Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I guess the season starts Tuesday. I wish our exciting forwards got to play with as much room as a lot of other teams stars.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Def not the way I thought we'd start the season. Parts of the 1st and 2nd periods we looked totally lost, with big spurts of play being dominated in our own end by the Pens.

I'm thinking Biron starts the next game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Def not the way I thought we'd start the season. Parts of the 1st and 2nd periods we looked totally lost, with big spurts of play being dominated in our own end by the Pens.

I'm thinking Biron starts the next game?
    I would doubt they would want to start 0-3 with their best goaltender on the bench and although Biron played much better than Lundqvist last night i still think they go with Henrik.

It's too early to start worrying about his days off.

vCash
    We need an upgrade on D for Bickel. I know he fights for us but he's terrible as a defenseman. Anyone can go wide on him. Having said that it's not all his fault. I thought Nash finally looked comfortable out there in the second yesterday. When they loaded up the first line we had some good pressure, I don't understand why Torts doesn't start the game like that instead of waiting until it's too late. Put those three out for their first 3 or 4 shifts of the game and see if you can catch the other team sleeping. Other than that I just think our team is out of shape and they will get better. Only problem is that we only have 46 games left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They should bounce back against Toronto on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I guess the season starts Tuesday.
    Isn't our next game at home against Boston on Wednesday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalers08 View Post
    Yeah my bad Google had the schedule listed wrong when i looked at it..

It is Wednesday against Boston but either way i expect them to come out much better than they did the last 2 nights.

vCash
    Outside of Nash and Callahan, every player looks like ****, including Hank, needs to change ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    We need an upgrade on D for Bickel. I know he fights for us but he's terrible as a defenseman. Anyone can go wide on him. Having said that it's not all his fault. I thought Nash finally looked comfortable out there in the second yesterday. When they loaded up the first line we had some good pressure, I don't understand why Torts doesn't start the game like that instead of waiting until it's too late. Put those three out for their first 3 or 4 shifts of the game and see if you can catch the other team sleeping. Other than that I just think our team is out of shape and they will get better. Only problem is that we only have 46 games left.
    Couldn't agree more, having Bickel out there is like playing with 4.5 players on the ice. He gets beat out wide anytime an opposing forward goes out wide. Gilroy or Eminger would be a massive step up from him. Sometimes I simply don't understand what Torts sees in certain players because he loves Bickel. The other thing that one could say about Bickel is that he will fight and stick up for his teammates but with Rupp and Asham in the lineup I don't think that's necessary at all.

Aside from that we just look flat and look like a team with a bunch of new players which is the case. It may take a week or two but we will get back on track with the talent we have. Don't forget we don't have to win the conference, it's all about just getting to the playoffs. I'm not saying that I'm lowering expectations I expect to be a top 4 seed but in reality all we have to do is make the playoffs so no need to panic.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    And now Bickel may be moved to 4th line wing tomorrow -________- Asham is sidelined with a groin injury, Bickel needs to be cut, he is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    And now Bickel may be moved to 4th line wing tomorrow -________- Asham is sidelined with a groin injury, Bickel needs to be cut, he is awful.
    They should play Eminger there if that's the case, they did it last year.

I don't get it for a team that has the type of minor league depth the Rangers have that they can't find an alternative to Bickel on the 4th line wing.

Even play Haley there..
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalers08 View Post
    Yes I misspoke. I was following a previous post. I actually posted the full schedule for the whole month in the beginning of this thread so I have no excuse for my mistake. Bad Sly. Bad Sly.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They should play Eminger there if that's the case, they did it last year.

I don't get it for a team that has the type of minor league depth the Rangers have that they can't find an alternative to Bickel on the 4th line wing.

Even play Haley there..
    Just from the Whale alone I rather see these guys get called up over Bickel on the 4th line.

Bourque
    Haley
    Kolarik
    Newbury
    Miller
    Segal
    Thomas
    Yogan

Any1 of them over Bickel.

vCash
    Practice lines from yesterday:

Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Rick Nash
    Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, Ryan Callahan
    Carl Hagelin, Brian Boyle, Taylor Pyatt
    Mike Rupp, Jeff Halpern, Stu Bickel

I still think Gabo should be separated from Nash so that we have two solid scoring lines. Swap Kreider and Gaborik. I like Hagelin on the third, chasing down pucks in the corners is his specialty.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Great Bickel on line 4.

vCash
    Kreider, Stepan, and Callahan should be more than capable of scoring goals. Obviously Kreider has skill, and both Stepan and Callahan have easy 20+ goal ability (in a full season of course)..

Not saying I don't agree with splitting Gabs and Nash. But that second line should be more than capable of finding the net. And I also agree with Hagelin. He is a speed player, but not so much a skill guy. He should be on a line that is all about the forecheck, and pressure. Let Gaborik and Nash find open ice and do what they do...

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast