Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Suggestion for background color and space

Can I suggest putting a very light shade of gray on the outside of the post border like #F8F8F8 or #F0F0F0. Another option is cutting down of the wasted white space between the border of the post and the edge of the browser on the left and right side.

To me it does not matter if Im viewing it on a imac, laptop, or tv. Pure white as a background color just seems to be hard on the eyes especially if a lot of wasted space like on the left and right side outside the borders of the post.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    You have a screenshot of what I may look like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Can I suggest putting a very light shade of gray on the outside of the post border like #F8F8F8 or #F0F0F0. Another option is cutting down of the wasted white space between the border of the post and the edge of the browser on the left and right side.

To me it does not matter if Im viewing it on a imac, laptop, or tv. Pure white as a background color just seems to be hard on the eyes especially if a lot of wasted space like on the left and right side outside the borders of the post.
    Thanks for the suggestion on the color edit. We'll take it into consideration.

We won't be cutting down on "white space" on the left and right side because we need the ad space for special ad buys.

PSD's background color has always been white. I'm not sure what has motivated this anti-white background uproar since the upgrade on Tuesday, but we'll take it into consideration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post

We won't be cutting down on "white space" on the left and right side because we need the ad space for special ad buys.

PSD's background color has always been white. I'm not sure what has motivated this anti-white background uproar since the upgrade on Tuesday, but we'll take it into consideration.
    It's cause you guys haven't put the team colors in so each page looks exactly the same.

vCash
    Team colors are coming.

vCash

The white is quite bright. I like the style of background ESPN & SI uses and quite a few others do. Gives it a page within a page look. I'd love to have a skin that takes away the white on the left & right side to a light gray or something else dark. It's fine in the area where the posts are. I understand the need to leave it for full page ads but I'll never see those and a lot of others won't either. I would appreciate the option for a darker look for those of us that would like it.

vCash
    Even the background gray color of **********'s sig would be so much easier in the eyes than the pure white. It is barely noticeable, yet it is much easier on the eyes.

vCash

I forgot about the ads probably because I block them. Can you fix the "white space" of the join date, location and post area. It might be me but there a huge gap between the text and the numbers.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    I forgot about the ads probably because I block them. Can you fix the "white space" of the join date, location and post area. It might be me but there a huge gap between the text and the numbers.
    They already fixed that. Log off and clear cache/history. Then you'll be happier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    They already fixed that. Log off and clear cache/history. Then you'll be happier.
    The huge gap between Join Date Location etc has not been fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    The huge gap between Join Date Location etc has not been fixed.
    That's not as simple in this version for some reason, it requires custom coding. If they closed it then users with a long location name would cause a line break and look ********... It should still be possible but it may take a minute...

This thread might provide the solution for the Admins to look at

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=256914

vCash
    Team colors are coming.

vCash
    Change the shape of your avatar image and you will notice a difference. Notice nymetsrule's image size doesn't have the same issue as yours.

vCash
    Change the shape of your avatar image and you will notice a difference. Notice nymetsrule's image size doesn't have the same issue as yours.
    He's talking about this. http://gyazo.com/a4feb0d4ce7aeb8ae5027bc0cf9ac5ef

the gap

vCash
    Again, I think this is the solution. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=256914

In this class ".postbitlegacy dl.userinfo_extra dt, .postbitlegacy dl.user_rep dt" is a min-width set. Get rid of that min-width (postbit.css or overwrite it in additional.css). That same class also has a right-margin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast