and you will see not every team has their **** together...2-2 start is better the 0-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Im on board if we are out come march 20th.., no training camp with preseason games = a rusty 10 games...look around the league and you will see not every team has their **** together...2-2 start is better the 0-4
    Not in the time to tank thread......
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Not in the time to tank thread......
    Hahaha exactly.

It's weird, I obviously root for them every time they play and am really into the games, cheering and whatnot, but another side of me wants them to lose because I want to see a good draft pick here, and hopefully a top 10 lottery pick.

That's bad to admit but it's how I see it and feel. So although I want them to win, another big part of me is fine with them not winning and being the crappiest team in the league in order to get a guy like MaCkinnon, or Drouin...

So it'll be interesting to see what Nonis does. They haven't looked good let's be honest. They looked brutal against the Islanders, and blew another lead against the Rangers. Carlyle is playing Phaneuf and Kostka like they are horses in a race... the team's a mess to be honest.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Hahaha exactly.

It's weird, I obviously root for them every time they play and am really into the games, cheering and whatnot, but another side of me wants them to lose because I want to see a good draft pick here, and hopefully a top 10 lottery pick.

That's bad to admit but it's how I see it and feel. So although I want them to win, another big part of me is fine with them not winning and being the crappiest team in the league in order to get a guy like MaCkinnon, or Drouin...

So it'll be interesting to see what Nonis does. They haven't looked good let's be honest. They looked brutal against the Islanders, and blew another lead against the Rangers. Carlyle is playing Phaneuf and Kostka like they are horses in a race... the team's a mess to be honest.
    I was go Leafs go until the Islanders game. Now its time to call a spade a spade. We need to rebuild. Gardiner,Kessel,Lupul and Kadri stay everything else can go. Sick of the push for 8th.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    ^ Yeah the Islanders game threw me off too. Keep the young corps and get a good draft pick.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I'd rather just make a push for a high pick right now. Watching the Oilers this year, minus the inconsistencies of Dubnyk and their defence, show just how lethal that offense will be in a year or 2.

vCash
    Just reading some articles today. One most notably by Damien Cox where he suggests trading Phil Kessel. Him and Howard Berger have been saying this since the summer time. Now on HockeyCentral at Noon today they were having the same discussion about trading Kessel, trading Phaneuf and tanking. Well as they put it "Letting nature take it's course". It's not something new to discuss on our forum here but it seems to be getting talked about ALOT more in the media now. Hearing that Jake Gardiner, Morgan Rielly and our 1st round pick should be the only untouchables on the roster.

Thoughts?

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I couldn't have said it any better myself...blow this team up and start the rebuild

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast