Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to tank?

vCash
    And Schenn was and never will be a franchise d man. He's going to turn into one of those Brad Stuart like guys... drafted extremely high but never really turns into anything more then a somewhat decent shutdown guy.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Tell that to Lavy and his right hand man Terminator or whatevr his name is. I went back and fourth in one thread as they were saying we overpaid for Phaneuf (even though we didn't give him 6.5 mill) and that he's the most logical guy to be bought out.
    Show me where I said we overpaid for Phaneuf? He signed that deal in Calgary and the Leafs were foolish enough to take the bait on it. It's one thing to be foolish enough to overpay a player, but it's another thing to trade for one on a contract like that. Sure it was for spare parts, but that's a big cap hit for what Phaneuf does.

vCash
    Luke they know we didn't hand Phaneuf the 6.5 million. I just think it's at the point now where the trade happened a few years ago and the honeymoon with Phaneuf is over. So the cap hit/play/leadership are all in fair play now to critique or praise. Especially considering the state of the team since he's been here. (Which is not his fault by himself but with the C comes the lightning rod in TO.)

vCash
    I don't disagree with what he's saying, I just think that trade (at the time) was a great move for the franchise. We got rid of guys who were ten times worst then Phaneuf.

However I too am a realist and agree that Phaneuf may need to go soon.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Problem with that is if Kessel goes to a team like St. Louis or Pittsburgh, they are even more stacked and thus more likely to make it into the playoffs and closer to a cup resulting in a very low pick. So yes while it's great to get a pick tossed in, it would turn into a low one nonetheless.

But if you deal Kessel it has to be at the deadline this year I would say. Actually nevermind, he's not a UFA until next year but still. I'd rather sooner then later IF that's the route they take... and demand a good piece like a young goalie, or a quality prospect.
    There are a few late picks i have my eye on personally. Kerby Rychel (~25) Solid 2-way guy with good offensive instincts Curtis Lazar (~25) a solid team guy with tremendous offense skill, raw but talented and Zach Furcale (~25) maybe the most athletic goalie in the draft. Of course there is also Max Domi, and the possibilty of using that pick to trade up.

Tell that to Lavy and his right hand man Terminator or whatevr his name is. I went back and fourth in one thread as they were saying we overpaid for Phaneuf (even though we didn't give him 6.5 mill) and that he's the most logical guy to be bought out.
    Just because we have 2 buyouts doesn't mean we have to use them. I would actually use that as a trade chip, offer to use MLSE money to buyout a player some teams can't afford and that we don't want in return for a player we do want. Far fetched but i would explore anything and everything to get the best deal.

vCash
    If we lose out on Jones and out of the top 10 i wouldn't mind Darnell Nurse. The guy is HUGE and i saw a highlight pack of him throwing guys off the puck. Not nearly as talented as Jones but i personally would take Domi or any other centreman in the 10-20 range over Nurse if we had that pick.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I've seen Darnell Nurse play a lot over the past 2 seasons and he is a man playing against boys in the OHL...good blood lines too (cousin is Donovan McNabb)...I would take him in the late teens if he's still available

vCash
    hahahaha

vCash
    I'd hate to deal Kessel, I don't think he's a franchise guy but the thought of Mckinnon and Kessel on a line together would be unreal. What have we always said? if only Kessel had a center. He's never had that. Compare dealing Kessel to others, what Columbus got for Nash and Carter. You won't be getting a top pick, you'll get that great prospect or two, and that would need to be the focus. A team like the Blues has a great shot at the cup along with the prospects, you'd have to believe they'd be interested.

vCash
    The thing I keep coming back to is how many players do we have currently that play the style that Carlyle wants? I would frame my rebuild around this question and many of the players on the roster would be traded including Kessel, Grabovski, Bozak, Liles, Gunnarson, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    The thing I keep coming back to is how many players do we have currently that play the style that Carlyle wants? I would frame my rebuild around this question and many of the players on the roster would be traded including Kessel, Grabovski, Bozak, Liles, Gunnarson, etc.
    Carlyle was Burke's guy. People in the media seem to indicate that Nonis wanted Eakins when Wilson was canned. Eventually, teams are gonna come calling for Dallas and Nonis will have to make a decision. Keep Carlyle, who isn't his guy and allow Eakins to walk or fire Carlyle and make Eakins the head coach. Dallas may be the best coach not in the NHL, he's at least in the mix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Carlyle was Burke's guy. People in the media seem to indicate that Nonis wanted Eakins when Wilson was canned. Eventually, teams are gonna come calling for Dallas and Nonis will have to make a decision. Keep Carlyle, who isn't his guy and allow Eakins to walk or fire Carlyle and make Eakins the head coach. Dallas may be the best coach not in the NHL, he's at least in the mix.
    I agree. I was in favour of Eakins being hired instead of Carlyle and would hate it if he went to another team.
    It is an interesting point you make. How long do you keep Carlyle around then? Until the end of the year? He would still have two years left on his deal.

vCash
    were going to have to make eakins our coach at the end of the season, ive grown to like carlyle a little bit, but the thought of eakins coaching another nhl team is a problem. He is too good of a coach to let him go somewhere else.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    There are a few late picks i have my eye on personally. Kerby Rychel (~25) Solid 2-way guy with good offensive instincts Curtis Lazar (~25) a solid team guy with tremendous offense skill, raw but talented and Zach Furcale (~25) maybe the most athletic goalie in the draft. Of course there is also Max Domi, and the possibilty of using that pick to trade up.

Just because we have 2 buyouts doesn't mean we have to use them. I would actually use that as a trade chip, offer to use MLSE money to buyout a player some teams can't afford and that we don't want in return for a player we do want. Far fetched but i would explore anything and everything to get the best deal.
    I watched the CHL top prospect game a few weeks back and was impressed with Hartman? He was dropping guys left and right and seem to be alright with the puck as well. Anyone know much about him, i'm kind of curious?

vCash

Are you starting again? Continuing? Or just trolling?

Who ever said anything about overpaying for Phanuef? However, being overpaid is something completely different. Try grasping the English language.

And the user name is TRIUMPHATOR, its ok, I don't expect you to understand it.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast