Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't care about the cap space because it's coming off the books this summer anyway. It's so key to allow a space for Frattin and Kadri to play IMO. These kids need ice time. Ice time they won't get on the 4th line. These kids have way too much skill for that nonsense. I would try this.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
    JVR - Grabovski - Frattin
    MacArthur - Kadri - Kulemin
    Komorav - Steckel - McClement/Brown

Still would be nice to trade MacA TBH. A third line of K's would be solid with Komarov - Kadri - Kulemin
    They would draw so many penalties it would be ridiculous lol Teams would HATE playing against that 3rd line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    I don't care about the cap space because it's coming off the books this summer anyway. It's so key to allow a space for Frattin and Kadri to play IMO. These kids need ice time. Ice time they won't get on the 4th line. These kids have way too much skill for that nonsense. I would try this.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

Still would be nice to trade MacA TBH. A third line of K's would be solid with Komarov - Kadri - Kulemin
    They would draw so many penalties it would be ridiculous lol Teams would HATE playing against that 3rd line.
    Early indications from media are Frattin is on the bubble and didn't make the team. Why? I don't know.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

I agree with what you have here, but I would move McClement to center and Steckel to the press box. I thought McClement would get 3rd line minutes because he deserves them. He is better suited in a 3rd line role.

vCash
    penner also left the ice and no one knows why....hmmmm hahaha

vCash
    Here we go...MacArthur for Penner trade (e4) LOL

vCash
    frattin for penner and bernier....thats a better deal for us

vCash
    ^ i like it. maybe add scrivens if they don't have a goalie ready?

Carlyle really like Penner, and i think he was more upset when he left than Burke was.

Maybe even MacArthur?

vCash
    Bunch of media are tweeting now "Expect Connolly to take Aucoin or Kadri's spot on the Marlies if unclaimed. Buyout unlikely."

Frickin eh.

vCash
    I'm still sort of shocked that Lombardi had any value what so ever. If he can fetch a third rounder (though Phoenix is very familiar with him), you never know. I personally loathe him as a player. He cannot ever stay on the ice for more than a three week stretch. He could make sense in Vancouver for a short season, but I still dislike him immensely.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I'm not sure of Vancouvers cap situation. But if they have the room Connolly could be a stop gap centremen until they get healthy. Still 4.5 cap hit and that sucks for a relatively useless player. Maybe that's a little harsh but oh well.

vCash
    If the Leafs can get a 4th for Lombardi, there must be some way they could get the same and if not higher for Connolly. The Leafs could easily pay half his salary to sweeten the pot a little more just like they did with Lombardi. Keep the picks coming.

vCash
    With Lombardi gone and the fact that, as hard as it is to say; "you can never have enough NHL defensemen." (especially in this shortened season), we kinda need Komisarek... Connolly is the only real bad contract on the team. I don't know why they'd take up a spot on the Marlies w/ Connolly instead of buying him out. Couldn't he just be a healthy scratch for the whole season if they aren't concerned with taking his salary off the books? Do what's right and buy him out! Give him a chance to hook on with another club (hopefully in the EAST), and free up some space to take on some salary in a trade at the deadline if you are getting a sniff of the playoffs. Also, I know people are slotting Komorov into the 4th line because he's supposedly an agitator, but don't forget, he played on a line with Backstrom and Ovi in the K this year. I think Grabo, Kule, and Komorov would be a physical, tough 2nd line that can definitely pot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    If the Leafs can get a 4th for Lombardi, there must be some way they could get the same and if not higher for Connolly. The Leafs could easily pay half his salary to sweeten the pot a little more just like they did with Lombardi. Keep the picks coming.
    This is what I don't get. If they're willing to pay half his salary if someone picks him up on waivers or pay the full salary in the minors, why not pay half in a trade scenario?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    This is what I don't get. If they're willing to pay half his salary if someone picks him up on waivers or pay the full salary in the minors, why not pay half in a trade scenario?
    What do you think Connolly's value would be if the Leafs paid half his salary? I was thinking a conditional 2nd based on games played. If he plays 35 plus it's a 2nd and if he plays less it's a 3rd.

vCash
    Well Lombo garnered a mid-rounder(conditional) so I don't see why Tim couldn't get a third, maybe a conditional second. That's why this doesn't make sense, to place him on waivers. You'd have to think Nonis had shopped him around. I'd take ANY pick for him.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast