Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    lets see how much you guys love it when it gets down to balls and strikes
    Who is campaigning for that? And why would that be so bad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can be against righting a wrong made by an umpire.

It seems the best system would be adding a 5th umpire to each crew, have him off the field available to check video replays. When a team feels that the umpire got a call wrong, they issue a challenge. If they're proven correct, then they keep the ability to make another challenge. If not, they lose it for the rest of the game.
    Yup, that's what I've been arguing for for years.

A booth umpire. He is there to review the calls made on the field, and has a head set that radios the crew chief on the field if a call was made incorrectly. Otherwise the game moves as scheduled. He only radios the crew chief if a safe/out, fair/foul call is missed and says what happened. Takes literally seconds for the booth umpire to review, he does it without interrupting anything on the field. And we know the correct call is made.

will save time, and will be far more accurate.

vCash
    so you welcome our new robot overlords
    Robots can't possibly have a worse strike zone than C.B. Bucknor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Robots can't possibly have a worse strike zone than C.B. Bucknor.
    hahaha

vCash
    Do you toss a flag or kick sand to signal a call you want to dispute?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperMessiah View Post
    Do you toss a flag or kick sand to signal a call you want to dispute?
    Or get rid of disputes all together...............booth umpire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Who is campaigning for that? And why would that be so bad?
    You know how long the game would be dragged out on replays based on calls at the plate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    You know how long the game would be dragged out on replays based on calls at the plate?
    You can't argue balls and strikes, it's an automatic ejection. But even then, who would they argue against? The computer saying it was a ball or strike? That's a fun argument.

At least then the calls are actually correct and not subjective to personal vendetta's and feelings

vCash
    lets see how much you guys love it when it gets down to balls and strikes
    Who's saying to bring it down to that? I'd assume the majority want it only for trap catches and safe or out calls. Going to balls and strikes is too much.

vCash
    It's not like there are that many plays that will be reviewed per game at the plate. They don't happen every inning. Probably barely one a game. Come on, let's not exaggerate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    It's not like there are that many plays that will be reviewed per game at the plate. They don't happen every inning. Probably barely one a game. Come on, let's not exaggerate.
    Before you tell me not to EXAGGERATE, you said "they don't happen every inning..", well yeah, because they don't have anything to do but argue. But if MLB were to have instant replays on calls at the plate, the opposing team gonna fight every way they can hoping the call would change in their favor. Ok, how many pitches thrown in a game for this opportunity? Common sense brother, or should I say USE IT?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You can't argue balls and strikes, it's an automatic ejection. But even then, who would they argue against? The computer saying it was a ball or strike? That's a fun argument.

At least then the calls are actually correct and not subjective to personal vendetta's and feelings
    The point isn't about arguing. My point is using this to teams advantage, which would mean adding more time to each and every baseball game during the long season. I mean really, like a poster said here, you're allowed as many replays as you want as long you do not lose any of your challenge. I mean, is this football? What's next, cheerleaders? Oh, umpires would good in white and black stripes....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    You know what, just say I EXAGGERATED and you were correct based on what you said...use instant replay on calls at plate maybe once a game? Is it worth going thru the hassle of getting instant replays at the plate over that one call I thought you guys had more common sense than that...

vCash
    Something that could have and should have been done 10+ years ago. As usual, Selig behind the curve and then he'll be patting himself on the back when it finally does go thru.

vCash
    Before you tell me not to EXAGGERATE, you said "they don't happen every inning..", well yeah, because they don't have anything to do but argue. But if MLB were to have instant replays on calls at the plate, the opposing team gonna fight every way they can hoping the call would change in their favor. Ok, how many pitches thrown in a game for this opportunity? Common sense brother, or should I say USE IT?!
    You know what, just say I EXAGGERATED and you were correct based on what you said...use instant replay on calls at plate maybe once a game? Is it worth going thru the hassle of getting instant replays at the plate over that one call I thought you guys had more common sense than that...
    What's the point of throwing around insults? Why can't you argue your point like an adult and act civilly? Sorry I didn't agree with you.

You really think installing instant replay is going to stall the game that much? So you'd rather have the game not be stalled, for probably a couple minutes, than get the correct call which could make a big difference in a game?

Yes, it's absolutely worth going through the hassle to get a correct call.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast