Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brits have been enjoying delicious horse burgers

LONDON In Britain, a horse is a horse not a main course.

Tesco, the country's biggest supermarket chain, took out full-page newspaper ads Thursday to apologize for an unwanted ingredient in some of its hamburgers: horsemeat.

Ten million burgers have been taken off shop shelves after the revelation that beef products from three companies in Ireland and Britain contained horse DNA. Most had only small traces, but one type of burger sold by Tesco was 29 percent horse. The contrite grocer told customers that "we and our supplier have let you down and we apologize."

Reaction to the scandal in Britain goes beyond concerns about contaminated food. While people in some countries happily dine on equine flesh, in the land of Black Beauty and "National Velvet," the idea fills many with horror.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...green&ir=green

Tasty
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    You always hear that the food sucks over there..

vCash
    yummy

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Horse meat is expensive

vCash
    Should try that in the US.. horse meat has no fat and is all protein

I was seriously considering eating it regularly to bulk up. It doesn't taste much different apparently

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    i hear horse is actually pretty good
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Probably isn't bad.

vCash
    and they're complaining?

Reload #BTFD

vCash
    I love horse meat. I've even enjoyed it raw before, but I suppose I'd want to know if I'm ordering it for whatever reason.

vCash
    "Well, my friend Jay Reimenschneider eats horse all the time. He gets it from his butcher."

-Cosmo Kramer
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella