Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Rock has become irrelevant, any popular "rock" music is basically pop these days. Most would be rock fans have realized that the real talent base in musicians is in metal. Most rock is just catchy pop riffs/chords played on actual instruments. It is watered down for the masses and so people can hum and sing along.

Is there anything inherently wrong with this? No, but most music fans realize what the industry is doing and it is not palatable to them. So they are forced to live in the past or accept the new wave of music.

While I am no where near a fan of the music there are no more Zepplins, AC/DC's, or Beattles left in the world. There are only Beiber's, Kanye's, and Lil Waynes along with some actually talented musicians who will never be heard by the masses because they are too stupid to listen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Rock has become irrelevant, any popular "rock" music is basically pop these days. Most would be rock fans have realized that the real talent base in musicians is in metal. Most rock is just catchy pop riffs/chords played on actual instruments. It is watered down for the masses and so people can hum and sing along.

Is there anything inherently wrong with this? No, but most music fans realize what the industry is doing and it is not palatable to them. So they are forced to live in the past or accept the new wave of music.

While I am no where near a fan of the music there are no more Zepplins, AC/DC's, or Beattles left in the world. There are only Beiber's, Kanye's, and Lil Waynes along with some actually talented musicians who will never be heard by the masses because they are too stupid to listen.
    I feel like you are one of them that is too stupid to listen.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash

100% correct. Innovative music just doesn't get pushed. Hasn't since the 90s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I feel like you are one of them that is too stupid to listen.
    How so?

vCash
    Kanye is completely inovative.

Not sure you know what you're talking about. He revolutionized Hip-Hop production on multiple occasions.

vCash
    Juicy j

vCash
    Though he didn't sing i would classify Slash as a rock star.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Kanye is completely inovative.

Not sure you know what you're talking about. He revolutionized Hip-Hop production on multiple occasions.
    Don't you dare interrupt my old guy "music was way better in my day argument!"

Tell me about rock, even most rap that is pushed is not innovative. Commercial music is commercial for a reason, it sells. And the masses prefer dumbed down basic ********. I mostly listen to the hard rock/ metal genre, and even that market is a joke.

vCash
    Not all commercial music is like that.

Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, and Kanye West are three modern artists that are extremely popular and have really unique music.

vCash
    There will be another rock star. There will not be another Boy George

vCash
    Soooooo pop stars are rock stars...........

I think this topic is all about how you perceive the question.

I consider rock stars rock stars
    hip hop stars hip hop stars
    and pop stars pop stars
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Well, the beatles were the beatles. That is a poor example because we'd never seen musicians influence pop culture on the scale they did, and probably won't again in our lifetimes. Zeppelin I would compare to a band like Muse or Radiohead these days, someone who is respected for creativity and musicianship. ACDC was a generic fun rock band with average lead guitar playing and some really catchy songs. I wouldn't put them on any kind pedestal though. There are plenty of bands these days that make ACDC look like a bunch of chumps. Just because you aren't hearing them on clear channel radio stations doesn't mean they are successful or unknown. You know, like the internet and stuff.

vCash
    so many good rock bands out right now. the only difference is that you have to dig and look for them. they aren't going to be spoon fed to you through top 40 radio, or rolling stone magazine like they use to be. big money isn't behind the greatest rock and roll bands of this era, but they are still there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    so many good rock bands out right now. the only difference is that you have to dig and look for them. they aren't going to be spoon fed to you through top 40 radio, or rolling stone magazine like they use to be. big money isn't behind the greatest rock and roll bands of this era, but they are still there.
    Yeah, and it's not like the commercial crap hasn't been pushed in the past. It's been pushed for decades. There's plenty of good rock music out there, you just have to get past what's popular.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Can't believe absoloutely nobody mentioned Eddie Van Halen as a rock star... or Ted Nugent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast