Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to tank?

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingersox View Post
    jones finished ahead of mackinnon in the latest rankings but i'd bet a good chunk of change that over 1/2 of the teams in the league would take mackinnon. If a team like the oilers pick 1st you know they'll take jones. If we pick first we'd be absolute idiots to not take mackinnon. There's the #1 center we've been crying and *****ing for since mats farvre left. #1 centres don't become avaliable via trade or fa very often. I wouldn't anticipate getzlaf coming here either so i wouldn't plan anything i do around that dream. I think jones and mackinnon are neck and neck and any team picking first will pick by position. We've got so many talented young d men that have yet to play yet our situation at centre is amongst the worst in the league.
    love it!!!!

vCash
    Haha I loved the guy Lavy but they way he left the team I'll never be able to get on board with. Basically did what he said he would never do and we didn't get so much as a 7th rounder at the end of the day. Pissed me off lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Komisarek has no value even at 2.5m. It's negative value, either buy out or deal him with picks, which won't happen, or he's with Toronto most likely.

Every big market team has the same budget, essentially. Anaheim has no reason to not match an offer, and Perry/Getz have no incentive to leave. Everything you liste makes sense for Toronto but no one elae
    A team looking to make the salary cap floor might welcome a cap hit of 4.5 and to be only actually paying 2.5.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Jones finished ahead of MacKinnon in the latest rankings but I'd bet a good chunk of change that over 1/2 of the teams in the league would take MacKinnon. If a team like the Oilers pick 1st you know they'll take Jones. If we pick first we'd be absolute idiots to not take MacKinnon. There's the #1 center we've been crying and *****ing for since Mats Farvre left. #1 centres don't become avaliable via trade or FA very often. I wouldn't anticipate Getzlaf coming here either so I wouldn't plan anything I do around that dream. I think Jones and MacKinnon are neck and neck and any team picking first will pick by position. We've got so many talented young D men that have yet to play yet our situation at centre is amongst the worst in the league.
    I can't argue with you that mackinnon is still probably the better choice, for what we are lacking at the moment, but i personally think we would be missing out in the long run. Jones and Reilly together would be a cornerstone to build a championship team.

I literally laughed out loud when I read Mats Favre! I tried to explain it to my wife when she asked what was soo funny and she looked at me like I had three heads..

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Mats Favre definately tops The Sweedish Meatball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs1980 View Post
    I can't argue with you that mackinnon is still probably the better choice, for what we are lacking at the moment, but i personally think we would be missing out in the long run. Jones and Reilly together would be a cornerstone to build a championship team.
    No arguement. It's my opinion we need the centre in the long run. Every lethal team has a horse down the middle. MacKinnon's the only guy in the draft I'd take over Jones. But it's still months to the draft so opinions may change including mine. But yeah Seth Jones and Rielly would be a silly pair. Close to a 30 minute a night pairing if they develope properly.

vCash
    I've been saying this for a while but IMO Seth Jones >>>> anyone else in this draft. I understand that people want to pick a centre but i just want the BPA and the one that is most likely to play and succeed in the NHL, and Jones is that player IMO.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I think MacKinnon's the guy and as much as I try to take my Nova Scotia bias out of it it's tough not to let a little shine through. Obviously the Leafs getting the kid would be the best possible scenerio for me personally. Another reason I like MacKinnon more.. check the DOB. Seth Jones is almost a full year older than MacKinnon and yet they're neck and neck. I doubt we end up with either but I'd be thrilled to have either one of them.

vCash
    Well at least we can agree in that either one would be a win.

vCash
    Haha I loved the guy Lavy but they way he left the team I'll never be able to get on board with. Basically did what he said he would never do and we didn't get so much as a 7th rounder at the end of the day. Pissed me off lol.
    People change their minds. He was completely in his rights to do what he did. It also is a micro part of his entire career as one of the classiest members of this franchise's history.

vCash
    Mackinnon did not impress me much with Team Canada to be honest, but at the same time, it's not fair because he had 4th line minutes. I liked what I saw from Drouin a ton. Seth Jones is ****ing unreal, as of now, I take Seth Jones over Mackinnon. He's silky smooth, and everything you want in a defenseman. Seth Jones, Jake Gardiner, Dion Phaneuf, Morgan Rielly. That's the top 4 of the future.

vCash
    Question from Sens fan here. How long do you guys expect to be locked into the rebuilding process if you are indeed rebuilding? What I'm getting from some of you is "I want a full rebuild, but I don't want to do it for any longer than one season".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Question from Sens fan here. How long do you guys expect to be locked into the rebuilding process if you are indeed rebuilding? What I'm getting from some of you is "I want a full rebuild, but I don't want to do it for any longer than one season".
    ****Throw rocks at sense fan*****

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I think MacKinnon's the guy and as much as I try to take my Nova Scotia bias out of it it's tough not to let a little shine through. Obviously the Leafs getting the kid would be the best possible scenerio for me personally. Another reason I like MacKinnon more.. check the DOB. Seth Jones is almost a full year older than MacKinnon and yet they're neck and neck. I doubt we end up with either but I'd be thrilled to have either one of them.
    100% correct, MacKinnon is the man for the future.

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    The Leafs won't get any of these guys because they won't be bad enough to do it. In a season this short you never know, they could make the playoffs because of a single hot streak. I'd love a top pick too, but can't see it happen.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast