Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many goals will the Islanders score opening night?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4+

2 28.57%

4 57.14%

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • Isles are a playoff team

0 0%
  • Isles are a borderline playoff team

3 42.86%
  • Isles are not a playoff team

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Fan View Post
    Our only scoring came from our D
    Yep... The offense was just not there tonight

vCash
    Well, at least the LFL season will be here in a couple months... something to look forward to....

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Fan View Post
    Well, at least the LFL season will be here in a couple months... something to look forward to....

vCash
    Why would the Isles not give Strome and Nino a shot? Instead they have all these scrubs playing. Not sure I understand the reasoning. Strome should play the 5 games and then decide if you keep him up or not. Nothing to lose by doing so. I have to believe that they are trying to bring Nino along slowly after last year. No reason not to have Strome playing tho....he is better than anyone not on the first line imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan1971 View Post
    Why would the Isles not give Strome and Nino a shot? Instead they have all these scrubs playing. Not sure I understand the reasoning. Strome should play the 5 games and then decide if you keep him up or not. Nothing to lose by doing so. I have to believe that they are trying to bring Nino along slowly after last year. No reason not to have Strome playing tho....he is better than anyone not on the first line imo.
    What tsu said makes more sense to me though... We are not playoff team this year, so don't show him off.

vCash
    Offense was horrid. So many Devils fans there. The coliseum went crazy when hamonic scored. Okposo seemed to have trouble skating

Got pretty good seats, first time I went to an Islanders season opener

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    What tsu said makes more sense to me though... We are not playoff team this year, so don't show him off.
    We're not a playoff team this year because Boulton, Reasoner, Aucoin, McDonald, Strait, and Finley are playing!

Replace those 6 with Visnovsky, Bailey, Nino/Joensuu Strome, Dononvan/Ness/Hickey, Cizikas and I think we'd have a shot at being a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Offense was horrid. So many Devils fans there. The coliseum went crazy when hamonic scored. Okposo seemed to have trouble skating

Got pretty good seats, first time I went to an Islanders season opener
    When has Okposo not had trouble skating? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    We're not a playoff team this year because Boulton, Reasoner, Aucoin, McDonald, Strait, and Finley are playing!

Replace those 6 with Visnovsky, Bailey, Nino/Joensuu Strome, Dononvan/Ness/Hickey, Cizikas and I think we'd have a shot at being a playoff team.

When has Okposo not had trouble skating? lol
    The division is so stacked with talent though. Almost half the games this year are against those teams. Playoffs might be expecting too much.

And yes, you would have thought that one of these off seasons okposo would have tried to learn to skate. Plus his constant dump and chase idea last night was not a good plan against Brodeur and the devils.

vCash
    http://video.islanders.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Nabby seems pissed. I don't blame him, he kept us in the game until the very end... I put this one on Weight, and those players Kmo mentioned...

vCash
    Yeah the division is tough but all we need to do is finish not in last to have a good shot at the playoffs. Yeah, our division is stacked, but we also dont play the West, which IMO is a better conference, and we get to play al other conference teams 3 times, It's almost the same ratio anyway.

You cant point at justy those players I mentioned because JT didnt score either ht he needs help. Strait, Boulton, Finley, Reasoner, Aucoin, and McDonald just are not NHL players. Its like Garth doesnt want to put the best team out there.

Why scratch Cizikas for ****ing Aucoin? Why dont we call up Nino? why is Boulton every allowed to play? Why do these horrendous dmen nobody wants gettign their shot over guys like Donovan and Ness etc? Its just BS, it pisses me off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Yeah the division is tough but all we need to do is finish not in last to have a good shot at the playoffs. Yeah, our division is stacked, but we also dont play the West, which IMO is a better conference, and we get to play al other conference teams 3 times, It's almost the same ratio anyway.

You cant point at justy those players I mentioned because JT didnt score either ht he needs help. Strait, Boulton, Finley, Reasoner, Aucoin, and McDonald just are not NHL players. Its like Garth doesnt want to put the best team out there.

Why scratch Cizikas for ****ing Aucoin? Why dont we call up Nino? why is Boulton every allowed to play? Why do these horrendous dmen nobody wants gettign their shot over guys like Donovan and Ness etc? Its just BS, it pisses me off
    Yep

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678