Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many goals will the Islanders score opening night?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4+

2 28.57%

4 57.14%

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • Isles are a playoff team

0 0%
  • Isles are a borderline playoff team

3 42.86%
  • Isles are not a playoff team

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Season Opener - New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders

#gameon
    Last edited by tsunami; 01-17-2013 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    and yes i get that the video is slightly bias towards boston, but i thought it was so much better than the nhl "hockey is back" commercial. plus i heard the dropkick murphys song after the lockout ended and i was hoping the islanders would take the ice to it on opening night.

vCash
    I can't even describe how excited I am. The energy level for this game and really the whole season should be off the charts. I just hope the Isles can keep up with the big boys
    SPACE

vCash
    Cant wait either. We will be a better team then the Devils this year you can book it. I see us finishing 3rd or 4th in the Atlantic this season and I hope for playoffs.

vCash
    Cant wait for opening night. Want to go to the game so ****ing badly... Trying to get Isles-Bruins tickets at the TDGarden for next Friday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Glad the season waited for me to get out of rehab (physical, not Lindsay Lohan's favorite retreat) LOL And sort of kidding .... since I wish there was no lockout...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

vCash
    LINES:
    Moulson – Tavares – Okposo
    Grabner – Nielsen – Boyes
    Ullstrom – Cizikas – McDonald
    Boulton – Reasoner/Aucoin – Martin

Streit – Martinek
    Hamonic – MacDonald
    Hickey/Finley/Carkner

Nabokov/DiPietro

Holy crap that lineup is almost worse than last year... It might be. There is absolutely no reason to keep Nino in the AHL at this point. He's ready. He's a PPG player in the AHL as a just turned 20 year old. That's damn impressive. And Strome? Guys a 2 PPG player in the OHL, by far the best he's ever played at that level. He needs to eb here, the Isles need help. It's absolute BS how these waiver wire BUSTS like Finley and Hickey get a shot on the big club before a guy like Donovan or Ness. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's like managment does;t even want to put the best possible product on the ice. Colin McDonald is a 8 year old who's played 7 NHL games. His current AHL performance is no better than his AHL performance the last 2 years, but we expect him to, at 28, all of a sudden become an NHL caliber player??? NO. We better sign someone like Tim connolly, cause even though he "sucks" and is always injured, he is good 2-ways and is adequate enough to put up enough offensive production for the 3rd line. Cizikas should be the 4th line C, and Reasoner needs to just never play for us again please. Its ridiculous. WE GOT WORSE! Lubo won't be here tip February, neither will Bailey. And Joensuu? IS McDonald one of those "hold the fort" guys tip the savior Jesse Joensuu comes back? I hope not. Our top 6 is soft as it comes. If you're that soft, at least shouldn't you ahev enough speed and skill to overcome it? Guess not. I love Frans, but until we call up Strome or get a legit 2nd line C, this team will be nothing. Matt Martin is the only player on our team who will play tough 100% of the time, besides Boulton who is essentially the next Gillies except not the worst skater of all time. His 6 minutes of ice time a night will help him become Isles MVP! This is absolutely ridiculous how Snow and Wag and Cappy are perfectly fine with putting the fans through another year of agony. Loyal Isles fans ask "Why are the "experts" picking the Isles to finish 28th or 29th?" Well IDK, maybe it's Martinek on the first pair??!?! Seriously? If that guy (I love him, really, how can you not?) gets more than 17 or 18 minutes a night, we're screwed. Brad Boyes in the top 6? brad Boyes who played absolutely awful last year and did nothing to earn a top 6 role? And our 3rd line? Combined 36 NHL games played, with 5 goals and 8 assists.... Is that acceptable? COME ON EVERYONE! This team doesn't have a shot in hell to make the playoffs. If we by some streak of pure luck end up winning 5 of our first 7 games, and once again, it will be luck if that is the case, then maybe if Bailey and Lubo come back and we get 2 NHL players back to replace these busts/nobodies, then maybe we'll have a shot, or if Garth makes a good signing or 2, not a totally futile waiver claim, we may.

Until then, this is an absolute joke. Pathetic.

/End rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    LINES:

Streit – Martinek
    Hamonic – MacDonald
    Hickey/Finley/Carkner

Nabokov/DiPietro

Holy crap that lineup is almost worse than last year... It might be. There is absolutely no reason to keep Nino in the AHL at this point. He's ready. He's a PPG player in the AHL as a just turned 20 year old. That's damn impressive. And Strome? Guys a 2 PPG player in the OHL, by far the best he's ever played at that level. He needs to eb here, the Isles need help. It's absolute BS how these waiver wire BUSTS like Finley and Hickey get a shot on the big club before a guy like Donovan or Ness. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's like managment does;t even want to put the best possible product on the ice. Colin McDonald is a 8 year old who's played 7 NHL games. His current AHL performance is no better than his AHL performance the last 2 years, but we expect him to, at 28, all of a sudden become an NHL caliber player??? NO. We better sign someone like Tim connolly, cause even though he "sucks" and is always injured, he is good 2-ways and is adequate enough to put up enough offensive production for the 3rd line. Cizikas should be the 4th line C, and Reasoner needs to just never play for us again please. Its ridiculous. WE GOT WORSE! Lubo won't be here tip February, neither will Bailey. And Joensuu? IS McDonald one of those "hold the fort" guys tip the savior Jesse Joensuu comes back? I hope not. Our top 6 is soft as it comes. If you're that soft, at least shouldn't you ahev enough speed and skill to overcome it? Guess not. I love Frans, but until we call up Strome or get a legit 2nd line C, this team will be nothing. Matt Martin is the only player on our team who will play tough 100% of the time, besides Boulton who is essentially the next Gillies except not the worst skater of all time. His 6 minutes of ice time a night will help him become Isles MVP! This is absolutely ridiculous how Snow and Wag and Cappy are perfectly fine with putting the fans through another year of agony. Loyal Isles fans ask "Why are the "experts" picking the Isles to finish 28th or 29th?" Well IDK, maybe it's Martinek on the first pair??!?! Seriously? If that guy (I love him, really, how can you not?) gets more than 17 or 18 minutes a night, we're screwed. Brad Boyes in the top 6? brad Boyes who played absolutely awful last year and did nothing to earn a top 6 role? And our 3rd line? Combined 36 NHL games played, with 5 goals and 8 assists.... Is that acceptable? COME ON EVERYONE! This team doesn't have a shot in hell to make the playoffs. If we by some streak of pure luck end up winning 5 of our first 7 games, and once again, it will be luck if that is the case, then maybe if Bailey and Lubo come back and we get 2 NHL players back to replace these busts/nobodies, then maybe we'll have a shot, or if Garth makes a good signing or 2, not a totally futile waiver claim, we may.

/End rant
    Our lineup is a joke. Strome, Nino, and whoever the hell else are proven at the AHL, OHL, whatever ****ing junior league. This is bs Martinek on the 1st defense pairing? I like the guy but give me a ****ing break we have better. The only production we will get is out of our 1st and 2nd lines. If friggen Strome was up we could of moved neilson to the 2nd line with Nino too but nope they are not up.

I agree with you Kmo, Colin Mcdonald or Reasoner diserves no place on our friggen team its sickening THOSE ARE AHL PLAYERS NOT FRIGGEN STROME OR NINO DOWN THERE ALONG WITH OUR DMEN!!! Our coaching staff or Wang or garth has no will to win and this lineup just proves it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    LINES:

Streit – Martinek
    Hamonic – MacDonald
    Hickey/Finley/Carkner

Nabokov/DiPietro

/End rant
    Yeah I didn't read any of that besides the lines which look terrible. Btw I think your "enter" and "tab" keys might be broken.

vCash
    I was really gung ho for us this year... Seeing Strome up... Nino coming back... With the exception of our 2 first lines and our 1st 2 defensive pairings this is a ****ing AHL HOMEBODY LINEUP AND IM PISSED!!!

vCash
    yikes at that third line

vCash
    and the fourth but i knew that line would be bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    yikes at that third line
    AYE 2nd to that!!! IT SHOULD BE ULLSTROM - STROME - NINO!!!

vCash
    So dumb not having niņo or strome..

Can't wait 2b at the barn 2morrow nite!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    we have to remember that bailey and joenseau will be coming back and vis will be on the roster soon also

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast