Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

For those who wanted to relive the interesting calls...

You decide.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 01-17-2013 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    :cry: The pain is overwhelming.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Yeah the refs were bad.

vCash
    editted it so the video can be embedded and you don't have to click on the link. I have to say I like this new feature.

vCash
    1st call Tony Carter (PI)- Meh. 1st penalty of the game...I can see why the flag was thrown..probably too much contact. Unwise for Carter to do that the ball is clearly thrown over his WR's head..no need to do that. Lead to a TD for Ravens.

2nd call (rather a no call) Decker's missed PI- So RIGHT AFTER they make a call on TC for making that type of contact...they give Brown the luxury to hold Decker's left arm thus impeding his attempt to make a catch?? So there immediately goes the consistency of the PI calls tonight. What did it lead to?? A ravens pick 6 TD.

3rd call (rather no call) Bay-Bay's missed PI- The dude was beat and kicked his leg out thus tripping Bay-Bay...how is that not called? In the words of the commentators "he wasn't even playing the ball" so it's not incidental contact. And again, referring back to TC's PI, at least TC made an attempt at the ball..they called him for that contact but they don't call it there? What did it lead to? Fortunately, we were able to overcome that and tie the game.

4th call (rather no call) Hester's missed PI- Suggs hit Hester waaaaay before the ball got there. That's about as automatic as automatic PI's go. They didn't call it, led to a Prater FG attempt where he ****ing sucked at it..Ravens get the ball..and eventually score. If they called the PI, not only does denver get a fresh set of downs but they also keep the ball thus not giving the Ravens the opportunity to have time left on the clock in the 1st half. What did all that lead to?? A ravens TD.

5th call Kupers *hold*- 3rd and 1 conversion by Hester...and they bring it back because Kuper was pretty much guiding that DT to the ground when he lost his balance or rather..he flopped. The worst part about this *penalty*...the flag came incredibly late. So after Hester gets the first then gets up from the ground...THEN the flag comes out. It was as if the ref simply saw the defender on his back and thought "he shouldn't be like that, that must be a penalty" without actually seeing the play.

That lead to the 3rd and long and the Tuck Rule. Even if you didn't believe that was an incomplete pass or not..if the refs called the kuper play right they wouldn't even be in a 3rd and long. Lead to a Ravens TD.

7th call- Woody's play on Boldin in OT. They even had an instant replay to look at and somehow they STILL called that a catch even though there was no evidence that he established control of it. This lead to..

the 8th call Champ being called for the PI. It wasn't Champ's day..but that's no PI. They have been off on that the entire day. This lead to a Ravens punt but if they got the Woody call right...there is a good chance the broncos don't start on their 16 for OT. The Ravens should of punted at their own 22...would of given Holliday plenty of room to run..

If I have this right, 28 of the Ravens 35 points came via questionable calls or flat out missed calls.

In other words, it was certainly the Ravens day..in more ways than 1

vCash
    Now before all the trolls or baitors come out. No the broncos didn't lose BECAUSE of the refs. Yes, the refs consistently miss calls and no calls in NFL games but there is one thing that any casual fan should realize there is no question the refs made their mark in this game.

vCash
    The point is though that if things would have been called down the middle and not one sided we win that game and it really shouldnt have even been close, but no use in crying over spilt milk and we have to wait till next season. I still have the belief that the NFL is fixed and if the Ravens go on to win the super bowl with questionable calls from the refs that will be proof
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    I can cry over spilled milk...and I WILL!!...

haha. Nah, it's a long off-season. It's still bizarre how that whole game happened.

vCash
    1st call- Should have been illegal contact.("A penalty that results from a defensive player interfering with an offensive receiving player more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. The result of the penalty is 5 yards and an automatic first down in favor the offense.") And the ball was spotted somewhere near the 40- should it have been spotted back where the "foul occured for pass interference" which would have been 10-15 yards back.

2nd (no)call- Hands down should have been call for P.I. If tony carter's was called this should be called

3rd call- Should have been P.I. for sure. Williams is the only one who fell down from him tripping over thomas and he saw thomas wasnt affected and stuck his leg out while going to the ground.

4th- P.I. once again.....The rule stats that you cant go through the receivers back to get to the ball and he arrived way early as well.

5th call- worse holding call i have ever seen. The defender was flipping/diving to the ground himself, if kuper would have been the one to do it kuper would have stayed on top of Kemoatu through the play.BOGUS. This is the flag that i was like the refs are clearly against us and on the win won for ray campaign such a late late late call.

6th call- Tuck rule....arm going forward (fumbles, while trying to tuck the ball) INCOMPLETE PASS, they dont get the ball in our territory and have to drive the length of the field off of a punt. Manning lost the ball going forward and never completely put the ball away to make it a fumble.

6th Call- Anquan clearly lost control of the ball going to the ground and used the ground to aid him in making a catch you can see it on the original play and the shot looking at his ***, the ball moving around on the ground. The refs explanation was even wrong: Anquan didnt have the "ball locked in while going to the ground"

On all of these calls notice the announcers say they shouldnt have happened as well and they didnt even want denver to win, they were jocking flacco and the ravens defense so hard and making excuses for the ravens all game long, yet every one of these questionable calls they say they should go the other way.....EDIT: except the first call on tony carter

7th call- Champ didnt turn Smith nor did he arrive late on going for the ball NOR did he hold him back from getting the ball. just a horrible call all together

And what the **** is up with the ENTERING THE FIELD bull ****? TUCKER SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO PRACTICE A FIELD GOAL AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FLAGGED 15 yards for it....its clearly in the rule! CHAMP WAS EVEN LIKE WHAT THE **** IS THIS!? Refs just wanted to orchestrate an underdog win! Thank you Referees!!
    Last edited by tmacsc2; 01-17-2013 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    im absolutely astonished the refs were blatantly in the ravens corner all game long.

vCash
    Can anyone help me with a rule? Remember when decker cam and celebrated with stokely and came from out of bounds with out his helmet on......Can someone find the rule or clarify why he was not flagged for that

vCash
    Why Decker wasn't flagged for celebrating with stokely without his helmet on when coming out of bounds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    And what the **** is up with the ENTERING THE FIELD bull ****? TUCKER SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO PRACTICE A FIELD GOAL AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FLAGGED 15 yards for it....its clearly in the rule! CHAMP WAS EVEN LIKE WHAT THE **** IS THIS!? Refs just wanted to orchestrate an underdog win! Thank you Referees!!
    This has to be by far the most baffling. I can't say I've seen that before. Clearly, officials weren't up to date on their rulebook..

and of course...it came at our expense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Why Decker wasn't flagged for celebrating with stokely without his helmet on when coming out of bounds?
    Yup! i actually got a good enough response....i guess he can celebrate coming off the bench .......Mike Periera said it was a good flag pick up by the refs. And decker wasnt in the last play so he didnt have to have his helmet on

About the intermission thing....i would agree with you BK but when CHAMP BAILEY knows the rules more than the refs do thats just bad and makes me believe the refs didnt care/going for the ravens

vCash
    I dont want to make excuses for the broncos loosing, as at the end of the day it is still our fault. But the officiating was horrendous, and even with instant replay they missed calls left and right. It sure didn't help us any.

And as stated earlier in this thread, why the hell do they not know the rulebook about those practice kicks. I think Tucker makes it anyways, with or without a practice, but who knows?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast