Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    vCash
    I do not think we could match Prusts deal or like it is part of Nash's deal. I'm really happy for Prust but that was a big contract for his production. I look at it as a reward for his previous 3 seasons. Pyatt was a good substitute on that 3rd line for Prust at a cheaper cost.

I agree that Boyle could be moved to the 2nd line for the time being. I think Hags will be a legit 20 goal scorer once he matures if he stays healthy and retains his speed. I just wish we would find a way to get him some breakaways. I do not think Zooks thinks of himself as a superstar. He just wanted to play in the NHL which he proved he could do by scoring a point every other game. He would not make real money in the AHL and this is a business as well as a sport. 1 injury can end a guys career so I understood that he did not want to take a chance on the AHL again especially when he was passed up for so many inferior players last season. I do hope he comes back. Gross had a tweet about Zooks the other day.

Steps is a good not great player that I would consider trading if the right deal came along. I think his lack of quickness stops him from going up a tier as a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I do not think we could match Prusts deal or like it is part of Nash's deal. I'm really happy for Prust but that was a big contract for his production. I look at it as a reward for his previous 3 seasons. Pyatt was a good substitute on that 3rd line for Prust at a cheaper cost.

I agree that Boyle could be moved to the 2nd line for the time being. I think Hags will be a legit 20 goal scorer once he matures if he stays healthy and retains his speed. I just wish we would find a way to get him some breakaways. I do not think Zooks thinks of himself as a superstar. He just wanted to play in the NHL which he proved he could do by scoring a point every other game. He would not make real money in the AHL and this is a business as well as a sport. 1 injury can end a guys career so I understood that he did not want to take a chance on the AHL again especially when he was passed up for so many inferior players last season. I do hope he comes back. Gross had a tweet about Zooks the other day.

Steps is a good not great player that I would consider trading if the right deal came along. I think his lack of quickness stops him from going up a tier as a player.
    I could score 20 goals with Richards and Nash on my line, or Richards and Gaborik. With the opportunities Hagelin has gotten with this team over the last two years a person should expect more points from a guy who skates so well. If anything his lack of production has limited Richards point totals last year. He's got nice speed and tenacity but he doesn't have a great shot and he's not really a creative player and because of that his first instinct is to dump it in. IMO he's a perfect player for our 3rd line.

Stepan as well needs to work on his shooting, I don't think he's a bad option on our #2 line, maybe he needs to move to wing I'm not sure but he needs to find the net, he has the ability to score he just needs to get it done.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223