Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Ummm, I don't understand why you don't understand... Only a fool would not understand. Any agent worth anything would not have wanted to extend beyond this upcoming season because on the UFA market, you can deal with pure capitalism where you have a better chance of getting an overpriced and way too many years on a contract.

Remember, it takes two to make a deal, and don't assume that the yanks were the weak point in this process.They may have wanted to go 4-5 years and the agent said no just to deal with UFA.
    Its pretty obvious the Yankees are the weak point in the process when they come out and say they don't intend to discuss extensions with guys.

vCash
    Obviously I have no idea but I find it kinda unlikely that Hughes wouldn't accept an extension BTW. The big picture on his career is that he's still only pitched full seasons twice in his career. With how up and down his careers been I imagine getting guaranteed money is something his agent would want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Its pretty obvious the Yankees are the weak point in the process when they come out and say they don't intend to discuss extensions with guys.
    It seems to me that their reluctance to extend players might be the biggest obstacle in maintaining a 189 million dollar payroll. If they let guys hit free agency, they're going to end up stuck paying market value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It seems to me that their reluctance to extend players might be the biggest obstacle in maintaining a 189 million dollar payroll. If they let guys hit free agency, they're going to end up stuck paying market value.
    Agree. I can't believe they aren't flexible on this when they changed everything else. Makes no logical sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    $189 million!!!!!!

Hughes is walking and we get compensation.....
    There is money coming off the books this year, they'd have room to sign Hughes. If they don't resign Hughes, barring bringing a kid up from the minors like Banuelos, who is gonna take his place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    There is money coming off the books this year, they'd have room to sign Hughes. If they don't resign Hughes, barring bringing a kid up from the minors like Banuelos, who is gonna take his place?
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I think they will attempt to resign him too. Although we didn't get what we thought we would have out of Hughes, he is still a solid pitcher.
    Actually, he's highly unreliable. You don't know what you're going to get out of him. I would have traded Hughes and let Hiroki go. That's a savings of over 22 million. With that money I would have gone after Bartolo Colon and Carlos Villanueva, which probably would have cost 6-8 million, tops.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vazquez
    I noticed that you misspelled "Vazquez" so I fixed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I noticed that you misspelled "Vazquez" so I fixed it.
    Arghhhhhhhhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vet
    Nova and Phelps are gonna have to do some serious growth if they're our 2/3 options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Actually, he's highly unreliable. You don't know what you're going to get out of him. I would have traded Hughes and let Hiroki go. That's a savings of over 22 million. With that money I would have gone after Bartolo Colon and Carlos Villanueva, which probably would have cost 6-8 million, tops.
    Bartolo = definitely no.

Villanueva...no.

vCash
    it probably depends alot on how Phelps, Nova and Pineda progress this yr. If their doing well at the AS break I think the smart thing is to trade Hughes, teams always overpay for descent pitching that time of yr and i don't think the Yanks will pay him enough to keep him at yrs end. Better to get something for him than nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    This. Right. Here. Is. The. Problem.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    it probably depends alot on how Phelps, Nova and Pineda progress this yr. If their doing well at the AS break I think the smart thing is to trade Hughes, teams always overpay for descent pitching that time of yr and i don't think the Yanks will pay him enough to keep him at yrs end. Better to get something for him than nothing
    This is exactly what I would do. Sadly, its not what the Yankees will do.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I think they will attempt to resign him too. Although we didn't get what we thought we would have out of Hughes, he is still a solid pitcher.
    I think we keep him and collect the pick next year as he signs with the Angels for 5/80. I do think he has a very good year though, our best pitcher this year.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast