Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 135
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Ummm, I don't understand why you don't understand... Only a fool would not understand. Any agent worth anything would not have wanted to extend beyond this upcoming season because on the UFA market, you can deal with pure capitalism where you have a better chance of getting an overpriced and way too many years on a contract.

    Remember, it takes two to make a deal, and don't assume that the yanks were the weak point in this process.They may have wanted to go 4-5 years and the agent said no just to deal with UFA.
    Its pretty obvious the Yankees are the weak point in the process when they come out and say they don't intend to discuss extensions with guys.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Obviously I have no idea but I find it kinda unlikely that Hughes wouldn't accept an extension BTW. The big picture on his career is that he's still only pitched full seasons twice in his career. With how up and down his careers been I imagine getting guaranteed money is something his agent would want.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Its pretty obvious the Yankees are the weak point in the process when they come out and say they don't intend to discuss extensions with guys.
    It seems to me that their reluctance to extend players might be the biggest obstacle in maintaining a 189 million dollar payroll. If they let guys hit free agency, they're going to end up stuck paying market value.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It seems to me that their reluctance to extend players might be the biggest obstacle in maintaining a 189 million dollar payroll. If they let guys hit free agency, they're going to end up stuck paying market value.
    Agree. I can't believe they aren't flexible on this when they changed everything else. Makes no logical sense.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    $189 million!!!!!!

    Hughes is walking and we get compensation.....
    There is money coming off the books this year, they'd have room to sign Hughes. If they don't resign Hughes, barring bringing a kid up from the minors like Banuelos, who is gonna take his place?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    There is money coming off the books this year, they'd have room to sign Hughes. If they don't resign Hughes, barring bringing a kid up from the minors like Banuelos, who is gonna take his place?
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vet

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I think they will attempt to resign him too. Although we didn't get what we thought we would have out of Hughes, he is still a solid pitcher.
    Actually, he's highly unreliable. You don't know what you're going to get out of him. I would have traded Hughes and let Hiroki go. That's a savings of over 22 million. With that money I would have gone after Bartolo Colon and Carlos Villanueva, which probably would have cost 6-8 million, tops.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vazquez
    I noticed that you misspelled "Vazquez" so I fixed it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I noticed that you misspelled "Vazquez" so I fixed it.
    Arghhhhhhhhhh

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vet
    Nova and Phelps are gonna have to do some serious growth if they're our 2/3 options.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Actually, he's highly unreliable. You don't know what you're going to get out of him. I would have traded Hughes and let Hiroki go. That's a savings of over 22 million. With that money I would have gone after Bartolo Colon and Carlos Villanueva, which probably would have cost 6-8 million, tops.
    Bartolo = definitely no.

    Villanueva...no.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    it probably depends alot on how Phelps, Nova and Pineda progress this yr. If their doing well at the AS break I think the smart thing is to trade Hughes, teams always overpay for descent pitching that time of yr and i don't think the Yanks will pay him enough to keep him at yrs end. Better to get something for him than nothing

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It seems to me that their reluctance to extend players might be the biggest obstacle in maintaining a 189 million dollar payroll. If they let guys hit free agency, they're going to end up stuck paying market value.
    This. Right. Here. Is. The. Problem.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    [Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    it probably depends alot on how Phelps, Nova and Pineda progress this yr. If their doing well at the AS break I think the smart thing is to trade Hughes, teams always overpay for descent pitching that time of yr and i don't think the Yanks will pay him enough to keep him at yrs end. Better to get something for him than nothing
    This is exactly what I would do. Sadly, its not what the Yankees will do.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    [Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I think they will attempt to resign him too. Although we didn't get what we thought we would have out of Hughes, he is still a solid pitcher.
    I think we keep him and collect the pick next year as he signs with the Angels for 5/80. I do think he has a very good year though, our best pitcher this year.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •