Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Nets Make a Significant Move Before the 2/21 Deadline, and who?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Smith

6 28.57%
  • Paul Millsap

8 38.10%
  • Ben Gordon

7 33.33%
  • Other (Please specify in your response)

0 0%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Trade Deadline Thread - Everything Revolving Around Rumors, Trade Machine Ideas &

So with the NBA trade deadline about a month and change away, I decided to make a thread revolving around ways the Nets can upgrade their roster and any other rumors / ideas you may have. Here's my first idea coming out of Portland involving JJ Hickson.

J.J. Hickson's agent has received inquiring phone calls from teams interested in making a trade for him with the Portland Trail Blazers, according to sources.

Those teams have yet to reach out to Blazers general manager Neil Olshey.

Hickson is a Bird Rights player on a one-year, $4 million deal and he has the power to veto any trade that is proposed. If he approves a deal, he will lose his Bird Rights.

Hickson is averaging 12.2 points and a career-high 11.0 rebounds in 29.4 minutes per game.

Via Chris Haynes/Comcast
    Trade Machine Idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9pc9nr

We would have to throw together a package of picks so probably a first and a second. What are your thoughts guys?

All trade rumors and ideas welcome!

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    So with the NBA trade deadline about a month and change away, I decided to make a thread revolving around ways the Nets can upgrade their roster and any other rumors / ideas you may have. Here's my first idea coming out of Portland involving JJ Hickson.

Trade Machine Idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9pc9nr

We would have to throw together a package of picks so probably a first and a second. What are your thoughts guys?

All trade rumors and ideas welcome!
    This trade would be amazing would the Trailblazers be willing to do it if we threw a pick or two? I would also like to snag Nene or Okafor
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash

How to fix the Nets...

If what Vesley said is true then then the Nets are starting to realize that they will not get any good PF with Humphries.

I for one hate the idea of waiting for next year to trade Humphries because our window to win is very short so i wish the Nets would just take a calculated risk and trade Humphries for Nene. It works salary wise and Nene fixes pretty much everything that is wrong with our bigs. His high I.Q. and passing skills would improve our offense as well as his touch around the basket and decent mid range game. Best of all, while he would be a vast upgrade over Humphries on offense, he would be an even bigger upgrade defensively. Nene is quick on his feet and can even guard wings on switches and he defends the pick and roll very well.

Nene would not be available if there was not some risk involved. His Plantar Faciitis is a chronic issue that will plague him for the rest of his contract. That is a risk because his contract is pretty sizable. However when considering our options (there aren't many because nobody wants to take on Humphries) it is a very worthwhile risk.

We are by Billy King's own admission a team built for the playoffs. With the Nets Nene would not have to play as many minutes as he is playing in Washington. We have depth at PF and with the emergence of Teletovic we have even more reason to spread the minutes around. Reggie and Humphries play the same exact role and are redundant players so trading Humphries would not take away our depth even if we have to rest Nene at times. We can monitor Nene's minutes and with constant feedback from Tim Walsh even rest him on some days. We can afford that with Blatche and Teletovic and Reggie. We keep our starting PF fresh for the playoffs when we will need him.

Yes.. we WILL need him. With how the east is shaping up we are looking at a lot of teams that will burn us all day inside as well as on the pick and roll. There are also a lot of bigs that our bigs simply cannot handle (Garnett, Horford, West, Amare, Milwaukee's entire front line) as well as all the pick and roll nightmares which i should not have to name which are not just a concern for the playoffs but for the whole season.

Nene can also slide over to C which helps us even more.

After we address the big problem we need to handle our lesser but just as concerning problems; lack of shooting and lack of speed/athleticism.

Even though the game does slow down in the playoffs the fact that we are terrible in transition will be a huge problem playing in the east. Milwaukee has athletic speedy guards, Atlanta does as well. Miami i should not have to mention, and even the Pacers can push when they want. We have NOBODY that can answer the bell. Nobody! We do not play Taylor enough and frankly based on his play i can understand. The kid is awesome defensively but too much of a problem on offense. We NEED some athleticism.

One option is bringing back Gerald Green who flourished with us before. He is a fan favorite and would bring some excitement to Brooklyn which we need since our crowds tend to be very dull at Barclay's due to our brand of basketball. Green can provide a scoring punch off the bench. His numbers have been coming back up. I do not see how we can do this thou since MarShon does not get paid nearly enough.

Another option is Derrick Williams. Based on reports he is being shopped heavily and the Wolves are not asking for much. Would they accept Teletovic? He fits their ethnic requirements (joke). DWill has been terribly misused in Minnesota and they have not given him a real shot to succeed. That would be a very shrewd move by the Nets if they got him.

Another option is already on the roster! Damion James. I was very against the Nets decision to let Damion go. He is a good defender and elite rebounder and very athletic. That alone deserves a spot on this team imo. He is like a less offesively talented Crash from Charlotte. If we could groom him to come off the bench and just be the hound dog he was at Texas then we can benefit a lot.

As far as shooters my preference would be to trade with ATL for Korver. I do not think he is untouchable and MarShon alone should no it. I know a lot of people here love MarShon but i just do not feel MarShon has a place on this team and Korver is a huge upgrade. I think they would do that in a heartbeat.

PG: Deron/CJ
    SG: JJ/Green/Korver
    SF: Wallace/James
    PF: Nene/Reggie/Tele
    C: Lopez/Blatche

That is a formidable team imo that has few weaknesses and can matchup to pretty much anything

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I really thing Portland would consider it. Shengelia can really attack the rim and proved himself in the summer league. Humphries can be that core backup 4 (or in this case potentially starting) that could stretch the floor once he's in rhythm, and I think by having Lillard already in the backcourt, its going to allow Marshon Brooks some opportunities to attack the rim like he's never seen before.

Add one or two firsts and let's make the deal

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Here's a scenario where we could acquire Oakafor. I don't think the PER's are necessarily accurate (especially Humphries nearly being out of the rotation) so I think this would upgrade us.

Also, this is a MAJOR blockbuster involving Gay to the Wiz

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aa9decf

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I don't think the Nets solve their power forward issue this season. I'm thinking next season, when Humphries' contract is much more valuable, the team will acquire a player capable of starting. Hickson seems like a long shot, I feel like a lot of teams can give a much better offer than the Nets. I like those ideas CW, but realistically, I;m not sure the Nets actually risk taking on Nene, and I'm not sure Atlanta gives up Korver either. Not unless they start free-falling and he suddenly becomes available.

I'm going to make a crazy prediction: I think the Nets will get Rudy Gay in some 3-4 team deal involving Wallace, MarShon, and picks. Apparently there isn't a lot of interest in Rudy due to his contract and overall play, and maybe closer to the deadline Memphis pulls the trigger on a trade. We all know the Nets will willingly pay that contract, and even though Wallace is the soul of the Nets, his injury history and age is a concern. Maybe the Nets trade him while he still has value. We'll see I guess.

If Damion gets cut, I hope the Nets try and get Chris Singleton from Washington. He's a young, athletic defender that can play the 3/4 and barely plays for the Wizards.

If nothing happens on the Rudy Gay front, then probably nothing happens, as Peter Vecsey pointed out on twitter.

edit: maybe something like what Dev posted on TBG
    http://thebrooklyngame.com/brooklyn-nets-trade-ideas/4/
    Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anwlpx4
    Last edited by JerseysFinest; 01-17-2013 at 10:45 PM.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Here's a scenario where we could acquire Oakafor. I don't think the PER's are necessarily accurate (especially Humphries nearly being out of the rotation) so I think this would upgrade us.

Gay and Allen are the 2 best players in that deal. Would be terrible for the Grizz

vCash

Wizards are big winners and with Nets also winning nicely!
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    I don't think the Nets solve their power forward issue this season. I'm thinking next season, when Humphries' contract is much more valuable, the team will acquire a player capable of starting. Hickson seems like a long shot, I feel like a lot of teams can give a much better offer than the Nets. I like those ideas CW, but realistically, I;m not sure the Nets actually risk taking on Nene, and I'm not sure Atlanta gives up Korver either. Not unless they start free-falling and he suddenly becomes available.

I'm going to make a crazy prediction: I think the Nets will get Rudy Gay in some 3-4 team deal involving Wallace, MarShon, and picks. Apparently there isn't a lot of interest in Rudy due to his contract and overall play, and maybe closer to the deadline Memphis pulls the trigger on a trade. We all know the Nets will willingly pay that contract, and even though Wallace is the soul of the Nets, his injury history and age is a concern. Maybe the Nets trade him while he still has value. We'll see I guess.

If Damion gets cut, I hope the Nets try and get Chris Singleton from Washington. He's a young, athletic defender that can play the 3/4 and barely plays for the Wizards.

If nothing happens on the Rudy Gay front, then probably nothing happens, as Peter Vecsey pointed out on twitter.

Atlanta has the hots for MarShon Brooks and have for a while now. I think they would let Korver go for Swag

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I would love for the Nets to go after Derrick Williams. His numbers tell me he is a very productive player playing behind better ones and he needs a change. Can play multiple positions and is very athletic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Atlanta has the hots for MarShon Brooks and have for a while now. I think they would let Korver go for Swag
    It doesn't work salary wise though, Nets would have to do something like Mirza and MarShon for Korver just to get the salaries to work.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    I'll throw a few trade scenarios I've been thinking about, see what you all think:

3 team trade involving the Nets, T-Wolves, and Pistons: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=arh6q3q

Pistons would receive Nets 2015 (top 14 protected) first round pick. T-Wolves receive 2013 first from the Nets and 2013 2nd round pick from the Pistons/ Nets.

2 team trade involving the Nets and the Wizards: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj3ww9a

3 team trade involving the Nets, Nuggets, and Bobcats: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahwatmr

Nets would receive Nuggets 2014 first round pick (lottery protected). (BTW, Nuggets need to clear cap space, getting Miller and Chandler off the books helps them next season.)

4 team Rudy Gay blockbuster (Nets not receiving Rudy) :
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bavcuvm

Grizzlies receive 2014 (lottery protected) 1st round pick from the Kings.
    Last edited by JOhnnyTHaJet; 01-18-2013 at 05:29 AM.

vCash
    Here are some players that make sense for other teams to trade away to save money…for Humphries (12M/2yrs)

Bobcats: Tyrus Thomas (8M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8ago78
    - Thomas and Gerald Henderson (1yr/3.1M), Draft Pick if needed = 11.10M for Humphries
    - Nets have Henderson’s 3.1M off the books end of season.
    - Bobcats get Humphries contract off books next year…saving 8M having to pay Tyrus in year 3.

Detroit: Tayshaun Prince (6.764M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=chjqzqt
    - Prince and Maxiell (5M/1yr), Draft Pick if needed = 11.764M for Humphries
    - Nets have Maxiell 5M off the books end of season.
    - Detroit has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 6.764M having to pay Prince in year 3.

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden (6.687M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b65ld6l
    - Gooden and Udrich (7.37M/1yr) = 14.059M for Humphries and Watson = 12.992M (NO draft pick since we are taking back 1.067M more in trade)
    - Nets have Udrich 7.37M off the books end of season.
    - Milwaukee has Humphries and Watsons contract off books next year…saving 6.687M having to pay Gooden in year 3.

Orlando: Glen Davis (6.4M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a3sn595
    - Davis and J.J. Redick (6.19M/1yr) = 12.59M for Humphries and Draft Picks
    - [2014 1st Rd Pick, 2015 2nd Rd Pick]
    - Nets have Redicks 6.19M off the books end of season.
    - Orlando has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 6.4M having to pay Davis in year 3. After next year Orlando would have a lot of money coming off…Turkoglu (11.815M) totaling 23.815M. Also, helps Orlando receive a better draft pick, to help them rebuild.

Toronto: Bargnani (10M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4jfpnj
    - Bargnani and Draft Picks (2014 1st Rd and swap 2015 2nd Rd Picks) = 10M for Humphries
    - [1st Rd Pick would be protected: Top 10 in ’14, Top 8 in ’15, Top 7 in‘16, unpicked by ’17 then will receive 2nd Rd Pick in ‘17]
    - Nets save difference of 2M for next season. Plus receive a couple draft picks for the extra 3rd year of Bargnani’s contract.
    - Toronto has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 10M having to pay Bargnani in year 3. Also, lose a 1st and 2nd Rd pick for compensation of 3rd year.

Washington: Nene (13M/4yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5ebgl6
    - Nene = 13M for Humphries
    - Straight up trade…Nene better than Humphries…Wizards save 26M owed to Nene in years 3 and 4.

Denver: Gallinari (9.439M/4yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkth8l9
    - Gallinari and Mozgov (3.14M/1yr) = 12.579M for Humphries and 2013 1st Rd Pick, 2014 2nd Rd Pick
    - Nets have Mozgov 3.14M off the books end of season.
    - Denver has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 18.878M having to pay Gallinari in years 3 and 4. Also receiving a 1st and 2nd Rd picks. (Denver also has surplus of SF- Faried, Chandler, Brewer, and Hamilton)

Sacramento: Salmons (8.083M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9ydusn
    - Salmons and T. Robinson (3.375M/4yr) = 11.457M for Humphries and 2013 1st Rd Pick, 2014 2nd Rd Pick
    - Nets get added depth and save .5M next year. Also getting Robinson (5th pick in 2012) to reunite with Taylor.
    - Sacramento has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 14.832M having to pay Salmons in years 3 and Robinson in years 3 and 4. Also receiving a 1st and 2nd Rd picks. A decent trade to dump some salary before moving to Seattle, while still keeping Tyreke and Cousins.

vCash
    Here is the best trade possible. Nets/Lakers/Hawks/Bucks

Tell me what you think

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abvdzma

Throw some picks around but it works for everyone imo

Bucks get rid of a long term deal in Illyasova and get a young pg in case Jennings leaves. Mayve thrown in Bogdanovic if they are being difficult

Hawks get Brook Lopez who is an all star caliber big man for Smith who might not return and get to put Horford at his natural position which they want. They also get Atlanta native and Hawk favorite MarShon Brooks.

Lakers will lose Howard f they fail to make the playoffs. That is bad. Josh Smith fits right in with Mike D'Antoni. Smith would resign there for sure and they do not lose Howard for nothing.

Nets get Dwight Howard along with an overpaid but natural fit with Howard in Illyasova. They also get a back up SF and great shooter in Korver and a back up big man in case the worst should happen.

All teams win. Obviously this is all assuming the Lakers continue to lose which is unlikely but we shall see.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post

I didn't check PSD today but Captain Clutch told me to check out your post...normally I don't like to play with the Trade Machine because of the many loopholes the CBA has. but I will say this I love your trade. Gay is what this team needs and NOW! I hate that it comes at the expense of Gerald Wallace and Mirza..but realistically that is what we are talking about. and as I told Captain Clutch over skype I am overly concerned with Gerald Wallace playing the level he is playing at (HE WON'T LAST 2 YEARS aT THIS RATE)

What I love about your proposed deal moreover is that we get 1 player for 4 players. I know it sounds weird that I like that.. but when you suffer from cap paralyses this is exactly what we need....

Last thing is I love the Chris Singleton comment..SPOT ON!

The reality is we have very little to offer and I don't think it happens.

What we need is athletic players...players who can run and run hard. (a la Gerald Wallace) to me that is our biggest concern.

We have some holes at key positions too but the lack of athleticism is a huge concern.
    Last edited by Whomewhome; 01-18-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast