Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Nets Make a Significant Move Before the 2/21 Deadline, and who?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Smith

6 28.57%
  • Paul Millsap

8 38.10%
  • Ben Gordon

7 33.33%
  • Other (Please specify in your response)

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Rudy Gay does not improve us. First of all he is an iso player and we already have a lot of that. Second he cannot shoot the 3 well. Third he is not a great passer. Fourth he does not fix out pick and roll D.

If this was a question of replace Wallace with Gay because thats the only move BK can do then i say do it. However we have a very pressing need at PF and there are players who are available who we can try to get.

Making a deal would not be a problem if they really want Millsap. Many teams would want some of their bigs
    So what do you suggest? Nene would be a nice addition, but Washington may not want to deal him and the Nets might not want to take him on because of his injury history. It'd be a different story if the Nets had the assets to go after a player at the 4 that would elevate their interior defense and PnR D, but they don't. Not a lot of those players are even available. If you can upgrade one position for the long-term, I don't understand what the issue is. Gay doesn't have to be the number one option; he could easily score on cuts to the basket, transition buckets, put-backs, etc. Just because he plays like that in Memphis doesn't mean it's going to be the same here (i.e. Johnson in Atlanta).

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    The Nets don't want to trade Hump unless they are getting a star in return, and I agree. His contract is the only one that we will have to trade for at least the next couple years so we need to hold onto it unless we are really improving our team. Getting guys like Okafor or Tyrus Thomas make no sense.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    So what do you suggest? Nene would be a nice addition, but Washington may not want to deal him and the Nets might not want to take him on because of his injury history. It'd be a different story if the Nets had the assets to go after a player at the 4 that would elevate their interior defense and PnR D, but they don't. Not a lot of those players are even available. If you can upgrade one position for the long-term, I don't understand what the issue is. Gay doesn't have to be the number one option; he could easily score on cuts to the basket, transition buckets, put-backs, etc. Just because he plays like that in Memphis doesn't mean it's going to be the same here (i.e. Johnson in Atlanta).
    So you are saying the Nets should trade for him because he is a sexy shiny name and MIGHT somehow transform into a different player with us?

Nonsense. The guy is just another volume scorer. Also Nene is absolutely available. Just because he would fix all our problems and because he is a good player does not change the fact that his contract is bad and they would love to unload him.

Humphries for Nene straight up is something Washington would consider.

Even though i do not think Millsap is the answer i would much rather them trade for him than Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D2theJ View Post
    The Nets don't want to trade Hump unless they are getting a star in return, and I agree. His contract is the only one that we will have to trade for at least the next couple years so we need to hold onto it unless we are really improving our team. Getting guys like Okafor or Tyrus Thomas make no sense.
    Ridiculous. You do not know this and it's unrealistic.

Believe it or not a team CAN win without a star at every position. Millsap, Nene, Illyasova are all solid players that can be had and would improve us but are not stars

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    So you are saying the Nets should trade for him because he is a sexy shiny name and MIGHT somehow transform into a different player with us?

Nonsense. The guy is just another volume scorer. Also Nene is absolutely available. Just because he would fix all our problems and because he is a good player does not change the fact that his contract is bad and they would love to unload him.

Humphries for Nene straight up is something Washington would consider.

Even though i do not think Millsap is the answer i would much rather them trade for him than Gay
    It's not even so much that I myself am clamoring for him on this roster, but it seems like a move King would make. He's pretty much the BPA right now, and he's on a pretty ugly contract. That's like the equivalent of the batman symbol flashing in sky for him.

I just don't think the Nets would trade for Nene. I wouldn't mind having him, because I do think he'll help. But I think the Nets look at his injury history and say it's a huge gamble. And I'm just not sure Washington gives him up. I think they want to build around that core of Wall-Beal-Nene. At least that's what I've seen from Wizards fans.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    It's not even so much that I myself am clamoring for him on this roster, but it seems like a move King would make. He's pretty much the BPA right now, and he's on a pretty ugly contract. That's like the equivalent of the batman symbol flashing in sky for him.

I just don't think the Nets would trade for Nene. I wouldn't mind having him, because I do think he'll help. But I think the Nets look at his injury history and say it's a huge gamble. And I'm just not sure Washington gives him up. I think they want to build around that core of Wall-Beal-Nene. At least that's what I've seen from Wizards fans.
    I agree that this is a BK type move. The guy is desperately trying to keep his job this summer

and no Gay is not BPA right now. He just has the name recognition. Millsap impacts the game at a much higher level. Much higher.

vCash
    The Nets can easily get Nene for Hump straight up. Nene is injury prone and has a lot of year on a max contract on a team that is years away from competing for a title. I am sure Washington would want the cap relief but the Nets can do better next year....like Kevin Love who can opt out in 2015. So next year at the trade deadline he will have 15 monts left on his contract. Hump, Brooks, and a couple firsts for him would be a good offer.

There s also the chance of a package trade with other teams seeking cap relief for D12 if he won't resign with LA. We might be able to keep Lopez. I think D12, Brook, and Joe is a better big 3 than Deron,Joe, and Brook. Deron for D12 and then deal Hump,Swag, and a first for Brandon Jennings and Iilyanosa.

Jennings
    Joe
    Wallace
    Lopez
    D12

If we wait we can slide in with some offers when teams see guys re leaving. Jennings is gone father next season.
    Last edited by Clarkib; 01-20-2013 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    I am 100% behind Jerseyfinest on this one.

Listen Rudy Gay maybe is not the answer we need. But he is a younger version of Gerald Wallace. If Gerald
    Wallace continues to play the way he is playing I honestly don't think he will get much more mileage maybe 1 year max... He is such an athletic player that his age and mileage will simply catch up to him. So going for Rudy Gay MAKES PERFECT SENSE!.

I understand we need a PF and backup to Brook. But we need Athletic players... Right now the only guy with any athleticism is Crash Wallace. Gay helps especially if we get to keep Crash Wallace. If not. It will give us the chance this offseason to get some guys that can help.

To me it's not about star power it's about what is available. We are crippled salary wise, and when you are crippled and the only real asset you have is Kris Humphries and some picks.. Go after one weakness not several. That is just my two cents
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbueghg

Add picks & cash to Atlanta as needed.

vCash
    And for those that prefer Gay:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aytt9en

Add picks & cash as needed

vCash
    Milsap and Evans would be ideal pieces to our lineup right now.
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    I am 100% behind Jerseyfinest on this one.

Listen Rudy Gay maybe is not the answer we need. But he is a younger version of Gerald Wallace. If Gerald
    Wallace continues to play the way he is playing I honestly don't think he will get much more mileage maybe 1 year max... He is such an athletic player that his age and mileage will simply catch up to him. So going for Rudy Gay MAKES PERFECT SENSE!.

I understand we need a PF and backup to Brook. But we need Athletic players... Right now the only guy with any athleticism is Crash Wallace. Gay helps especially if we get to keep Crash Wallace. If not. It will give us the chance this offseason to get some guys that can help.

To me it's not about star power it's about what is available. We are crippled salary wise, and when you are crippled and the only real asset you have is Kris Humphries and some picks.. Go after one weakness not several. That is just my two cents
    Your right about athleticism. I did not notice it because we have good athletes all over the place (johnson, swag, wallace) but no great ones. Gay is an elite athlete with the hops and speed to run the wing opposite Wallace on the break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Your right about athleticism. I did not notice it because we have good athletes all over the place (johnson, swag, wallace) but no great ones. Gay is an elite athlete with the hops and speed to run the wing opposite Wallace on the break.
    Well Jerseysfinest trade included Wallace for Gay. So we wouldn't have both. But yes this team is lacking athletes we simply don't have them. What we need is guys like Gay, Gerald Green (Boy I would love to get him back) Josh Smith. No more tractors we don't need anymore we have them.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Alright, changing my deadline prediction since Memphis made that trade to get underneath the luxury tax:

Nets get Paul Millsap in a three team deal involving the Bobcats.

Paul Millsap and Raja Bell to BKN

Kris Humphries, Jamaal Tinsley, and BKN's 2013 1st round pick to CHA (Receive a veteran point guard in return for Sessions, an elite rebounder they could surely use, and a draft pick)

Ramon Sessions, MarShon Brooks, and Hakim Warrick to Utah (Warrick has a team option this summer, so Utah can decline to accept it and he'd become a free agent. Or they could keep him and he can spell Favors)

Sign Damion James for the rest of the season: Athletic player, good defender, and he's a very solid rebounder. Loves being a Net, and he can give solid minutes.

Make Stackhouse an assistant coach: You already know why.

TE for Evan Fournier: Saw this on TBG. He's a very young player, but he barely plays in Denver because of all the wings they have. He's a solid scorer, and he's French (globalization doe). Nets really liked him before the draft, so there is something here.

Updated Roster post-deadline:

Deron Williams/ C.J. Watson/ Tyshawn Taylor
    Joe Johnson/ Raja Bell/ Evan Fournier
    Gerald Wallace/ Keith Bogans/ Damion James
    Paul Millsap/ Reggie Evans/ Mirza Teletovic
    Brook Lopez/ Andray Blatche
    Last edited by JerseysFinest; 01-22-2013 at 08:07 PM.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    We can really use a good 3 point shooter at the 3 playing with Williams, Lopez, and JJ down the stretch of games.
    Wallace and Bogans get so many open shots playing with those guys.
    A deadly shooter would make them extremely hard to stop

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast