Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Nets Make a Significant Move Before the 2/21 Deadline, and who?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Smith

6 28.57%
  • Paul Millsap

8 38.10%
  • Ben Gordon

7 33.33%
  • Other (Please specify in your response)

0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    I didn't check PSD today but Captain Clutch told me to check out your post...normally I don't like to play with the Trade Machine because of the many loopholes the CBA has. but I will say this I love your trade. Gay is what this team needs and NOW! I hate that it comes at the expense of Gerald Wallace and Mirza..but realistically that is what we are talking about. and as I told Captain Clutch over skype I am overly concerned with Gerald Wallace playing the level he is playing at (HE WON'T LAST 2 YEARS aT THIS RATE)

What I love about your proposed deal moreover is that we get 1 player for 4 players. I know it sounds weird that I like that.. but when you suffer from cap paralyses this is exactly what we need....

Last thing is I love the Chris Singleton comment..SPOT ON!

The reality is we have very little to offer and I don't think it happens.

What we need is athletic players...players who can run and run hard. (a la Gerald Wallace) to me that is our biggest concern.

We have some holes at key positions too but the lack of athleticism is a huge concern.
    They would not want Wallace. They want to shed salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I didn't check PSD today but Captain Clutch told me to check out your post...normally I don't like to play with the Trade Machine because of the many loopholes the CBA has. but I will say this I love your trade. Gay is what this team needs and NOW! I hate that it comes at the expense of Gerald Wallace and Mirza..but realistically that is what we are talking about. and as I told Captain Clutch over skype I am overly concerned with Gerald Wallace playing the level he is playing at (HE WON'T LAST 2 YEARS aT THIS RATE)

What I love about your proposed deal moreover is that we get 1 player for 4 players. I know it sounds weird that I like that.. but when you suffer from cap paralyses this is exactly what we need....

Last thing is I love the Chris Singleton comment..SPOT ON!

The reality is we have very little to offer and I don't think it happens.

What we need is athletic players...players who can run and run hard. (a la Gerald Wallace) to me that is our biggest concern.

We have some holes at key positions too but the lack of athleticism is a huge concern.
    Thanks. The idea was originally from Devin K at TheBrooklynGame.com, and I just commented off it. I'm starting to like the idea more and more because with Wallace's playing style, he isn't guaranteed to be healthy and down the line, and he'll be a fraction of the player he is now. He means a lot to this team, but I'm starting to think the Nets should trade him while they can. Gay adds much needed youth and athleticism to the Nets, and he is a better shooter than Wallace. Would love to see him and Deron out in transition. He isn't a bad defender either, but similar to Joe, he's overrated by his contract. It's the type of deal the Nets could/would make because they're acquiring a bad contract but aren't necessarily worrying about paying it off. I agree that losing Teletovic and Wallace is hard, but if it helps the Nets improve, you have to at least consider it. I was thinking that if Memphis gets Derrick Williams, maybe the Nets can snag Darrell Arthur from them as well. They'd have a glut at the 4 spot, and Arthur is a very athletic player who can shoot from midrange. Nets are taking on their worst contract, they can at least get some incentive lol.

And about Singleton, the Wizards aren't even giving the kid playing time. I think they could offer their TE they received in the Wallace trade straight up for him, and I think the Wizards would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    They would not want Wallace. They want to shed salary.
    Their main concern is to avid the luxury tax line while remaining competitive. Taking on Wallace would keep them below the luxury tax line for the foreseeable future if I'm not mistaken. The current tax line for this season is about $70.307 million. (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21). If Memphis rids themselves of Rudy and takes on Gerald Wallace, their total salaries sum would fall below the tax line since Wallace only makes $10 mil per for the next three years, instead of Gay who makes a peak number of $19 million. If the luxury tax line stays within the $70 million mark, Memphis is below the tax line unless they make a move for a huge contract. Look at Memphis' committed salaries for this season alone:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

I didn't even realize Gay makes so much money, and it even gradually increases over time.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    I REALLY think Hollinger's +/- on Wins is inaccurate. No way this trade decreases our wins by 6

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ad5c7em

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    I'll throw a few trade scenarios I've been thinking about, see what you all think:

3 team trade involving the Nets, T-Wolves, and Pistons: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=arh6q3q

Pistons would receive Nets 2015 (top 14 protected) first round pick. T-Wolves receive 2013 first from the Nets and 2013 2nd round pick from the Pistons/ Nets.

2 team trade involving the Nets and the Wizards: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj3ww9a

3 team trade involving the Nets, Nuggets, and Bobcats: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahwatmr

Nets would receive Nuggets 2014 first round pick (lottery protected). (BTW, Nuggets need to clear cap space, getting Miller and Chandler off the books helps them next season.)

4 team Rudy Gay blockbuster (Nets not receiving Rudy) :
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bavcuvm

Grizzlies receive 2014 (lottery protected) 1st round pick from the Kings.
    I love this trade.
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    I love this trade.
    Wait which one? Hahaha

vCash
    Here's my take on what the Nets should do:

1) Three team deal between Brooklyn-Memphis-Minnesota
    Rudy Gay and Darrell Arthur to Brooklyn
    Mirza Teletovic and Jerry Stackhouse to Minnesota
    Derrick Williams, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace, future first round pick, and 3 million in cash to Memphis

Doesn't work in the TM because it isn't accounting for cash considerations. Memphis does this to stay beneath the tax line, receives a more than solid player in Gerald Wallace that Memphis will love, and two young players with nice potential in Derrick Williams and MarShon. Also receive a future draft pick and cash, more assets for them. The Wolves receive a true power forward in Mirza who can spread the floor and is gradually improving on the defensive end. It's a hard pill to swallow losing him, but in order to improve the team, you have to let some guys go. We all know Derrick Williams has been on the trade block for pretty much the entire season, therefore there is no hesitation on Minnesota's end. Minnesota would cut Stack and he'd finally assume the role of assistant coach with the Nets. Finally, the Nets receive Rudy Gay, a talented athletic player who adds much needed athleticism to the team and is a capable shooter. He isn't a Wallace caliber defender, but he is athletic enough to hang with the likes of the KD's and LeBron's of the league. He is great in transition, and he'd be a sight to see with Deron at the point. Arthur is more than an add-in, but a role player for the Nets that can occasionally shoot as well. Very athletic, and he's a solid rebounder as well.

2) Brooklyn-Charlotte
    Kris Humphries and Tyshawn Taylor for Ben Gordon

With Brooks gone, the nets fill the void by adding a very good shooter named Ben Gordon. Average defender, but he adds a thing the Nets sorely lack, which is a consistent shooter off the bench. The Bobcats like(d) Hump and were prepared to offer him a contract this past offseason, so there may be interest there. Their contracts are very similar, and the Nets could use Ben's deal next season to trade for a power forward when it is an expiring contract. I didn't want to add Ty in there, but he gives them more incentive to do the deal. He's a young guy that would probably get more minutes there, and would be given PT to develop. You could switch him out for Tornike, but we'd have to know which player the Nets value more.

3) Brooklyn-Washington
    TE (acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade) for Chris Singelton
    Singleton has the tools to become an elite defender at the 3/4, but he barely gets PT with guys like Nene, Seraphin, Webster, Ariza, etc. ahead of him in the depth chart. He would add athleticism and defense to the Nets, and he's only 23. Washington receives an asset that they'd have to use before the trade deadline.

Final Roster (post-deadline):
    Deron Williams/C.J. Watson
    Joe Johnson/Ben Gordon
    Rudy Gay/Keith Bogans/Damion James
    Reggie Evans/Darrell Arthur/Chris Singleton
    Brook Lopez/Andray Blatche

Nets address three of their biggest weaknesses, youth, athleticism, and scoring. 4 spot is still obviously the weakest link, but the Nets would still have the opportunity to trade Gordon's contract for an upgrade next season. Bogdanovic may come over next season, so losing Gordon wouldn't hurt as much.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash

vCash
    Why the hell are people so obsessed with Rudy Gay. The guy is not good. Joe Johnson is worth his contract more so than Gay imo

The guy would solve none of our issues and would relegate a 9 million dollar player that struggles to create for himself to the bench with no playmakers. That is not productive.

We need a PF and trading Humphries for anything but a PF is silly. BTW Humphries value drops more and more each day. I would be shoked if the Nets could get anything more than Nene for him

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Why the hell are people so obsessed with Rudy Gay. The guy is not good. Joe Johnson is worth his contract more so than Gay imo

The guy would solve none of our issues and would relegate a 9 million dollar player that struggles to create for himself to the bench with no playmakers. That is not productive.

We need a PF and trading Humphries for anything but a PF is silly. BTW Humphries value drops more and more each day. I would be shoked if the Nets could get anything more than Nene for him
    I wouldn't say I'm necessarily obsessed with Gay, but it would be dishonest to say he wouldn't help the team going forward. And, its more so that Wallace is declining at a gradual rate, and if you can get a long-term replacement for him in Gay, then you have to do it. By the way, Gay does solve the Nets' issue of athleticism in the wings. Imagine having another offensive threat after Deron, Joe, and Brook in the starting lineup. That'd be scary, especially if teams are doubling Johnson or Lopez in the low post; unlike Wallace, Rudy can hit shots from the perimeter consistently.

Humphries at this point has zero value, I don't even think Washington trades him for Nene. Nene has been playing well as of late, and I don't think they want to tamper with what they have going on there. Guys like Beal, Webster and Seraphin have stepped up, and Wall came back from injury. I think they want to see where that core takes them.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm necessarily obsessed with Gay, but it would be dishonest to say he wouldn't help the team going forward. And, its more so that Wallace is declining at a gradual rate, and if you can get a long-term replacement for him in Gay, then you have to do it. By the way, Gay does solve the Nets' issue of athleticism in the wings. Imagine having another offensive threat after Deron, Joe, and Brook in the starting lineup. That'd be scary, especially if teams are doubling Johnson or Lopez in the low post; unlike Wallace, Rudy can hit shots from the perimeter consistently.

Humphries at this point has zero value, I don't even think Washington trades him for Nene. Nene has been playing well as of late, and I don't think they want to tamper with what they have going on there. Guys like Beal, Webster and Seraphin have stepped up, and Wall came back from injury. I think they want to see where that core takes them.
    While i agree that Wallace has declined very hard as a player our biggest problem remains at the PF spot. We are getting killed on the interior. Offense is not our problem and adding another iso player does nothing for us. I am sure Avery would have loved it though.

Wallace gets his points off of cuts and put backs. Gay would just be another player to take the ball out of Deron's hands where it should be

God i hope the Lakers and Hawks keep losing.

Nets get: Howard, Illyasova, Korver, Pryzbilla

Hawks get: Lopez, Brooks

Bucks get: Humphries, Taylor

Lakers get: Smith

Everyone wins!!!!!!!!

vCash
    While i agree that Wallace has declined very hard as a player our biggest problem remains at the PF spot. We are getting killed on the interior. Offense is not our problem and adding another iso player does nothing for us. I am sure Avery would have loved it though.

Wallace gets his points off of cuts and put backs. Gay would just be another player to take the ball out of Deron's hands where it should be

God i hope the Lakers and Hawks keep losing.

Nets get: Howard, Illyasova, Korver, Pryzbilla

Hawks get: Lopez, Brooks

Bucks get: Humphries, Taylor

Lakers get: Smith

Everyone wins!!!!!!!!
    That Avery part had me laughing. On this team, he wouldn't be the primary scorer. He'd just be the guy that can hit shots when given an opportunity, or when, as I said, if Lopez or Johnson are doubled, he can take over the game. But I agree, Crash is good in that he doesn't need the ball to score.

That trade is interesting for everyone, but would the Bucks take on Hump?

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    That Avery part had me laughing. On this team, he wouldn't be the primary scorer. He'd just be the guy that can hit shots when given an opportunity, or when, as I said, if Lopez or Johnson are doubled, he can take over the game. But I agree, Crash is good in that he doesn't need the ball to score.

That trade is interesting for everyone, but would the Bucks take on Hump?
    We are essentially doing them a favor by taking on a bad contract in Illyasova. If that is not enough we can always thrown in Toko or Bojan or a pick or something. They want rid of Illyasova's long term deal. It would not be that difficult

vCash
    Interesting idea. But I still think the Nets should try and get Rudy, and quite honestly, it's something the Nets would realistically do. Would be nice if they got Arthur from them as well taking on that contract.

Didn't want to post twice in a row, but apparently Sam Amico tweeted the Nets might try and get Millsap near the deadline. If that's the game plan, then scratch off Rudy Gay as a target. Paul Millsap would be a great addition, but it's just a matter of how he gets in a Net uniform. It's going to be difficult to move Hump.
    Last edited by JerseysFinest; 01-19-2013 at 02:17 AM.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Interesting idea. But I still think the Nets should try and get Rudy, and quite honestly, it's something the Nets would realistically do. Would be nice if they got Arthur from them as well taking on that contract.

Didn't want to post twice in a row, but apparently Sam Amico tweeted the Nets might try and get Millsap near the deadline. If that's the game plan, then scratch off Rudy Gay as a target. Paul Millsap would be a great addition, but it's just a matter of how he gets in a Net uniform. It's going to be difficult to move Hump.
    Milsap is a great target.. I read that tweet too. Here is the thing Utah is loaded at the PF spot.. They probably have more PF power then 3 or 4 teams combined. So it is very interesting. Again WE DON'T HAVE MUCH to give. This is our biggest challenge.....
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Milsap is a great target.. I read that tweet too. Here is the thing Utah is loaded at the PF spot.. They probably have more PF power then 3 or 4 teams combined. So it is very interesting. Again WE DON'T HAVE MUCH to give. This is our biggest challenge.....
    I think getting a team like Charlotte involved for Humphries is a good idea. They BADLY need a starting PF and are just plain bad on the boards. I think theyd give up a few pieces and clear some cap for themselves to get Hump. Worst case for them they use him to acquire a guy like Gay next year. Heres the trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ak66ar4 picks could go to either the Bobcats or Jazz.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast