Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 111
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,446
    vCash
    1500
    If you're asking what I would like to see, it is to legalize the current illegal population and have a basically open immigration law that allows people to come he and settle or come here and work.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,405
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    It could, but right now not really.
    Do you think an effective boarder patrol would create positive outcomes other then the potential tax revenue you could get if they became citizens? I mean IDK but i assume if you offered people legal residence they would take it.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Do you think we should even patrol the border?
    If this is a serious question, the answer is of course. Reform the immigration policy to make it unnecessary for a normal immigrant to sneak in, then all you are looking for are drug runners, other criminals, terrorists and spies. Actual national security type stuff.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That's not a principal i follow. i hope i'm not alone. In fact, i have no problem with Mexicans sneaking into this country. They have never bothered me and I don't blame them for doing it. I will admit i have never studied the issue but people who geted complained about seemed to come from a very hard working family oriented culture. Maybe we should start looking at them as a potential asset
    Well the way that I look at it is that we have laws for a reason. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the law is justified but we can't just decide which laws to follow and which not to follow. We need to reform the immigration system drastically by doing a couple of simple things:

    - Open a path to citizenship to the "dreamers" (kids who came here and then either got a college degree or joined the armed service in some capacity)
    - Get serious about patrolling the border and ensuring that people do not come and go as they please because this not only cheats those who come legally and does open us to attacks
    - Drastically increase the pool of available H-1B visas as well as other valuable tools to bring the best and the brightest to this country
    - Work with Mexico and our central American allies to encourage stability in their government and enable them to provide the security (both physical and economic) that encourages people to come to this country
    - Decimalize (I would prefer legalization) marijuana and other recreational drugs

    These are the framework that I would bring to the table but I don't think we can just start with ignoring the current laws that we have on the books.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,405
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    If this is a serious question, the answer is of course. Reform the immigration policy to make it unnecessary for a normal immigrant to sneak in, then all you are looking for are drug runners, other criminals, terrorists and spies. Actual national security type stuff.
    I like the way this guy thinks
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,405
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well the way that I look at it is that we have laws for a reason. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the law is justified but we can't just decide which laws to follow and which not to follow. We need to reform the immigration system drastically by doing a couple of simple things:

    - Open a path to citizenship to the "dreamers" (kids who came here and then either got a college degree or joined the armed service in some capacity)
    - Get serious about patrolling the border and ensuring that people do not come and go as they please because this not only cheats those who come legally and does open us to attacks
    - Drastically increase the pool of available H-1B visas as well as other valuable tools to bring the best and the brightest to this country
    - Work with Mexico and our central American allies to encourage stability in their government and enable them to provide the security (both physical and economic) that encourages people to come to this country
    - Decimalize (I would prefer legalization) marijuana and other recreational drugs

    These are the framework that I would bring to the table but I don't think we can just start with ignoring the current laws that we have on the books.
    Sure you can. I think blindly following the law is fascism. Just do a risk/reward assessment when breaking the law. Sorry i cant respond to the rest of your post. I just don't know enough about the issue
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    I actually do think an effective border patrol would create a positive outcome in the end. I do think there does need to be reform but a strong border would effect multiple things not just a certain tax revenue from could be citizens.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure you can. I think blindly following the law is fascism. Just do a risk/reward assessment when breaking the law. Sorry i cant respond to the rest of your post. I just don't know enough about the issue
    I just think its dangerous to go around saying "that law is ok" or "that law is bad".
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,405
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I actually do think an effective border patrol would create a positive outcome in the end. I do think there does need to be reform but a strong border would effect multiple things not just a certain tax revenue from could be citizens.
    What would those be?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    The drugs, kidnappings, smuggling of illegals, smuggling of illegal weapons.These are all costs that could be drastically cut down with a strong border and working with the Mexican government.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,441
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    The drugs, kidnappings, smuggling of illegals, smuggling of illegal weapons.These are all costs that could be drastically cut down with a strong border and working with the Mexican government.
    That is one of the reasons why I think we need to work with the governments of the Central American countries to stabilize their governments and get rid of the corruption. We can't just keep throwing people back knowing full well they will try to come back again or worse the governments that we have to work with are not aligned with us on our main goals.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    It makes no sense to me why we don't work more with the Mexican government. Do they even care when we send back illegals?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,405
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I just think its dangerous to go around saying "that law is ok" or "that law is bad".

    Normally, i at the least see you point of view but this time i couldn't disagree more. I think the populace should be part of the checks and balance system and not just by voting. I'm not saying the people should raise up about everything they disagree with but a little disobedience if healthy in my mind
    Last edited by ewing; 01-18-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    The drugs, kidnappings, smuggling of illegals, smuggling of illegal weapons.These are all costs that could be drastically cut down with a strong border and working with the Mexican government.
    Or legalizing drugs.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    So legalizing drugs would get rid of the drugs coming over from Mexico?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •