Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    Gase said he is looking to be as fast paced as possible.. and we are looking to put the pedal to the metal play as fast as possible be AGGRESIVE and score as many points as possible

i like it
    That's a good start. He's saying the right things..

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...medium=twitter

vCash
    They should take a page out of the Nuggets (George Karl's) book. You're at the altitude people, run and gun. Anytime, you can push the tempo..DO IT. That's a huge advantage at your disposal. If you slow it down, you're giving them time to adjust.

vCash
    Well the whole offense is getting a new playbook that's for sure. We can't use what mccoy had because that's mccoys intellectual property. Some things that mccoy did will probably have rubbed off on gase, but I got a minor in coaching and the very first thing we were taught was to develop your own philosophy. That is step 1 for every coach and they build their career around their own philosophy. If he says he wants to be agressive, that is something he decided 15 years ago so I expect to see some big changes between him and mccoy

vCash
    I'm just familiar of gase, because tebow promoted him alot in his interviews, high praise from tebow. i kinda hope this new OC isnt dumb to put are smallest rb on short yardage's and keep are slow rb's on 1st downs. (understandable for pass protection, but not rushing), I wasn't fan of the McCoy's plays on some downs, I hope Gase is more Peytons roots, but with peyton, I mean we dont need a OC lol I just hope he gives more freedom to Peyton, and Gase is more logical with the running plays.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 01-17-2013 at 02:49 PM.

BRONCOS NEXT LINEBACKER ERA
    C.J MOSLEY + VON MILLER + DANNY TREVATHAN

vCash
    This quote kinda makes me wonder if they all knew it was a forgone conclusion that McCoy would be leaving and that Gase's promotion was predetermined:

I absolutely think Im ready and Im not nervous about calling plays," Gase said, noting that McCoy gave him a few series of play-calling duties toward the end of the 2012 season. "You have one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time as your quarterback Im excited. Im thrilled to be able to have that opportunity."
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they already knew... mccoy was one of if not the hottest names in the coaching carosel. Hopefully that was him calling the plays during the chiefs game wk 17 cause that was the most fluid our offense looked all season.

vCash
    Yea, we pretty much knew Mccoy was gone..so that means the broncos must of planned ahead a little for that. Smart of them to do that.

vCash
    I'm going to hold Gase to his words though. If we're not any more up tempo than this year with McCoy...I'm going to question him.

How many times did we hurry up against the Ravens? Anybody know off the top of their head?

vCash
    Almost every single post in the Mccoy thread was about people wanting Moore or Whizenhunt. I might have seen Gase brought up once or twice. Now, after it's official everyone is saying they like it. LOL!
    I wanted Moore but as I've said in previous posts, I like continuity too. My worry with this promotion is that Gase will still be under the conservative thumb that many assumed Moore or Whiz would not be.
    I am sure that he will be successful but I think Moore would've been a better choice for a team with a short window.

Edit: someone mentioned the development of Osweiler; that is a good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    Almost every single post in the Mccoy thread was about people wanting Moore or Whizenhunt. I might have seen Gase brought up once or twice. Now, after it's official everyone is saying they like it. LOL!
    I wanted Moore but as I've said in previous posts, I like continuity too. My worry with this promotion is that Gase will still be under the conservative thumb that many assumed Moore or Whiz would not be.
    I am sure that he will be successful but I think Moore would've been a better choice for a team with a short window.

Edit: someone mentioned the development of Osweiler; that is a good point.
    I wanted Moore because that would eliminate all concerns or questions with Fox having his offense run "his way." Moore would run the offense...and if there was anything to question, it would be Moore or PFM..that and Moore and PFM work extremely well.

With Gase, people are still going to bring up the "Fox effect" for every odd/conservative play he calls. I've read so many Gase is just a "Yes, man" for Fox.

I can't say I'm upset about it because I realize why it was done. Moore would of brought his own system in the Indy days and that would mean the offense would, in the words of Gase, "start over." Yes, PFM would be comfortable...but it's going to take even more time for the other guys to get it.

That way continuity exists and we can just get better in terms of execution instead of learning as we go. You want to learn it then you want to master it. That's what PFM is all about.

We do have to pay attention to the Brock development. He is apparently our QB of the future...you can't ask the kid to learn a new system every other year.

And of course, the biggest factor PFM. Even with a young dude like Gase calling the plays, we can take that risk because PFM is the QB. He'll run his own thing while Gase gets caught up and knows where to go.

vCash
    If Gase says its all about "scoring as many points as possible" we better drop 50 burgers a lot next year!

vCash
    That and he says he wants to dictate what the defense does and not us react to what to they are doing. You force them to play a way and if they adjust..then you react to that but first you force them to play a certain way.

vCash
    i like this man already, sounds like he has learned a lot in his time in the NFL

vCash
    I guess he's a mike martz protege

vCash
    Oh man...Peyton got a demotion to just QB, that sucks.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast