Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Immoknight View Post
    The golden children of the NHL get away with everything.
    fcking BS like the WWE

vCash
    Crosbey... Flopper of the year awarded early.
    It's never too early to start believing in miracles.
    Just Sayin'

vCash
    Referees... warned not to penalize the NHL Penguins.
    It's never too early to start believing in miracles.
    Just Sayin'

vCash
    Atleast they changed the pp strategy.

vCash
    They really look like ****.

vCash
    Dominated by Pitt again, PP sucks dick, Sullivan needs to go and if we can't produce with Nash and Gaborik, it may be time for Torts to go.

vCash
    Ugh such a frustrating game tonight. The offense has zero fluidity.

vCash
    Did we even get one legitimate scoring chance? Pathetic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Did we even get one legitimate scoring chance? Pathetic
    We probably did... but it was probably followed right up by either a too many men on the ice penalty or a pittsburgh goal. This game was a tough one to stomach, I don't know what to make of this team at this point, starting to get a bit worried... at some point, the "it's still early" excuse won't apply anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Immoknight View Post
    Referees... warned not to penalize the NHL Penguins.
    Rule 23784.A If you look at Sid wrong you get 2 minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Dominated by Pitt again, PP sucks dick, Sullivan needs to go and if we can't produce with Nash and Gaborik, it may be time for Torts to go.

He really needs to adjust his coaching style and fast

vCash
    The irony is that some in Pitt have said they play too fast and loose while many Rangers fans feel that we play too conservative. As I have said many times balance and moderation is often the key. Not too loose. Not too conservative. Not all grind grind side boards. Not all long passing up the middle. Not to focus almost only on offense. Not to focus almost only on defense. Moderation and balance.
    Last edited by SLY WILLIAMS; 02-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    The irony is that some in Pitt have said they play too fast and loose while many Rangers fans feel that we play too conservative. As I have said many times balance and moderation is often the key. Not too loose. Not too conservative. Not all grind grind side boards. Not all long passing up the middle. Not to focus almost only on offense. Not to focus almost only on defense. Moderating/balance.
    Ya for sure...but I think it's become obvious that our depth took a massive hit with the Nash trade, not that I would reverse it, but it did. Having injuries to Callahan and Kreider left us with little scoring options beyond the top line and if you can shut down the top line you have it made against us right now.

Dubinsky and Ansimov weren't superstars but they could play anywhere in the lineup. Hagelin is almost there but he needs to chip in on offense a little more. But we really do miss having two guys we could fill the gaps with. With Boyle I thought we should have traded him the offseason that he had his big year. He will never duplicate that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Ya for sure...but I think it's become obvious that our depth took a massive hit with the Nash trade, not that I would reverse it, but it did. Having injuries to Callahan and Kreider left us with little scoring options beyond the top line and if you can shut down the top line you have it made against us right now.

Dubinsky and Ansimov weren't superstars but they could play anywhere in the lineup. Hagelin is almost there but he needs to chip in on offense a little more. But we really do miss having two guys we could fill the gaps with. With Boyle I thought we should have traded him the offseason that he had his big year. He will never duplicate that again.
    I have seen you mention a massive depth hit from the Nash trade a few times. Is it really that massive? AA/Duby for Nash? It is only 1 less forward. We could have kept Mitchell or Zooks to fill in for AA or Duby. I feel that is where we blew it. Zooks and Mitchell were guys we could have kept on the cheap. Slats wanted to keep Zooks. I'm hoping Zooks KHL season ends early in hope that he might come back.

The injuries to Cally and Kreider do not help. Hags will come around. We just have to show some patience and encourage him to be a goal scorer. I agree that Boyle may never hit 20 goals again but I think he is a solid 3/4 center at will kick in 10-15 goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I have seen you mention a massive depth hit from the Nash trade a few times. Is it really that massive? AA/Duby for Nash? It is only 1 less forward. We could have kept Mitchell or Zooks to fill in for AA or Duby. I feel that is where we blew it. Zooks and Mitchell were guys we could have kept on the cheap. Slats wanted to keep Zooks. I'm hoping Zooks KHL season ends early in hope that he might come back.

The injuries to Cally and Kreider do not help. Hags will come around. We just have to show some patience and encourage him to be a goal scorer. I agree that Boyle may never hit 20 goals again but I think he is a solid 3/4 center at will kick in 10-15 goals.
    While I know we got the better end of the deal I wish we had more NHL ready guys in the minors. Hagelin really hasn't shown that he's gonna score goals or points of any kind for that matter really. I like him, don't get me wrong he's fast as hell, he back checks and forechecks hard, but he just doesn't have the hands to compliment a Nash or a Gaborik. Kreider has way more upside than Hagelin in that regard, which is why we need him to be better. I personally see no way in which Zuccarello comes back to this team, mostly from conflicting points of view. He thinks he's a superstar the Rangers don't.

When I refer to the depth hit from the trade I'm including Prust into that as well as I'm sure that if we didn't do the Nash deal that we probably would have resigned him too. Having Kreider step up this year was all part of the Rangers plans with the Nash trade but that hasn't happened, yet atleast. If he were to bounce back and Callahan returns I'm much more confident in our team. We're a loss or two away from making a trade or signing a free agent that could plant Kreider in the minors, as there's way too much pressure on this team to win now, especially with the cap shrinking next year.

Also I don't have a problem with the way Boyle is playing, I just thought we could have gotten a pretty good return on him that year, especially from a team like Toronto or Montreal who were dying for a big center. I actually think it's time to move either him or Stepan to the wing and let him get some more minutes on the 2nd line since we're having a problem scoring, maybe Stepan and him could come up with some points. Stepan needs to break out.
    Last edited by bsi; 02-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast