Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Nets Make a Significant Move Before the 2/21 Deadline, and who?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Smith

6 28.57%
  • Paul Millsap

8 38.10%
  • Ben Gordon

7 33.33%
  • Other (Please specify in your response)

0 0%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Why not?
    giving up way to much for him in that deal
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Not sure about this one, but it works:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Not sure about this one, but it works:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    No trade, gotta save it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    giving up way to much for him in that deal
    You might be able to get away with not including the draft pick. But if he joined the team, the Nets would be a lot better.

Edit: All I'm saying is it makes sense that the Nets would get the guy. Nets desperately need shooters on this team, and it has been reported that Orlando wants a young prospect in return on a rookie scale contract. They also need depth at the 4 spot now with Baby gone for the season. Having Redick on the floor has a profound effect on limiting turnovers solely due to better spacing. It would allow Johnson and Deron to drive the lane, and kick it out to Redick on the perimeter. Johnson wouldn't have to be a spot-up shooter for the Nets, but solely a shot creator, clutch shooter, and a passer. FWIW, Arn Tellem is his agent and two of his biggest clientele, Lopez and JJ, play for Brooklyn. IDK, something to keep in mind with trade season dawning upon us.
    Last edited by JerseysFinest; 02-02-2013 at 08:34 PM.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Boozer for Humphries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    Boozer for Humphries
    would it work financially?
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    would it work financially?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ablbvov Yes, it would.
    I would definitely consider that trade but the Bulls would not.

vCash
    This season Boozer is finally playing up to what he is getting paid for and no way are the Bulls gonna trade him unless they get some sorta offer "they can't refuse".

vCash
    idk if i am missing something.....but why the heck would the bulls want to trade boozer for humphries? Bulls are in contention still they are going to be gettign rose back for playoffs and will have a top 5 seed. Why would they make their team worse ...makes no sense for the bulls not happening

vCash
    Just saw on netsdaily that we don't wanna make any big trades to make us a contender this year they even said something about trying to get hedo from the magic what do you guys think about that

vCash
    The only reason that might any sense at all is if we got rid of one of the big and long term contracts and that's only if Hedo has an expiring at the end of this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    The only reason that might any sense at all is if we got rid of one of the big and long term contracts and that's only if Hedo has an expiring at the end of this season.
    Saw this on NetsDaily too. If he can get back to his old form, I see him as a good option. HOWEVER, we need a STARTING 4

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I looked at both contracts of Hedo and Hump, and they're almost identical. But the key thing is, Turkoglu's contract has a buyout next season. This makes it more attractive to teams looking to shed money because his contract is only partially guaranteed, whereas Humphries' contract is guaranteed the full $12 mil. I'm not exactly sure how partial guarantees work, but I'm guessing the Nets could trade Turkoglu next season for a contract equal or more to Humphries', then that team could buy him out and save a couple million. Makes it a lot easier to make a deal including him, then for Kris, due to the immediate cap savings. So basically I see this as the Nets realizing the market for Humphries is garbage, and they'll basically get an equal contract in Turk and trade him next season for another player. Turkoglu fills a need for the Nets in the present, and Humphries fills a need for them as well since Glen Davis is out for the season. Would love if King expanded this and included Redic. Nets would have to add MarShon, and probably cash considerations.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    I love Brooks's potential but I think LA would move Gasol. So I would deal Brooks, Hump, and Tele for Gasol. Then Gasol plays the 4 and can move to the 5 when Lopez comes out.
    Suck it

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkh9a26
    how about this trade i would love to see this happen

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast