Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jarrett Jack Isn't What I Thought

I was excited when the Warriors signed Jarrett Jack. Here is a guy who can come in and play defense and play within a team system. With the uncertain status of how Curry's ankle would hold up, I also thought he'd be someone they can plug in there to start if Curry were to miss any games.

Nearly half way through the season, my opinions of Jack have changed dramatically. He's Nate Robinson all over again. I haven't seen a guy bring the ball up and shoot the ball that much in a game since Monta Ellis. He also turns the ball over at a high rate and has the inability to go left. If they're going to have a guy off the bench that can score, then lets get a player that can do that. Not one that is known for defense, but comes into the game and jacks up as many shots as he can. I'd much rather have a guy like Devin Harris.

vCash
    *Opinion based on the last 2 games, thanks for being a real fan.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

vCash
    Its an opinion based on the half of the season. Also those last two games resulted in losses. If Jack is their leading scorer and shot taker, they're not going to win a lot of games. Being a "real" fan doesn't mean you have to like every player on the team. I'm a huge fan that never liked Monta Ellis even after everyone ripped me for it. Looked at this team without him. Jack dribbles the ball and doesn't even look to pass. Thats why this team was so bad all those years with Ellis. This team's success has come with the ball moving and actually being a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Its an opinion based on the half of the season. Also those last two games resulted in losses. If Jack is their leading scorer and shot taker, they're not going to win a lot of games. Being a "real" fan doesn't mean you have to like every player on the team. I'm a huge fan that never liked Monta Ellis even after everyone ripped me for it. Looked at this team without him. Jack dribbles the ball and doesn't even look to pass. Thats why this team was so bad all those years with Ellis. This team's success has come with the ball moving and actually being a team.
    This is what happens on a losing streak. Fans stats saying really dumb ****.

vCash
    Jack dribbles the ball and doesn't even look to pass. Thats why this team was so bad all those years with Ellis. This team's success has come with the ball moving and actually being a team.
    For the entire season Jack has looked very good coming off the bench. He's facilitated the offense more than anyone on the team other than Curry. He's been talked about as a 6th man candidate since early December.

He's had a bad stretch of games, and he did look like a less talented Monta out there last night. But regardless, this guys brought it all season.

But I do agree that this teams success comes from swinging the ball, and everybody playing to their max and sacrificing for one another.

And I Just haven't seen that recently, but I'm sure that's something they're working on right now.

she says go for the championship

vCash

Here we go again.

Did you forget the insane amount of injuries we had? Did you forget that this team had D Leaguers lined up? Did you forget how Nellie basically neutered Andris to the point we essentially had no center? Did you forget that we tanked those years? Did you forget Don Nelson didn't give a **** or that Keith Smart and Mark Jackson were rookie coaches who got no time to set their system up?

Scapegoat Ellis all you want but that is the sad reality of this team's history since 2007 season.

Sure, some of the the team's success is because of the ball moving more. There are other factors you conveniently ignore. This is a COMPLETE team even with Bogut not playing. We have a bench with players who can be starters and major role players on other teams. We actually have not just a big man, we have big men ( plural ).

vCash
    and Jarrett Jack passes. He is averaging 5 assists per game off the bench.

Hell, he even has better FG percentage than Curry.

If he was starting he would be averaging 15 points and 8 assists per game by my estimation.
    Last edited by asandhu23; 01-17-2013 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    I thought Jack has been a very solid backup PG. Last night he looked pretty bad, but overall he has been solid. Your opinion is wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    I thought Jack has been a very solid backup PG. Last night he looked pretty bad, but overall he has been solid. Your opinion is wrong.
    Wrong is an understatement. Jarrett Jack might even be a contender for the sixth man of the year.

vCash
    Overreaction threads <

vCash
    Jack is one of the best backup PG's. Playing him and curry allows Curry to play off the ball and come off screens. Curry shoots 46% from 3 and is on pace to be close to Ray Allens all time record for 3's made in a season. Jarret Jack adds a nice dimension to the offense.

You're crazy if you would rather have Devin Harris. Have u seen Devin Harris the last two seasons?? Dudes awful.

vCash
    Also, Jack is one of the few players on the team who draws the defense away from the jump shooters ( Klay, Curry and Barnes ) by driving in.

vCash
    Jack has a good mid range game and is pretty good with the runner too

she says go for the championship

vCash
    m
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Here we go again.

Did you forget the insane amount of injuries we had? Did you forget that this team had D Leaguers lined up? Did you forget how Nellie basically neutered Andris to the point we essentially had no center? Did you forget that we tanked those years? Did you forget Don Nelson didn't give a **** or that Keith Smart and Mark Jackson were rookie coaches who got no time to set their system up?

Scapegoat Ellis all you want but that is the sad reality of this team's history since 2007 season.

Sure, some of the the team's success is because of the ball moving more. There are other factors you conveniently ignore. This is a COMPLETE team even with Bogut not playing. We have a bench with players who can be starters and major role players on other teams. We actually have not just a big man, we have big men ( plural ).
    The team you are talking about played better when Ellis was not on the court. I can't believe there are people seriously defending Ellis and his negative ws/48 and his lack of a defense.

I am literally shocked people still don't get this when advanced stats make it so easy to see why Ellis really, really bad.

vCash
    uhhhh...jack does not chuck shots...

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast