Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cobras View Post
    I dont want to make excuses for the broncos loosing, as at the end of the day it is still our fault. But the officiating was horrendous, and even with instant replay they missed calls left and right. It sure didn't help us any.

And as stated earlier in this thread, why the hell do they not know the rulebook about those practice kicks. I think Tucker makes it anyways, with or without a practice, but who knows?
    Being that it should have been a 15 yard penalty, odds of him making it would have been much less.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    it would have pushed them back to mid field or so and they would have had to try to get back into field goal range.

vCash
    It was a 15 yard penalty? Ya, that makes a big difference.

vCash
    with our 3rd and long defense, you never know they could of just gotten it all back but it was a call that needed to be made.

These are the damn play-offs, the refs should be extra knowledgeable on the rule book.

It was pretty much an embarrassment for the NFL. Refs not only missing calls left and right (WITH instant replay, I might add) but also not knowing their own damn rule book.

Maybe next time you put a crew that has worked together.

vCash
    seems to me that Denver was screwed on all but the first call...add to this that NOT A SINGLE holding call went against the Ravens offensive line all day long. I simply cannot believe that Von & Doom were manhandled, legally, the entire game by a reworked Raven line.

in all honesty I didn't notice the officiating being this bad while watching live, but watching these highlights makes me want to scream!

vCash
    Denver had some timely calls for them too. They didn't deserve it. Offense was bad and slow paced. Miller and Dumervil played awful. Im not blaming the refs cause that game should of been a win if Denver plays halfway decent. The penalty on the CB for a hold was a joke call which allowed Denver to score a go ahead touchdown. The illegal use of hands on Suggs on Clady was weak that overturned a 3rd down turnover or sack I believe. Denver should of won that game. But they played their worst game of the season. Those refs were bad both ways though. Worse in our favor. but you can't blame the refs only ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Denver had some timely calls for them too. They didn't deserve it. Offense was bad and slow paced. Miller and Dumervil played awful. Im not blaming the refs cause that game should of been a win if Denver plays halfway decent. The penalty on the CB for a hold was a joke call which allowed Denver to score a go ahead touchdown. The illegal use of hands on Suggs on Clady was weak that overturned a 3rd down turnover or sack I believe. Denver should of won that game. But they played their worst game of the season. Those refs were bad both ways though. Worse in our favor. but you can't blame the refs only ourselves.
    The hold on the CB on thomas was justified as he had his hand on DTs should the whole time DT ran his route, 100 times of 100 times that will be called if the ref sees it.....

The Hands to the face on Suggs was all the way a hands to the face, suggs hand went from the throat all the up to underneath the face mask even he was not complaining about the call.....

And to say Von miller and doom played aweful it doesnt seem like you watched either of them all game....i have watched the game numerous times and they both are held a great amount of times with no calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    seems to me that Denver was screwed on all but the first call...add to this that NOT A SINGLE holding call went against the Ravens offensive line all day long. I simply cannot believe that Von & Doom were manhandled, legally, the entire game by a reworked Raven line.
    this hands down is why i just believe the refs were one sided, i wanna know the last time a whole O-line didnt get a holding call a whole game. its just way to rare to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    this hands down is why i just believe the refs were one sided, i wanna know the last time a whole O-line didnt get a holding call a whole game. its just way to rare to happen
    Needless to say, as an offensive line coach, when Kuper was called for that holding, I about lost it. I turned to my wife and said if that call was ever made in a game I was coaching, I would come unglued. That to me was absolutely the worst call of the game. That was just a great block

vCash
    I really did think some of these calls were very questionable. I was waiting for the one make up call that would benefit us in the end. It never came. I know some people don't agree, but I really think that PI call in the 1st on Carter turned the whole game around. Remember Holliday just ran one back and if they had to punt from within their endzone, we could have had some great field position. If we score, we may make the Ravens lose confidence. Never know. Oh well, guess these nightmares from that day will haunt me until next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cobras View Post
    It was a 15 yard penalty? Ya, that makes a big difference.
    According to Mike Perira (sp), it's actually not a 15 yard penalty. In the rule books, it's illegal, but there's no actual specifics of the penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I was pissed at the announcers on this call. Did you watch the replay? The rule exists exactly for these types of situations. Suggs clearly had hands to the face........maybe not a really big deal...........BUT it ACTUALLY is a big deal because that was WHY he was able to get past Clady and get to PFM. If there were no hands-to-the-face then Suggs wouldn't have gotten to PFM. I was pissed that the announcers down-played the call as if it was a ticky-tack penalty call. NO. It was a spot-on penalty call and it nullified the result of the play WHICH ONLY HAPPENED BECAUSE of the hands-to-the-face.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Wouldnt that be a personal foul of something.. usually ends up in 15 even if it isnt specified, I may be wrong but Im sure all personal fouls are 15 yards

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    with our 3rd and long defense, you never know they could of just gotten it all back but it was a call that needed to be made.

These are the damn play-offs, the refs should be extra knowledgeable on the rule book.

It was pretty much an embarrassment for the NFL. Refs not only missing calls left and right (WITH instant replay, I might add) but also not knowing their own damn rule book.

Maybe next time you put a crew that has worked together.
    I cant understand the logic in how the NFL puts the crews together for playoffs. It defies all logic. I hope that gets changed this offseason by the competition committee. Its like, 'hey, lets reward the best crew with the superbowl, but for every other game leading up to it, lets draw names out of a hat'.. stupid

vCash
    That was one of the worst officiating I've seen in a real long time.....it was bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast