Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Nets Make a Significant Move Before the 2/21 Deadline, and who?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Smith

6 28.57%
  • Paul Millsap

8 38.10%
  • Ben Gordon

7 33.33%
  • Other (Please specify in your response)

0 0%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The one that is most common around fan sites like ND is the one where the Nets are getting Tyrus Thomas to help the Bobcats financially, in addition to Millsap. Probably gives them more incentive to take on Humphries' contract knowing they're ridding themselves of Tyrus' bad deal.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    I think getting a team like Charlotte involved for Humphries is a good idea. They BADLY need a starting PF and are just plain bad on the boards. I think theyd give up a few pieces and clear some cap for themselves to get Hump. Worst case for them they use him to acquire a guy like Gay next year. Heres the trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ak66ar4 picks could go to either the Bobcats or Jazz.
    The thing is that they were interested in Humphries when he was good. Now he looks like a bum. I do not think they would still be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    This may be a slap in the face for Utah, but throw in 2 firsts and maybe its a deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afto77n

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    The thing is that they were interested in Humphries when he was good. Now he looks like a bum. I do not think they would still be interested.
    Well, while he does look like a bum he's better than any PF they have. Plus, Hump becomes a big trade piece next season for them to acquire a big name, which they desperately want. Throw them a pick and I think they'd buy into it.

vCash
    Peter Vecsey said on twitter if the Nets are trading for Millsap's contract, it's to be used in a three-way trade to get Rudy. I really think the Nets get a deal done closer to the deadline, makes sense for both sides imo. Memphis gets below the tax line and remains competitive, while the Nets get a long-term replacement and add another piece to the puzzle. He has a very large deal, which I think scares a lot of teams but the Nets will gladly take.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Peter Vecsey said on twitter if the Nets are trading for Millsap's contract, it's to be used in a three-way trade to get Rudy. I really think the Nets get a deal done closer to the deadline, makes sense for both sides imo. Memphis gets below the tax line and remains competitive, while the Nets get a long-term replacement and add another piece to the puzzle. He has a very large deal, which I think scares a lot of teams but the Nets will gladly take.
    The Nets are ****ing stupid as hell. They need an upgrade at PF becayse they have nobody to rin the pick and roll with Deron consistently and there is too much iso ball and they wanna get Gay!? An ISO player that is mediocre at everything except slashing and mid range?

Meanwhile Millsap goes elsewhere?

Gay solves none of the problems this team has. None.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    BTW the Houston Rockets want Millsap

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/01/19...-paul-millsap/

So that dream is over. They have assets for days

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I agree with Chill, Nets need a PF that can play some D, and finish, more than they need Rudy Gay.

Not that I wouldn't want Gay, but I don't think he is a need.
    We need a team that looks at Hump as a huge trade piece next year, because of his expiring,
    Then put Marshon with him, maybe a pick

vCash
    The Nets are ****ing stupid as hell. They need an upgrade at PF becayse they have nobody to rin the pick and roll with Deron consistently and there is too much iso ball and they wanna get Gay!? An ISO player that is mediocre at everything except slashing and mid range?

Meanwhile Millsap goes elsewhere?

Gay solves none of the problems this team has. None.
    I don't actually think the Nets would facilitate a deal with Millsap going to a third team. But it goes back to what I said earlier Chill. If/when Wallace quickly deteriorates, the Nets will be stuck with his deal for the life of his contract. They'll be in the position of paying a player a large sum of money when he can't even play a full 82 game season. They would be getting a healthy replacement in Rudy who solves the youth/athleticism issue the Nets severely lack. Gay is a pretty solid perimeter shooter, and we know he is an amazing finisher around the basket. Every Nets fan knows the Nets need an upgrade at the 4 spot, but the Nets don't have the assets to get that guy. At least next season when Humphries is an expiring contract, there will be more teams willing to take on his contract as opposed to now. If you can get a player at the 3 who is near all-star talent and add him to this nucleus of players, there is no question you do it. I agree that fit is an issue with Gay being mainly an isolation player, but if this actually happens, my best guess is we'd have to see how Carlesimo handles it. You have to admit that a lot of opposing teams would have problems with 4 legitimate top 10 players at their respective positions in the lineup.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    BTW the Houston Rockets want Millsap

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/01/19...-paul-millsap/

So that dream is over. They have assets for days
    I think Utah wants a guard, especially with Mo Will out. Houston has a lot of 4 players, which Utah doesn't necessarily need. So unless Houston is sending those bigs to a third team for a guard, I'm not so sure the dream is over. But their pick will probably be better than the Nets', so if Utah is focusing on that, Houston has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I agree with Chill, Nets need a PF that can play some D, and finish, more than they need Rudy Gay.

Not that I wouldn't want Gay, but I don't think he is a need.
    We need a team that looks at Hump as a huge trade piece next year, because of his expiring,
    Then put Marshon with him, maybe a pick
    The Nets don't have the assets to get a power forward who is starting caliber. But they potentially could get Rudy Gay. Nets don't need him, but he could help the team nonetheless. I don't understand what's so hard to understand. Humphries is more valuable next season, and I bet the Nets will use his contract to get a power forward who wants out or a team is willing to deal.

My fault with the double post, this new PSD is hard as hell to figure out lol.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    I think Utah wants a guard, especially with Mo Will out. Houston has a lot of 4 players, which Utah doesn't necessarily need. So unless Houston is sending those bigs to a third team for a guard, I'm not so sure the dream is over. But their pick will probably be better than the Nets', so if Utah is focusing on that, Houston has the advantage.

The Nets don't have the assets to get a power forward who is starting caliber. But they potentially could get Rudy Gay. Nets don't need him, but he could help the team nonetheless. I don't understand what's so hard to understand. Humphries is more valuable next season, and I bet the Nets will use his contract to get a power forward who wants out or a team is willing to deal.

My fault with the double post, this new PSD is hard as hell to figure out lol.
    Rudy Gay does not improve us. First of all he is an iso player and we already have a lot of that. Second he cannot shoot the 3 well. Third he is not a great passer. Fourth he does not fix out pick and roll D.

If this was a question of replace Wallace with Gay because thats the only move BK can do then i say do it. However we have a very pressing need at PF and there are players who are available who we can try to get.

Making a deal would not be a problem if they really want Millsap. Many teams would want some of their bigs

vCash
    Hump is going nowhere this year. His value is at trade deadline next season when the nets have paid 22 of 28 mil of his contract. Another team can dump a big contract to get the cap relief of his expiring contract for only 6 mil. Then the Nets have the leverage and can get a better player, picks, or both.

vCash
    As each day goes by, the more convinced I am that Humphries doesn't go anywhere

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Following up on the NetsDaily Story about our interest in Gay, here's a deal I think COULD potentially work if we factor in multiple picks being swapped

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5h5wdy

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    If we have a chance to get gay while keeping DWill,JJ,Wallace, and Lopez you do it in a heart beat
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast